Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Evil Guppies
Settled in Forks

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by Evil Guppies » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:26 pm

I just read the article - yay! There is hope for Midnight Sun. In my obsession and need more more Twilight, I did read what she had posted and I soooo wanted more. I can be patient.
I think it's awesome that she's writing mermaids into her next book, I've always been a bit obsessed with mermaids so I have a feeling I'll get addicted again. :ugeek:

QOTD: Who from the fictional world of books would you want to spend your birthday with?
Phedre from the Kushiel Trilogy (Jacqueline Carey)

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:27 pm

una wrote:It's amazing how a little innocent search can come up with stuff that is too much even for us Gutter Guys/Gals!! :shock: Funny example, for those that don't know, I'm an architect. When I was a lowly intern, I had to do a search for gauges of metal studs (framing in walls) at work. So I typed in "stud sizes" (this shows how naive and young I was). :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: I couldn't close my internet explorer fast enough. :lol:
I've done a similar feat. We were searching for where to measure chest-size, so I translated quickly to english, chose picture search and wrote "measure breast size"... :arrow: :shock: :arrow: :oops:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I saw the PERFECT Jacob today, on my way to water gymnastics (old ladies sport, I know) and I had the hardest time not to stare! I think his girlfriend noticed though, her eyes were shooting daggers at me. I only wished that I had a camera, because once she noticed me she kept in front of him all the time *sigh* Good thing I was in the water, no one could see me drool... :roll: bad thing: he was in swim-shorts. I raised the water level a few inches I think...
And for all you gutter gals, I just checked one thing I came to think of about the cougar discussion.
At least translated from Swedish, Cougar and Mountain lion is the same animal... Now, who was it again that preferred them... :twisted:

ETA: Strange, I wondered when posting this, where my other post had gone... Well, obviously me and the 'puter ain't friends tonight...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK

nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 pm

una wrote: So I typed in "stud sizes" (this shows how naive and young I was).
Ah yeah, did you know there is a furniture company called Hooker furniture? Seriously. Just make sure you include the word "furniture."

FS is home and resting comfortably. They did some really cool things with his pain meds that will help him get up on his feet faster and be more comfortable. Right now he has a personal ice machine pump and chocolate protein smoothy while watching Indiana Jones so he's as good as can be expected. He's texting just fine with his left hand. I have to run down to Goodwill now and pick up some old sweatshirts and t-shirts that we can cut up since he can't put that arm through anything. He'll have about a four inch scar and since it runs vertically, the doc joked that he'll still be able to model bras with straps. FS had the best line of the day...when they shaved his arm pit he asked if they would donate it to Locks of Love. He has a big ol' pillow (larger than a football) that sits under his forearm, keeping the shoulder in the best position. He has to tote it around for a month. I think it needs a name. Any suggestions?

He had it repaired with donor tissue. They asked us to write a letter to the donor family. I guess up until I read the request it was "cadaver" tissue to me, like Dawn of the Dead, not a real person. Obviously it is, but I didn't mentally go there until I was asked. It's certanly something I never thought I'd do. I think it's kinda cool. Return to Me is one of my very favorite movies! If you were receiving such a letter, what details would you want to know???

FYI, Roman is a hot, sexy vampire in the Millionaire Vampire series. A little more humor, a little less baking. He has a personal guard made up of Scotish vampires. So the PSD I posted this morning was one of Roman's personal guard, not a vampire from Rome, italy in a kilt.

The article was great. I rarely get on to the front page so thanks for posting the link here. I read the MS pages SM posted and it has only made me hunger for the rest of the book in whatever form she can feel good about publishing. I will be front and center if and when it comes out. I hope she finds her "alone" time soon.

QOTD: Who from the fictional world of books would you want to spend your birthday with? Rhage is my first answer..fun and food!. Mr Darcy is my second, but only if I get to wear the dress and they throw a ball in my honor.

HAPPY BIRHTDAY TAMALYN!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry

Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Actually, I had quite a lot of fun Googling men in kilts. Image

Nissanmama: I'm glad FS is okay. How wonderful of him to donate his removed hair to a good cause! Snort. I'm not sure what I'd expect to see in a letter like that. It's a difficult question. I suppose, just that my loved one's generosity and desire to help others was appreciated; that the recipients value each other a little more because of it.

QOTD: Who from the fictional world of books would you want to spend your birthday with?
We get more than one?? I'd like to spend it with some of my favorite authors (J. R. Ward, Nalini Singh, Lara Adrian, Meljean Brook, Emma Holly, etc.), and the men they write about (why not ALL of them?).

Happy Birthday Tamalyn!!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Good thinking Spoon! We could all just get together on the same day with all our "boys". That way we'd didn't really have to just choose one for the day, but plan by the hour! :twisted:

Nima I'm so glad that FS came through the surgery so well! I don't know of any great names for his shoulder pillow besides his "muffin". It's what we referred to my Dad's knee pillow when he broke his knee. And "Hooker Furniture" is funny - I bet it's someone's last name. There is a fan company we've used before for industrial sized fans for warehouses...I kid you not, the company is call Big "Donkey" Fans. (Trying to work with the language filter). :lol: And yes, we have used them several times, it's a good product, good company.

Happy Birthday Tamalyn!!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Nima: YEA!! Glad to hear FS and you are doing well. Pillow name - how about "pit stop." or "pit prop." "shoulder boulder" Ummm... I'll try to think of more... like "marvin?" What color is it? That could help!

Letter: That is tough. Do you know the circumstances around the death? How old? Things like that may factor into what you want to say. But, maybe just let them know how appreciative you are, and that it's helping FS continue to play football, etc.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Oh why must you weaken my self control? :twisted:
Thank you everyone for the kind words regarding the very difficult decision about seeing the movie.
My coven was actually trying to use Edward's words to prevent me from seeing the film early: things like "Edward had to wait over a hundred years before he found Bella - can't you wait just 2 weeks to see him?"
So ... weak ... I know how Jasper feels!
(To pass the time - well, actually to procrastinate from marking work and writing report cards - I'm re-reading Breaking Dawn.)
As for Edward sneaking in - I'm a sound sleeper but I bet my daughter wouldn't be able to keep it a secret! (Note: she's 8, so nothing gutter-y there.)
As for fictional characters to visit with me on my birthday - too many to count! I agree with Spoon!
Prayers and best wishes to FS, nissanmama! Hope he recovers well. As for your letter, just speak from the heart.
I may be a bit late for chat tonight ... :twisted: :shock: :oops:
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Happy Birthday Tamalyn!

I'm glad FS is doing well, Nima. I hope his recovery goes smoothly. I agree with Lady Di about speaking from your heart in the letter. I think if I were to get a letter like that, I would just want to know that it was sincere.

I've given this question a lot of thought and I decided to go the more serious route. I would love to spend time with Drizzt Do'Urden of the Forgotten Realms books. He's a dark elf who realizes that his race and society are evil so he leaves behind everything he knows only to face prejudice and hatred everywhere he turns. But he makes a few great friends and never loses sight of his values.

We could have so many deep discussions about life, love, ethics and religion. He could also teach me how to dual wield scimitars. That would be awesome! And then in the evening he could call on Guenhwyvar (the magical panther he summons from another plane) for me to cuddle up with and fall asleep. I would probably consider that a perfect day.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/

Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:41 am

Everyone- A sincere thank-you for the birthday wishes! When I saw them, a huge grin became plastered on my face. Thanks for making my special day a little more special!

That would undoubtedly be Ian O'shea from "The Host". I'm re-reading it now. Swoonage. :)
Last edited by Tamalyn on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.