Our Birthday Thread
Forum rules
All Forum Rules apply, but most of all Enjoy the Party
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Twilight Treasure Hunt Odyssey - GAME OVER

Post by December »

PLEASE NOTE: THIS GAME CLOSES AT 12.01am MONDAY, EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
To be entered for the Prize Draw, you must be finished by that time (and pm us with the secret message). The clues will remain in place for a while longer, for anyone else who wants to follow the hunt for the fun of it.

How well do you know your way around the Twilight books -- and the Lex?

Follow the clues, answer the questions, collect all the hidden words -- and they can lead you to a prize draw!

This Treasure Hunt is a little more complicated than some, with a succession of CLUES, QUESTIONS, HIDDEN WORDS (ie the treasure) and LINKS. It works like this:

Each CLUE hints at a particular Lex thread. Figure out which thread it refers to, and go to the opening post, where you will find the corresponding QUESTION. (Note that where there are also older versions of the thread, the clue always means the new, unlocked version!).

Each QUESTION has five possible answers -- which point you to five different locations on that thread. Choose the right answer and look for the word in the appropriate location.

That WORD is part of the treasure you are hunting for. There are NINE WORDS in all, hidden around the Lex. Together, they make a secret message, which you can use to claim your prize (a banner and a chance at one of our prize draws). So write it down; you will need it when you have collected the rest. The word also serves as a LINK -- click on it to proceed to the next CLUE. Don't forget to write it down before you click! And be sure to write the words down in order....

If something doesn't make sense, or seems not to be working properly, let the mods know!

So here is...

CLUE #1
You show me your avie; I’ll show you mine
And tell you quite plainly if I think it’s fine....

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Re: Twilight Treasure Hunt Odyssey

Post by rapid_reader1 »

I did it! That was so much fun! Challenging, but totally worth it! :D Thank you December!

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
Auro10
Settled in Forks

Post by Auro10 »

I'm form Norway, so I don't speak English so well. So I was wondering what "avie" is. I have googled and looked it up in my dictionary, but I can't find it.
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Auro10 wrote:I'm form Norway, so I don't speak English so well. So I was wondering what "avie" is. I have googled and looked it up in my dictionary, but I can't find it.
Avvie or avatar is the picture some users have over their username when they post :)

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Re: Twilight Treasure Hunt Odyssey - GAME ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Awwww maaaaan! I was NEARLY there! I got more than 1/2 way through it and I got stuck on close to the last clue ='( Oh well, that was pretty fun. Thanks! =)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse