Edward and Bella #1

mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by mrs0cullen »

in my opinion they're the best couple in history :lol: no one can out love edward and bella. NO ONE I TELL YOU NO ONE!!!!!!!!! Edward and bella 4ever (literally)!!!!!!!!!!
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

So I was talking to a guy I know who just finished Twilight and he asked me a question that I just couldn't give a straight answer to.

"Why does Bella like Edward? He is cold and hard and kinda moody. I mean part of a physical relationship is holding each other and keeping each other warm."

I just wasn't sure how to answer. Anyone else know?
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^This is the best I got:
For the physical part, Bella loves Edward so much that in a way, it doesn't matter if he's cold. She loves him and so she wants to be with him, even if she's cold. Because that part doesn't matter, what matters is that it is Edward who's holding her, kissing her, being on Isle Esme with her.
Now why does she love Edward. I think at first she's drawn to the mystery of him and then is overwhelmed with what it reveals--someone trying so hard to be good when his very nature defies that of him. Plus, he's more mature than the other boys her age, so there's a connection with that as far as conversation goes. Then his generosity and selflessness.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Just call me Bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by Just call me Bella »

debussygirl wrote:^^This is the best I got:
For the physical part, Bella loves Edward so much that in a way, it doesn't matter if he's cold. She loves him and so she wants to be with him, even if she's cold. Because that part doesn't matter, what matters is that it is Edward who's holding her, kissing her, being on Isle Esme with her.
Now why does she love Edward. I think at first she's drawn to the mystery of him and then is overwhelmed with what it reveals--someone trying so hard to be good when his very nature defies that of him. Plus, he's more mature than the other boys her age, so there's a connection with that as far as conversation goes. Then his generosity and selflessness.
I agree about the physical part. I also agree with the mystery of it all. He may have never had a chance with Bella if it wasn't for the fact that he responded to her the way that he did in biology. It intrigued her that he could possibly hate her when he didn't even know her, so when he finally decided to talk to her she wanted to know what his problem was and that leads to their love. Like debussygirl said, after that it was the mystery of what is he? then the wow factor. just my opinion, my BF asked me the same question. :lol:
Edward can bust my headboard, bite my pillows and bruise my body ANYDAY!
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

I'm an avid supporter of Edward-Bella but there's one thing that always bugs me after reading the series, particularly New Moon and Eclipse. I don't think that Bella's love for Edward is as timeless and unbreakable as his love for her. Edward has made it clear through his actions and his words that even if Bella dies or marries another man and grows old, there will be no one else for him. Bella professed she couldn't live without him, but not long after he was gone, she has fallen in love with another man (although she hasn't realized it then) and has come close to take their relationship to new level. True, she has refrained from kissing Jacob in New Moon when she heard Edward's voice in her head, but after Alice came, she was close to kissing Jacob again (before the fateful phone call), and while she was still undecided, she was no longer haunted by Edward's voice like the first time around. It made me think whether Jacob's argument in Eclipse was right, that Bella would've gradually accepted him given the chance. The only thing that stopped Bella from accepting Jacob in New Moon, I think, was because the pain of losing that first love was still raw (after all, it's only been 7 months!). But she has already considered the possibility of accepting Jacob Black, and as we learned in Eclipse, she did love him more than as a friend. It was easier for her to choose when Edward is around, but what if the whole cliff-jumping thing had never happened and Edward hadn't returned to her life? What if Edward somehow managed to resist coming back and she was left alone with Jacob for 1, 2, 3 more years? Would she decide to move on with her life, or would she keep pinning for Edward? (i'd love it to be the second). And most importantly, if Edward hadn't returned and she had married Jacob, would she finally get over Edward and give Jacob all her love? Since she's human, I think it's a very possible scenario. I'm not saying that it's be wrong for Bella to do so...I'm only thinking that, what with her being human with families and people she loves dearly, it'll be impossible for her to hang to that first love forever when it leaves her.

It will be very interesting to see what will happen if Stephenie has decided to write it differently (i.e. keeping Edward away as long as possible). Will it turn into Rafe-Evelyn-Danny relationship in Pearl Harbor? Or will it become a Romeo and Juliet tragedy? Would love to know what you guys think :)
Karistiona
Settled in Forks

Post by Karistiona »

Footloose, I think that's a very valid point, but when Bella was focussing on Jacob I think it was her way of trying to heal. She honestly and truly thought that Edward had left her and she felt raw and alone and devastated, she was looking for something to make her feel almost human again. I think she allowed herself to like Jacob because he made her start to feel a little like herself again, but had Edward turned up the day after she took the motorcycles to Jacob, she'd have said goodbye to Jake and never looked back. Edward was her heart's desire, and always would be, but she had to do *something* to try to get back to normalcy when she thought she'd lost him.

Oh I can feel myself welling up just at the thought!!!
I smile because I have no idea what's going on :)
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:So I was talking to a guy I know who just finished Twilight and he asked me a question that I just couldn't give a straight answer to.

"Why does Bella like Edward? He is cold and hard and kinda moody. I mean part of a physical relationship is holding each other and keeping each other warm."

I just wasn't sure how to answer. Anyone else know?
Er... because he's Edward Cullen? :lol:

I hate this kind of smart questions. I think the idea of warming him up is part of their love. And to show love it's also a powerful thing. Part of Bella always wanted to show Edward it was okay he's being a vampire that he didn't have to loath himself. Because she loves Edward and no matter what he is. She's not scared of him because she sees the man behind the vampire.

And Edward is moody.... some guys are too. But he's a caring person, who respects human life, he's very smart and sometimes sarcastic... ;) Well, I could get babling about Edward's qualities for hours.
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

^ Ha at first i was insulted :o but i got it im ok now. uhh cuzz there in love.. that is kinda a oblious one. she loves him she would love him even if he wasn't beautiful. him being hard and cold dosnt mean much to her.

i hope that made sence... LOVE CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

footloose wrote:I'm an avid supporter of Edward-Bella but there's one thing that always bugs me after reading the series, particularly New Moon and Eclipse. I don't think that Bella's love for Edward is as timeless and unbreakable as his love for her. Edward has made it clear through his actions and his words that even if Bella dies or marries another man and grows old, there will be no one else for him. Bella professed she couldn't live without him, but not long after he was gone, she has fallen in love with another man (although she hasn't realized it then) and has come close to take their relationship to new level. True, she has refrained from kissing Jacob in New Moon when she heard Edward's voice in her head, but after Alice came, she was close to kissing Jacob again (before the fateful phone call), and while she was still undecided, she was no longer haunted by Edward's voice like the first time around. It made me think whether Jacob's argument in Eclipse was right, that Bella would've gradually accepted him given the chance. The only thing that stopped Bella from accepting Jacob in New Moon, I think, was because the pain of losing that first love was still raw (after all, it's only been 7 months!). But she has already considered the possibility of accepting Jacob Black, and as we learned in Eclipse, she did love him more than as a friend. It was easier for her to choose when Edward is around, but what if the whole cliff-jumping thing had never happened and Edward hadn't returned to her life? What if Edward somehow managed to resist coming back and she was left alone with Jacob for 1, 2, 3 more years? Would she decide to move on with her life, or would she keep pinning for Edward? (i'd love it to be the second). And most importantly, if Edward hadn't returned and she had married Jacob, would she finally get over Edward and give Jacob all her love? Since she's human, I think it's a very possible scenario. I'm not saying that it's be wrong for Bella to do so...I'm only thinking that, what with her being human with families and people she loves dearly, it'll be impossible for her to hang to that first love forever when it leaves her.

It will be very interesting to see what will happen if Stephenie has decided to write it differently (i.e. keeping Edward away as long as possible). Will it turn into Rafe-Evelyn-Danny relationship in Pearl Harbor? Or will it become a Romeo and Juliet tragedy? Would love to know what you guys think :)
I think the main thing to remember is that Edward told Bella that he didn't want her anymore. We know he did this so she would move on quicker, but she thought that he really truly didn't love her. So at that point, why shouldn't Bella move on? She's human and so she can change, unlike vampires who change so very rarely and when they do it's permanent. Bella even says in NM that she would always love Edward, that she was broken and could never, ever stop loving him. But since she believed that his feelings weren't returned, there was no point in being miserable forever. She had to try and be happy, and with that came Jacob. So I can be more forgiving toward Bella's actions. We can't really hold her up to Edward, who's not only a vampire but also knows that they still love each other.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
courtanne
Settled in Forks

Post by courtanne »

footloose wrote:I'm an avid supporter of Edward-Bella but there's one thing that always bugs me after reading the series, particularly New Moon and Eclipse. I don't think that Bella's love for Edward is as timeless and unbreakable as his love for her. Edward has made it clear through his actions and his words that even if Bella dies or marries another man and grows old, there will be no one else for him. Bella professed she couldn't live without him, but not long after he was gone, she has fallen in love with another man (although she hasn't realized it then) and has come close to take their relationship to new level. True, she has refrained from kissing Jacob in New Moon when she heard Edward's voice in her head, but after Alice came, she was close to kissing Jacob again (before the fateful phone call), and while she was still undecided, she was no longer haunted by Edward's voice like the first time around. It made me think whether Jacob's argument in Eclipse was right, that Bella would've gradually accepted him given the chance. The only thing that stopped Bella from accepting Jacob in New Moon, I think, was because the pain of losing that first love was still raw (after all, it's only been 7 months!). But she has already considered the possibility of accepting Jacob Black, and as we learned in Eclipse, she did love him more than as a friend. It was easier for her to choose when Edward is around, but what if the whole cliff-jumping thing had never happened and Edward hadn't returned to her life? What if Edward somehow managed to resist coming back and she was left alone with Jacob for 1, 2, 3 more years? Would she decide to move on with her life, or would she keep pinning for Edward? (i'd love it to be the second). And most importantly, if Edward hadn't returned and she had married Jacob, would she finally get over Edward and give Jacob all her love? Since she's human, I think it's a very possible scenario. I'm not saying that it's be wrong for Bella to do so...I'm only thinking that, what with her being human with families and people she loves dearly, it'll be impossible for her to hang to that first love forever when it leaves her.

I've often felt the same way. Especially when, after Edward came back, and she kept saying she loved him and couldn't live without him, she kept running to hang out with Jacob. I don't know if it's just that she's immature, or not sure, or what, but it really annoyed me. I just didn't get it. Maybe because I didn't identify with the Jacob character at all, and I still don't really like Jacob. He never did anything for me when I was reading the series.