Edward and Bella #1

VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by VampGirl »

Yeah I sure had some tense moments contemplating the fact that Bella 'might' end up with Jacob. It just felt wrong to me.

I can't believe the girl at the bookstore was going to ruin the ending for when obviously you hadn't read them yet because you were there to buy the books!!! DUH!!! :shock:

I had a different experience at the bookstore when I bought them. Up until a recent episode of Ellen where she interviewed Stephanie Meyer, I somehow inexplicably had not heard of the Twilight saga. But just listing to SM talk got me hooked and I knew I had to go get the books. So I walked into the bookstore thinking that they'd have to do a special order or something because they wouldn't be very popular, and the sales girl just stared at me bug eyed like I was a complete moron. Then she led me to the huge Twilight display in the store!!!

OOPS, sorry. Kinda off topic there.

Yes lucky Bella and lucky Edwards. I know it's crazy, but I want to be Bella and I want to meet my Edward!!! :oops: Is that wrong???!!! :?
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

Oh I completely agree. I want to meet my Edward more than anything.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

VampGirl wrote:I'm with you Navarre! I loved these books. They made me happy and that's not always easy to do!!

I've also had more than my fair share of crap endings. I WANTED this to be a happy ending. And it was and that was perfect. I like how it all turned out and how the characters evolved. At least, I do believe they evolved. I love the way Bella and Edwards relationship grew. I loved so much about it all!

I fell in love with Bella and Edwards love story. I thought it was beautiful, and reading these very negative and sad comments about the characters and the stories has been a bit of a buzz kill really.
If it's all so offensive, why even join a fan forum? I understand we all have different points of view, but it just seems strange to me that haters of the story would bother spending so much time writing on a fan forum about it. But that's just me and it's ok if other people feel differently. I just don't particularly enjoy reading such really deep seated criticisms of a story that I loved so much.

I loved the escapism and never did I doubt that Edward and Bella's love was real and intense. The only part of the books that actually bugged me was the whole Jacob thing with Bella. And that's because I was kind of jealous. I loved reading about anything that involved Bella and Edward together. Jacob was an annoyance for me and took up too much time for my liking.
That said, I love how the story all worked out and I can understand Jacobs part in it, so I really appreciate him as an important part of the entire story. So I don't really have any complaints. All's well that ends well!

I'm sorry if some of the more cerebral among us think that's a really shallow point of view. But seriously, I think SM wrote a great love story and created a wonderful whole new mythology about Vampires and Werewolves as well. Some of the issues being raised are things that I just don't think she even considered. It's not like her aim was to write a book about teenage suicide and unhealthy lust versus true love and mysogynistic tendencies. SHEESH! She just wrote a really really good story. And I for one am extremely grateful for that. I love living in the Twilight world. I truly enjoy reading these books. I can't get enough of them!!

OK - criticise if you like. That's just how I feel about things. :)
Well said!! I'm with you all the way, Vamp Girl!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

This is probably realy random but i think save me from myself by christina Aguliera id the perfect song for bella about edawrd :P heres a link if you want to listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYxmS4UNrWY
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

I think that the relationship between Bella and Edward is something that noone else can have. However everybody can get very close to that. I believe that Bella and Edward's relationship is like (trying to find a good simile)..... an apple. The forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest. Edward is not supposed to interact alot with humans let alone kill them but then he just stumbles across Bella in Biology and when he is telling her it would be best if we weren't friends that was probably killing him. I think that their relationship grew throughout the entire books including New Moon. Bella was willing to risk her life just to hear Edward's voice and then she flies across the world to go and save him too exposing herself to the Volturi just to save him. Their relationship is something that noone else can have.
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I think that Edward and Bella had lot's of bad experiences throughout their relationship but that kind of made their bond stronger. I admire both for their strenght in overcoming those obstacles but I think they got what they deserved. Since they stayed strong and true to eachother they deserved to be happy as they are in Breaking Dawn they gained their happiness. :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I never thought that Bella would end up with Jacob. I always new she would end up with Edward.....they are ment to be, there is no other way! :D

Edit: I forgot to say this, 20th post, WOOOOOOOOO! :D
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

VampGirl wrote:I'm with you Navarre! I loved these books. They made me happy and that's not always easy to do!!

I've also had more than my fair share of crap endings. I WANTED this to be a happy ending. And it was and that was perfect. I like how it all turned out and how the characters evolved. At least, I do believe they evolved. I love the way Bella and Edwards relationship grew. I loved so much about it all!

I fell in love with Bella and Edwards love story. I thought it was beautiful, and reading these very negative and sad comments about the characters and the stories has been a bit of a buzz kill really.
If it's all so offensive, why even join a fan forum? I understand we all have different points of view, but it just seems strange to me that haters of the story would bother spending so much time writing on a fan forum about it. But that's just me and it's ok if other people feel differently. I just don't particularly enjoy reading such really deep seated criticisms of a story that I loved so much.

I loved the escapism and never did I doubt that Edward and Bella's love was real and intense. The only part of the books that actually bugged me was the whole Jacob thing with Bella. And that's because I was kind of jealous. I loved reading about anything that involved Bella and Edward together. Jacob was an annoyance for me and took up too much time for my liking.
That said, I love how the story all worked out and I can understand Jacobs part in it, so I really appreciate him as an important part of the entire story. So I don't really have any complaints. All's well that ends well!

I'm sorry if some of the more cerebral among us think that's a really shallow point of view. But seriously, I think SM wrote a great love story and created a wonderful whole new mythology about Vampires and Werewolves as well. Some of the issues being raised are things that I just don't think she even considered. It's not like her aim was to write a book about teenage suicide and unhealthy lust versus true love and mysogynistic tendencies. SHEESH! She just wrote a really really good story. And I for one am extremely grateful for that. I love living in the Twilight world. I truly enjoy reading these books. I can't get enough of them!!

OK - criticise if you like. That's just how I feel about things. :)
WOO! WOO! WOO! *CLAP!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* GREAT JOB VampGirl! I feel exactly the same way!!! What you said cannot be quoted enough, that's why I didn't paraphrase it or cut it down. The whole thing is relevant to my thoughts and you said it so eloquently.

I am getting pretty tired of the "What if's..." and the "That couldn't happen because..." and "She should have done this...". Well, you know what people...this is a book made of fictional character's that were created by The Genius Mind of Stephenie Meyer. :ugeek: She can make the story go any way she wants it to, because SHE made it up! :!: She could have done all those things that were said to make the story "right" :?: in your mind, but then it would be a very predictable story and probably not very interesting. :|

The twists and turns and perile and unbelievable happenings were ALL necessary to get us to the final page. The most happiest happy ending in the whole wide world. How great is that!! They worked hard for it! They deserve it! And I loved every bit of it!! Actually, I too, had a little problem at first when Bella couldn't detach herself from Jacob :x , but as soon as he started explaining the strings being cut and being replaced by a million more all attached to Resesmee *BOING* :o all of those doubts washed away and I understood it all!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

Thanks everyone! Usually when I post like that I get all the negative people jumping on me and ripping me to shreds. So it's been nice getting some support from my fellow ..................... are we Twihards or Twilighters??? :D
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

VampGirl wrote:Thanks everyone! Usually when I post like that I get all the negative people jumping on me and ripping me to shreds. So it's been nice getting some support from my fellow ..................... are we Twihards or Twilighters??? :D
:lol: :lol: LMAO!! I personally like "Twi-Hards"!!!! Good Job, VampGirl!!
Last edited by edward4ever on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!