Confederate Army~ Team Jasper

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Confederate Army~ Team Jasper

Post by Edward_Addict »

skylarblue wrote:I wonder if the left handed batting was due to camera angles? Maybe/maybe not or because being left handed you are called a "south paw" and him being from Texas.

I know that my son is left handed and he bats right handed, so maybe it had to do with the movie production.

I could be wrong but it's only a thought.
I thought about that too but it doesn't really make sense considering they show Rose and Carlisle batting and I'm pretty sure it's right handed. I'd have to go back and check on that though. And also, if it was camera angle and they knew far enough in advance for Jackson to practice using his left hand for a while, why not just set the shot up differently so he can use his right hand? :? Oh the mystery!
Image Image

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Maybe Jackson actually bats left handed in real life. He could be ambridextrious (?) and that's the way he prefers?

Either way, I think that it was the best scene for him.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

No, he says in the interview how difficult it was for him to learn to bat left-handed. So he definitely only did it for movie.
Image Image

sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

all of the actors has to learn the lft hand bat swing because of the camera angle.. (i think)

well jasper/jackson did a great job on that scene.. and officially that's my fave scene ever!
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!

kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

hale yes! that's my favorite scene too.
i'm betting they all had to learn how to bat left handed.
either way, that is the sexiest game of baseball i've ever seen in all of my eighteen years.

"i've been jazzled!" haha, that's just awesome!
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3

LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Camera angle, or not, I thought it was adorable that he was batting left handed. I've got a thing for lefties, I guess. (My hubby's one)

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!

*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* »

Heads up Army.
I'm sick so I won't be on much today.
Just droppping in to let yall know I didn't fall off the face of the earth.

Major Eva

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army

LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Feel better, Major Eva!

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Feel Better Major Eva!

And for the left handed-thing- Maybe in SM's mind Jasper is left handed; but it was never a fact that was relevant to the story, so she left it out. I
Or they just made Jasper different in the movie b/c he is such a fabulous character they had to make him special :lol:
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily

copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

sorry to be interrupting the flow of the thread... :? I've been off for a while, but when I got back, everyone was waiting for me to join the Army. So... :

-What was your first impression of Jasper?

This may seem weird, because he doesn't get discussed very much at the beginning of Twilight, but I always thought of him as the most beautiful. Bella always described him as looking either dangerous or like a "brooding movie star" so he seemed to me like he wasn't really a part of the same world as everyone else, because he was too perfect.

- What do you like about Jasper?

hhhmmmm. Mostly I like the way he is within the Cullen's family dynamic. (wow, that sounds deep...) He doesn't crave attention, and he doesn't force the spotlight back onto himself. He's happy just living his life, y'know? And, of course, I love to see how in love he and Alice are. It's really uplifting, the fact that he's suffered so much in his past, abd that he can still love Alice with all his [silent] heart. :P

- What is your opinion on Jasper's past (in the army, with Maria, etc.)?

I'm not going lie: it makes me angry that he had to suffer that much. I think that if he hadn't been changed like that (if had been changed by Carlisle, say..) he would not find it such a challenge to control his thirst. I don't mean that it would be easy ~ I just think that it would be easier. It seems to me that he struggles more than his siblings, and it's probably something that makes him kind of ashamed.

- What do you think about the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Jasper in the Twilight movie?

Not sure. It's not exactly how I imagined him, but I think they did a good job. It's not bad, just different. I like how [in the movie] Jessica describes him as "the one who looks like he's in pain," ~ it made me laugh. :lol:

- What is your favourite Jasper moment and/or quote?

Chapter 24 of New Moon, on page 533. (specific, much?)

Jasper votes to have Bella changed into a vampire and to become a member of the Cullen family.

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper?

hhhmmm. yes. I was thrilled when I found out more about the fact that Jasper doesn't just manipulate emotions, but that he is affect by the emotion atmosphere created by other people. oh, and I love his nickname. Jazz. *grins like a fool*
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV