Twilight Saga Q&A

draco117
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by draco117 »

I think it mentions the fact that they moved to forks not to long after they were married and Bella was born a year later. I think Renee left cause she was "a bright and sunny person" and rainy Forks did nothing for her. And you have a point, the only time they mention anything about grandparents is in new moon, during Bella's dream section in the beginning. I guess I need to reread the series again :D
Bubbles
Settled in Forks

Post by Bubbles »

draco117 wrote:I think it mentions the fact that they moved to forks not to long after they were married and Bella was born a year later. I think Renee left cause she was "a bright and sunny person" and rainy Forks did nothing for her.
Ok so they moved there shortly after getting married but what was so fantastic about Forks? I guess there might have been Charlie's job or a small town or a cheap house, I just don't see why Renee would even want to go there in the first place... She is the bright and sunny person, why would Washington seem so fantastic? Maybe that's something that's just better left alone, and that's why SM didn't tell us about it...
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

Bubbles wrote:
draco117 wrote:I think it mentions the fact that they moved to forks not to long after they were married and Bella was born a year later. I think Renee left cause she was "a bright and sunny person" and rainy Forks did nothing for her.
Ok so they moved there shortly after getting married but what was so fantastic about Forks? I guess there might have been Charlie's job or a small town or a cheap house, I just don't see why Renee would even want to go there in the first place... She is the bright and sunny person, why would Washington seem so fantastic? Maybe that's something that's just better left alone, and that's why SM didn't tell us about it...
My guess is that she was in love and when your in love you will do almost anything for that person. Then, a year latter the honeymoon was wearing off and the rain wa probably just getting to be to much for her. Plus a small town doesn't seem like a plac where Renee would be happy so that probably ust added to the never ending rain.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Bubbles wrote:
Also remember how Bella described Renee...and the stories she told about her. It seems like Renee was the type of person to get all worked up about something and go all out but not think it through. She probably thought it was a good idea at the time, but as the novelty wore off, she looked for her next big thing...sorry I don't have a book in front of me to back this up. Also, didn't Bella say that she would try all sorts of classes and things and give up after awhile? I think moving to Forks sounds very Renee-like. She was probably excited about being so close to nature and all the hiking until she tried it! LOL!!
ImageImage
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

ShadowNIN wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
Also remember how Bella described Renee...and the stories she told about her. It seems like Renee was the type of person to get all worked up about something and go all out but not think it through. She probably thought it was a good idea at the time, but as the novelty wore off, she looked for her next big thing...sorry I don't have a book in front of me to back this up. Also, didn't Bella say that she would try all sorts of classes and things and give up after awhile? I think moving to Forks sounds very Renee-like. She was probably excited about being so close to nature and all the hiking until she tried it! LOL!!
I'm not sure where this came from, but I was under the impression that Charlie was from Forks. It was mentioned that his parents were elderly (and possibly ill) and this was one of the reasons why he did not want to leave Forks when Renee got the idea to go. I assumed he had grown up there and his parents had passed away before Bella moved there.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

This came from Stephenie Meyer's Personal Correspondence 10.
The fact that Charlie didn’t follow Renee when she left was about so much more than a job. Charlie’s parents were both still alive, but just barely, when he and Renee met. He was responsible for caring for them. He didn’t choose Forks, he chose his responsibility to his sick parents

Charlie didn’t have this much choice over her leaving. He didn’t LET her go. She stormed out one night just as Bella did in the end of Twilight. His choice was to follow after her, but he couldn’t leave his parents, he was very dutiful about his job, and his pride was injured. He stayed, and by the time Geoffrey and Helen Swan had died (within a year of each other) Renee had moved on so far it didn’t seem like there was a point to following then.
Based on this, I think Charlie and Renee either moved or stayed in Forks to take care of Charlie's parents.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Destani wrote:This came from Stephenie Meyer's Personal Correspondence 10.
The fact that Charlie didn’t follow Renee when she left was about so much more than a job. Charlie’s parents were both still alive, but just barely, when he and Renee met. He was responsible for caring for them. He didn’t choose Forks, he chose his responsibility to his sick parents

Charlie didn’t have this much choice over her leaving. He didn’t LET her go. She stormed out one night just as Bella did in the end of Twilight. His choice was to follow after her, but he couldn’t leave his parents, he was very dutiful about his job, and his pride was injured. He stayed, and by the time Geoffrey and Helen Swan had died (within a year of each other) Renee had moved on so far it didn’t seem like there was a point to following then.
Based on this, I think Charlie and Renee either moved or stayed in Forks to take care of Charlie's parents.
Yes, thank you Destani! This is exactly what I was thinking of. This did lead me to think that Charlie had grown up in Forks while Renee was probably not from the Pacific Northwest at all if she so detested the rain, so I wonder how they may have met?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

CantBreathe wrote:
ShadowNIN wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
I'm not sure where this came from, but I was under the impression that Charlie was from Forks. It was mentioned that his parents were elderly (and possibly ill) and this was one of the reasons why he did not want to leave Forks when Renee got the idea to go. I assumed he had grown up there and his parents had passed away before Bella moved there.
Hmmm, that does sound familiar...next time I read the saga I will look out for it! :mrgreen::
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Okay, I have a small question. When Alice came to live with the Cullen's for the first time, why did she take Edwards room? Weren't they in the current Forks house? Wasn't there enough rooms that she didn't have to take his? LOL!!!
ImageImage
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

ShadowNIN wrote:Okay, I have a small question. When Alice came to live with the Cullen's for the first time, why did she take Edwards room? Weren't they in the current Forks house? Wasn't there enough rooms that she didn't have to take his? LOL!!!
Well, his room had the best view, so she had to have it!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com