The Dating Thread--take 2

a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by a_n_n_a »

Usually by the time I get here any really big advice questions are resolved . . .

But to define love . . . Shall I make a list? Indeed. Now, this is specific to me for what love is
LOVE IS:
-giving someone a box of cereal
-just holding hands
-looking into someone's "musical soul"
-finding my Jim Halpert
-Harry Potter dorks
-sharing strange moments of your day that reminded you of someone
-being able to complain about sports that no one cares about but you

Obviously those things are specific and broad at the same time but I would apply them to being in a relationship that was destined for marriage. I obviously have guy friends now that qualify in some of those categories but it's not full and complete, you know? Also, those are the more fun things that love is to me. Like Lena pointed out, there is no other kind of love than the forever kind in this sense. I very much dislike when people are dating for less than 2 weeks and are saying "I love you". No, you do not. I'm sorry but you do not love them. I quote Ben Schoen, "I probably love Subway more than people love their high school boyfriend or girlfriend". Just substitute whatever you want for Subway and it will probably be true. To conclude, this wasn't a very good definition of love on my part. Ha.
ImageImageImage
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Christine-
Firstly, Isn't it a tad akward that you like the guy you're helping, who likes you, quite smoking for his girlfriend? Or could this be something to get closer to you since he know you hate him smoking and drinking? This is all reallly fishy. You said before that he loves her. I don't think he does... at ALL. Especially becuase if he did, he would not want to kiss you.
Second, I don't necerssarily want to bang him. lol. just like... i don't know.. kiss? Maybe. Or just stare at for an hour becuase he's so yummy looking.

Anna-
i love your love list! I want to make one too!!!!

My love list!
- Has to be musically inclined.
- has a sexy or cute or funny or akward (just memorable and unique.. and TOLERABLE) laugh
- knows that when im avoiding him, it's becuase i want him to come and get me.
- is comfortable with joking about himself
- has the potential of makiiing time go slower
- makes time fly at the same time.
- like my favorite band

So for the past hour i have been listening to romantic and heartwarming love songs. It's making me kinda depressing. Iris just came on (by the GooGoo Dolls) and it's killing my heart. I feel like crying everytime i hear this song. We're definately missing something in Lena's heart. Mostly becuae Lena's never had anyone to love. not even to like. not one that's requited atleast. Lena's just always the friend. (even if i wear super cleavaging shirts that EVERYONE comments on and guys stare at) [ii have no clue why i wrote in 3rd person]
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

CHRISTINE!!: Oh my gosh! Wowza! Okay, well.. let us know how Andy not smoking and drinking turns out. It's so good that he's doing that. It's good things aren't awkward between you two. :)

What is love?

I'm still too lazy to update. :?
Last edited by samajama on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Post by Ruby »

Love is when you feel like you can tell that person anything, no matter what it is, and feel totally comfortable. You know they won't judge you, and you can trust them to keep it a secret.

No update from me. My life is boring. And I still like Drew, even though he's a big jerk. I thought I was over him, but the more time I spend with him, the more I like him. Life sucks. :|
ImageImageImageImage
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Wow, what is love?
I haven't been in love in a while but for me is this:

- Feeling like something is missing when he's apart.
- Being able to hug someone for hours and hours and nothing else.
- When silence stops being awkward.
- Getting hurt.
- Being able to forgive.
- Discovering that after all, you're able to say "I love you" and mean it with all your heart.
- You stop thinking just about yourself, there's someone that matters as much as you do.
- You start to wonder how awful life would have been if he wouldn't have come into your life.
- When you wake up in the morning looking like crap, and probably with morning breath, and he tells you you're the most beautiful thing on earth. (I was about to die when this happened).

That's love for me.
ilovejasperhale

Post by ilovejasperhale »

Hey everyone. I'm Debbie. I'm new here, but I've been reading and you all seem to give great advice so I'm just going to pop in and ask a question. :)

Recently, I met this guy through some mutual friends. He just went through a hard breakup with a girl he was head over heels for. I've been being a good friend and trying to help him out, and that's all been going really well. But now I am starting to like him! We chat online and stuff, and I've hinted to him that I'm interested. I don't think he's over his ex, and I'm not sure how he feels about our 'relationship.'

What should I do?
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Gran thanks so much - everyone here makes me feel so much better about myself and about my situation. So thanks for being here for me guys!

Lovesmesomecullens thanks for the advice. i think i will tell him, but this new development has me really confused. im trying to be happy for him, but its difficult. if it was only him talking about it then i would be alright, but everyone is because she is a college girl, and everyone is wondering how d got her. and D is confusing me as well, either hot or cold with me, and i dont get it. sigh. its great that Andy wants you to help him stop smoking and drinking!

Debbie i think you should wait for a little bit and just try and be there for him. you dont want him to go out with you just to get over his ex, because being a rebound sucks. give him some time, but then tell him face to face that you like him, rather than hinting, brcause some guys can be very dense

My update
this isnt reall much of an update as far as interaction with d is concerned because he was away yesterday. but my friend who is also friends with d's girlfriend, told me that although he thinks that they are serios, she just thinks that they are casually making out, and nothing is going to come from it. do i tell him??
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
maggiepants
Wandering Through Town

Post by maggiepants »

So even though Im still pretty new here and don't really know everyone that well, I'm so happy right now that I want to share my good news! My amazing Russian (I don't know why I feel the need to put that in there, but he was born and raised in Russia until he was 13, then he moved to Texas. I think its interesting, and sexy ;) ) boyfriend of 2 years and I had a really big discussion tonight. To make a long story short, he told me that he knows 100 percent that I'm the "one" and that he desperately wants to marry me (and not for a green card lol!). And, without a doubt, the feeling is mutual. I've felt that way for a while now. However, we both decided that now is not the time to get engaged, since we're both still in school. I'll be done in December but then immediately starting a job, so we're going to put off getting engaged for a little while. But still....what an amazing night!!! <3

Thanks for letting me rant :D
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Ruby wrote:Love is when you feel like you can tell that person anything, no matter what it is, and feel totally comfortable. You know they won't judge you, and you can trust them to keep it a secret.

No update from me. My life is boring. And I still like Drew, even though he's a big jerk. I thought I was over him, but the more time I spend with him, the more I like him. Life sucks. :|
Ruby, if he's being a jerk you need to cut him off.
It'll be hard but if he's messing you around then you need to be bigger than him and walk away!
Start talking to new boys and hosw Drew what he's missing!

Go out with your friends and meet new people!
He'll soon see what he was missing!! :D
xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
clumsy_as_bella18
Settled in Forks

Post by clumsy_as_bella18 »

Am finding it so hard to get on and post atm.. just dont have any time anymore!! So only read thru the first few pages....

lmsc

lol about the party... and i dont blame you for being scared for life... you seem to nice, i would have got up and shouted at them to stop or get a room or sumthing haha. But at least you held strong on the not kissing Andy thing. Good for you :)

Layla_Hale

Ye me and Jacob are more than friends but less than relationship. We've kissed a few times and cuddle up watching films ect, and talk a lot... so basically in a way we're in a relationship, but not if you get me lol ??

and as for me... not much to update really. i might go over Jacobs tomorrow but then i might not.
Im still not absolutely positive about me and him. Another reason thats come up is all the gossip go's round, especially as me and Jacob are an unlikely match, so everyone sticks their noses in and gets involved. With lads older or from a different school ect, things are so much easier because ure buisness is ure buisness.

XXX