Edward and Bella #1

ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by ment2be134 »

I love Bella's AND Edwards relationship. I was watching this interview with Kristen and Rob, and Kristen was asked a question about Edward setting the standers too high for guys. She basically said that Edward is Perfect in the fact that he's NOT. I think that's true about there relationship too, they both have faults that can get a bit annoying some times but at the end of the day they each bring out the Best in each other. Oh and i also love that fact that Edward doesn't use Sweethearts to describe "them"

If you want to watch the interview here it is ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXd8F9Iq ... re=related )oh it's also a sneak peak of the movie, just so your warned.
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
paxton26
Settled in Forks

Post by paxton26 »

I love their relationship. It is just so passionate and real and powerful. They are so in love and care so much about each other and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship progress as the books went on.
wowgolds987
Settled in Forks

Post by wowgolds987 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:totally. it also makes me feel good that there is a couple out there who are so different, but still the same. like, i relate so well to bella-the whole "not quite fitting in" and "no guys really like me." it makes me fell good that there are people that are, to an extent, like edward. and same goes for you twilight guys. you know, these books allowed me to think that true love really exists. its a nice feeling.

sorry(again), now i'm just getting sappy. oh well. thats just how i feel right now. :)
Mmoinn.com is a beautiful site, you can enjoy the fastest and best services.
wow gold
cheap wow gold
buy wow gold
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

paxton26 wrote:I love their relationship. It is just so passionate and real and powerful. They are so in love and care so much about each other and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship progress as the books went on.
I completely agree with you. People always criticize that Edward is too perfect and is unrealistic. But I think that their love is the most real thing ever, and through the book, we can almost feel Bella's emotions and love towards Edward. It is very refreshing to read a good love story with a great plot instead of reading depressing books with boyfriends who abusing their girlfriends and etc. And I'm not saying that all books are like that =p but it's just the books I've read recently haha.

Also, this isn't the perfect relationship because of all the obstacles they have to go through such as the whole Edward is a vampire thing and also there is Jacob. So I certainly won't say that Edward is perfect guy because he does have flaws. Edward and Bella's relationship progressed from a "predator - prey" in the very beginning to the point that they cannot live without each other. It is very fascinating!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ment2be134 wrote:I love Bella's AND Edwards relationship. I was watching this interview with Kristen and Rob, and Kristen was asked a question about Edward setting the standers too high for guys. She basically said that Edward is Perfect in the fact that he's NOT. I think that's true about there relationship too, they both have faults that can get a bit annoying some times but at the end of the day they each bring out the Best in each other. Oh and i also love that fact that Edward doesn't use Sweethearts to describe "them"

If you want to watch the interview here it is ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXd8F9Iq ... re=related )oh it's also a sneak peak of the movie, just so your warned.
Also, on the same site is the complete 'Cafeteria Scene'. That one is pretty good.
The guy that does the interviewing is annoying to me. Most interviewer are, though.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Visitor
Settled in Forks

Post by Visitor »

Here is my opinion of Edward and Bella’s relationship . . .

First, I think it’s helpful to note that I am an avid reader of romance novels. I enjoy reading about love in its varying degrees of intensity. Mainly because the real world is sometimes depressing. Thus, I have no problem losing myself in a fanciful story about mythical creatures, immortality and love. That being said, it should come as no surprise that I find Edward and Bella’s relationship enthralling.

I love that their love is as intense as it is and mutual in its intensity. I love that she depends on him as much as he depends on her. I love that she can’t imagine life without him or him without her. In fact, I love everything that most critics of the series seem to hate. I positively adore the complete inappropriate, obsessive, unhealthy and unrealistic fantasy of it all! And I say that with as much pride as I can muster through the written word. Furthermore, I have no shame in acknowledging that Bella and Edward’s inappropriate, obsessive, unhealthy, and unrealistic fantasy of a love is the only reason I read the series. To a feminist, I am sure that my stance is quite appalling. And the thing is . . . I don’t even know if I have a plausible excuse for liking what I like. Except to say that I don’t need an excuse.

The fact is I have never read a book in the hopes of finding a deep or profound message. I don’t seek positive examples and role models from the stories I read. It has never even occurred to me to read for anything other than the story itself. Again, maybe that’s because when I read, I look forward to being transported and removed from all vestiges of my reality. And to that end, Bella and Edward’s story accomplishes that quite well. More importantly, the strength of their love is what moves me.

They love music and books. Conversation and silence. They have more in common than they do apart. Neither of them have ever fit in anywhere except with one another. Bella has had to spend her youth as a caregiver. And in Edward, she finally has someone who lives solely for the purpose of giving care to HER. She doesn’t have to create busy time or plan activities when in his presence. In fact, when she’s with Edward, she doesn’t need to “do” anything at all. She can simply “be”. In Edward, she has been gifted with an old soul who can better appreciate her old soul. She has a fierce warrior who can easily protect a young girl who seems constantly in need of protecting. Their relationship may not be someone else’s ideal. But they complement one another perfectly.

Whenever they appear on the same page together, their love for one another seems almost tangible to me. When reading the series I truly believe that to Bella, there is no person greater than Edward Cullen. And I don’t question that belief because I can see for myself the way he treats her. How he bends heaven and earth, sunshine and rain, just to make her happy. How he’s been willing to suffer for the sake of giving her a choice. How he’s controlled his jealousy for the sake of giving her warmth. How he’s even managed to control his fear for the sake of giving her a child. It makes it easy for me to understand how Bella was willing to give up her life for the sake of a love such as that. It’s the kind of love and commitment that can only truly exist in a fairy tale. And as a reader who doesn’t have a problem with fairy tales, I’m perfectly alright with that.
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

I couldn't have put it better myself V. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Visitor wrote:Here is my opinion of Edward and Bella’s relationship . . .

First, I think it’s helpful to note that I am an avid reader of romance novels. I enjoy reading about love in its varying degrees of intensity. Mainly because the real world is sometimes depressing. Thus, I have no problem losing myself in a fanciful story about mythical creatures, immortality and love. That being said, it should come as no surprise that I find Edward and Bella’s relationship enthralling.

I love that their love is as intense as it is and mutual in its intensity. I love that she depends on him as much as he depends on her. I love that she can’t imagine life without him or him without her. In fact, I love everything that most critics of the series seem to hate. I positively adore the complete inappropriate, obsessive, unhealthy and unrealistic fantasy of it all! And I say that with as much pride as I can muster through the written word. Furthermore, I have no shame in acknowledging that Bella and Edward’s inappropriate, obsessive, unhealthy, and unrealistic fantasy of a love is the only reason I read the series. To a feminist, I am sure that my stance is quite appalling. And the thing is . . . I don’t even know if I have a plausible excuse for liking what I like. Except to say that I don’t need an excuse.

The fact is I have never read a book in the hopes of finding a deep or profound message. I don’t seek positive examples and role models from the stories I read. It has never even occurred to me to read for anything other than the story itself. Again, maybe that’s because when I read, I look forward to being transported and removed from all vestiges of my reality. And to that end, Bella and Edward’s story accomplishes that quite well. More importantly, the strength of their love is what moves me.

They love music and books. Conversation and silence. They have more in common than they do apart. Neither of them have ever fit in anywhere except with one another. Bella has had to spend her youth as a caregiver. And in Edward, she finally has someone who lives solely for the purpose of giving care to HER. She doesn’t have to create busy time or plan activities when in his presence. In fact, when she’s with Edward, she doesn’t need to “do” anything at all. She can simply “be”. In Edward, she has been gifted with an old soul who can better appreciate her old soul. She has a fierce warrior who can easily protect a young girl who seems constantly in need of protecting. Their relationship may not be someone else’s ideal. But they complement one another perfectly.

Whenever they appear on the same page together, their love for one another seems almost tangible to me. When reading the series I truly believe that to Bella, there is no person greater than Edward Cullen. And I don’t question that belief because I can see for myself the way he treats her. How he bends heaven and earth, sunshine and rain, just to make her happy. How he’s been willing to suffer for the sake of giving her a choice. How he’s controlled his jealousy for the sake of giving her warmth. How he’s even managed to control his fear for the sake of giving her a child. It makes it easy for me to understand how Bella was willing to give up her life for the sake of a love such as that. It’s the kind of love and commitment that can only truly exist in a fairy tale. And as a reader who doesn’t have a problem with fairy tales, I’m perfectly alright with that.
*CLAP!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* *loud whistles!!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* *CLAP!* "WOOT-WOOT-WOOT!!" Well said Visitor (if that IS your real name.. :lol:)

That is exactly how these books made (and make) me feel! I'm not looking for the story to make sense in the real world. I like the warm and fuzzy, the adrenaline pumping, the "scared out of my whits" feelings that this story evokes in me.

I've never read a book more than once in my life, no matter how good it was. However, I have read these books over and over and over again and I get nearly the same emotions from them the tenth time I've read them as I did the first time!!

I have left posts on a number of threads here trying to explain the book in real-life terms but mostly it was to try and defend SM's reasonings for writing the story this way or that. These books need no real-life justifications because they are not real life. They are an escape for the reader....so sit back and just enjoy where the story takes you...

Good Job in explaining it so eloquently ..ummm..Visitor.... ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Visitor wrote:Here is my opinion of Edward and Bella’s relationship . . .

W-O-W!!! I could not have said that any better, but I have come close in other posts and threads. That is exactly how I feel about Edward & Bella and the saga as a whole.

Never have I been witnessed in a book series a love so profound, so deep, so powerful and so complete as the love between our Edward & Bella. In today's world, we need this escape and fantasy - I need my fairy tale and I do not care what those who need 'the deeper meaning' feel, it's what I see and feel/experience with these wonderful books that matters most to me. I get enough reality each and every day that I wake up and go to work and see around me - I need my escapism; I need my Edward & Bella.

There, now I feel better. Thanks, Vistor for your post, I hope to hear from you in other threads. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
BittenLuvWebmaster
Settled in Forks

Post by BittenLuvWebmaster »

Bella and Edward are sooooo cute together! They are perfect with each other. It really surprised me when Bella kinda' started loving Jacob in Eclipse, because I am so Team Edward. I'm so happy they got married!
♥team edward♥