Twilight Saga Q&A

ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by ana; »

EdwardNJessi wrote:
I don't know if anyone responded to this question, but I find interesting. I was also wondering about what everyone thought about Edward as a father. It was hard for me to form an opinion about Edward "the father" because, throughout most of the book, he was more worried about Bella and her health/transition to becoming a vampire. There were a few fatherly moments and I have no doubt that he cared for Renesmee, but they were few and far between. If there was a 5th book (how about it Stephanie?) then maybe we could learn more about Edward the father....I think that would be an incredibly engaging part of the story!
That's one of things that made me not like BD, that SM didn't had a chance to show us that side of Edward.
You know how fathers are always really close to their daughters, it's like a completely different bond than sons. I think he would've been great, so overprotective I bet, and probably in a rocking chair reading to her.. I don't know, I really wish SM would publish something extra about that, something like a diary Edward started writing during bella's pregnancy and all that happened after, so I could get a chance to see "Edward the Dad".
Bubbles
Settled in Forks

Post by Bubbles »

bethrose wrote:MY QUESTION is what did people think of edward as a father? it bothered me that rosalie, jacob, and bella were always holding her and taking care of her. there were only a couple of intimate instances with his daughter. while bella was pregnant, it was a monster to him and after the baby was born, you never really see him express his feelings for her.
From my own personal experience with my father - lovey dovey father daughter moments ARE few and far between... I think there were 2 major moments that showed how much Edward loved and cared for Nessie:
#1 When Bella is pregnant and he hears how much the baby loves both of them, it's in Jacob's book and he describes Edward as a traitor because now he loves the monster too... (p325-326 of BD)
#2 In the middle of the "battle" (page 723 of BD) Edward kissed Renesmee's forehead and both cheeks, then lifted her to Jacob's shoulder...

I think he was a fantastic father but you have to remember there are 6 other people in their vampire family (outside of Edward and Bella) who want to hold/play with Renesmee, as well as Charlie and of course Jacob imprinted on her - I think he was being the bigger man by sharing her and not demading the time with her!
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

There's also a short scene right after Bella sees Renesmee after shes changed and Renesmee is showing her "what she missed" and one of the scenes she shows Bella is Edward singing to her with Bella's still body in the background.

I thought that showed something special, because Edward wouldn't leave Bellas side, but he still took time out to spend with Renesmee.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

MagicWings wrote:There's also a short scene right after Bella sees Renesmee after shes changed and Renesmee is showing her "what she missed" and one of the scenes she shows Bella is Edward singing to her with Bella's still body in the background.

I thought that showed something special, because Edward wouldn't leave Bellas side, but he still took time out to spend with Renesmee.
I forgot about that part! That did show a lot of insight into Edward as a father. Also, I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do recall Edward telling Bella about Renesmee before she met her, and it was so sweet. You could tell he already doted on her the way he was describing her...
ImageImage
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

MagicWings wrote:There's also a short scene right after Bella sees Renesmee after shes changed and Renesmee is showing her "what she missed" and one of the scenes she shows Bella is Edward singing to her with Bella's still body in the background.

Oh yeah! That's a good point. :) I had forgotten about that part as well....(sigh) so sweet.
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

ana; wrote:
EdwardNJessi wrote:
I don't know if anyone responded to this question, but I find interesting. I was also wondering about what everyone thought about Edward as a father. It was hard for me to form an opinion about Edward "the father" because, throughout most of the book, he was more worried about Bella and her health/transition to becoming a vampire. There were a few fatherly moments and I have no doubt that he cared for Renesmee, but they were few and far between. If there was a 5th book (how about it Stephanie?) then maybe we could learn more about Edward the father....I think that would be an incredibly engaging part of the story!
That's one of things that made me not like BD, that SM didn't had a chance to show us that side of Edward.
You know how fathers are always really close to their daughters, it's like a completely different bond than sons. I think he would've been great, so overprotective I bet, and probably in a rocking chair reading to her.. I don't know, I really wish SM would publish something extra about that, something like a diary Edward started writing during bella's pregnancy and all that happened after, so I could get a chance to see "Edward the Dad".
I LOVE your banner, ana;!!!!
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

EdwardNJessi wrote:
I LOVE your banner, ana;!!!!
Thannk you! =)

I want to see "How to be" so bad.
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

Okay,
so this is a very minor question,
but I always wondered what it actually meant when SM wrote it,
because it comes up a lot.

What does it mean when Edward or any of the other vamps curl their lips back over their teeth?

Like, how does it look?

I know it's random, but it's always bugged me...

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

AliceC wrote:Okay,

What does it mean when Edward or any of the other vamps curl their lips back over their teeth?

Like, how does it look?

I'm not sure if I can describe this accurately, and this is just my interpretation of how it looks, but if you open your mouth (in the mirror) and put your teeth together, but at the same time, try to show as much of your teeth as possible, put on a mean face, and throw in a hiss, you should get a pretty good image.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:
AliceC wrote:Okay,

Like, how does it look?

I'm not sure if I can describe this accurately, and this is just my interpretation of how it looks, but if you open your mouth (in the mirror) and put your teeth together, but at the same time, try to show as much of your teeth as possible, put on a mean face, and throw in a hiss, you should get a pretty good image.
I think it is a very good question. I have always wondered what it would really looked liked.
And think you rapidheartbeat for a very good explination...although when my mom walked by the bathroom and saw me trying to make the face, it led to a quite awkward moment. :lol:
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’