The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I had a lot of similar questions. But I know Collins' style, and she ALWAYS keeps the reader hanging. Even the final book in her last series sort of had a cliffhanger ending. And she loves to kill off characters.

It's weird that Katniss has feelings for both Peeta and Gale, when she keeps saying that she can't afford to have children. Plus, what's the deal with the "Avoxes" or whatever? I'm sure that they'll be important later, though.

It's just a guess, but I think that the second book is going to be about Katniss and Peeta touring the districts the way the victors have to do, and possibly training new tributes. I don't know. Maybe.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

SoulLife
Settled in Forks

Post by SoulLife »

I really hope she chooses Gale, he's like so perfect omg and personally i liked this book better than Twilight as of right now, kinda refreshing after all the Twilight hype. But I'm soo excited for the next book. I think it's called 12 or The Fire Catchers or something I've heard both. Gale <3
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

SoulLife wrote:I really hope she chooses Gale, he's like so perfect omg and personally i liked this book better than Twilight as of right now, kinda refreshing after all the Twilight hype. But I'm soo excited for the next book. I think it's called 12 or The Fire Catchers or something I've heard both. Gale <3
Gale is hotter than Peeta but Peeta is sweeter and more romantic than Gale.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

Didn't she write the Underland Chronicles, or something like that?
They are a kids series, I read them when I was in 6th and 7th grade.
SoulLife
Settled in Forks

Post by SoulLife »

Peeta is more romantic because he thinks she likes him to. If gale had admitted his love he would have been romantic too, but he didn't have the chance :)
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by Jazziscool »

SoulLife wrote:Peeta is more romantic because he thinks she likes him to. If gale had admitted his love he would have been romantic too, but he didn't have the chance :)
WARNING!! SPOILER
I KNOW!! Plus, it's sort of annoying,grrr, because when she see's him before the Games starts she tells him to take care of her family and all. Then, the people came and took him away, and he was like "Kitniss, don't forget. I--"
Then they shut the door before he could finish his sentence. I'm PRETTY DARN SURE he was going to say ,"I love you,"

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

OMG I love that book. My favorite character is Peeta because his anme is Peeta and he makes bread. (pita bread) :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Edward's_Stalker
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward's_Stalker »

OMW i absolutely adored this book!!!!! okay, don't hate me but i think she should have either had Katniss and Peeta eat the berries and then have the last paragraph from Romeo and Juliet at the end or have them eat the berries and then Peeta dies and Katniss laughs because she ate blueberries. so, please, don't hate me. i liked the book but i've gotten very tired of all the series' out there.
also, SoulLife, i LOVE your avatar!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

They all have such wierd names.
Peeta
Gale (for a guy, sorry for the guys out there named Gale, I just haven't heard it for a guy)
Katniss
Primrose
Cato
Clove
Glitter
WIERDO NAMES!!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

i FINALLY got around to read this book after having bought it soon after stephenie recommended it on her site, and i loved it! i'd been wanting to read it but never had time. then i went on thanksgiving break yesterday and finished it in less than a day.

i think she majorly needs to get a new editor, though. there were far, far too many instances where there were either commas where there shouldn't be, or no commas where they should be. sometimes it made the writing confusing to read.

as for gale vs. peeta...i really don't feel like we got to know gale very much at all. i think i would like him if he was in the book more, but since we only really got those few short glimpses of him near the beginning, and since i love peeta, i'm gonna have to go with peeta. for now. could change in the next book if we get more of gale, who knows.

i have to admit, i was expecting that rue was going to turn around and stab katniss in the back. it seemed like katniss was underestimating her because of the fact that she reminded her of prim. i also expected that they would defy the gamemakers in the end, but i thought it would be more of them. at least katniss and peeta and cato. but yeah. i guess it's good i wasn't right, because that made it more entertaining.

i want the sequel NOW, though!
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.