The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by metro_girl0 »

This book was recommended to me, but I haven't gotten the chance to order it at the library or anything. But everyone is saying its awesome, so I am sure it will be good. What is it basically about?

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Ok I'll try to find a liunk it is really confusing. Here it is:
http://thereadingzone.wordpress.com/200 ... e-collins/
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
metro_girl0

Post by metro_girl0 »

Thank you, it sounds really good, thanks so much. I really appreciate it. It sounds really interesting, so as soon as I can get my hands on it. It sounds really, really interesting. Thanks so much. So basically everyone thinks it was a great book?

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
maddy<3twilight

10/10 I like it better than Eclipse. But I didn't really like Eclipse soo...
I LOVE PEETA!

My friend randomly came up to me and sang "Just Peeta, Just Peeta" To the beat of Beat it by Micheal Jackson. haha
metro_girl0

Post by metro_girl0 »

lolz, but you don't like it better than Twilight though right because I might just have to kill you!
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
maddy<3twilight

NO Twilight is still way awesomer! But it was really good! :lol:
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

maddy<3twilight wrote:My friend randomly came up to me and sang "Just Peeta, Just Peeta" To the beat of Beat it by Micheal Jackson. haha
LOL that made me laugh out loud when I saw that haha.

I'm singing it now, probably not gonna get it out of my head anytime soon either.

Haha priceless.

Just peeta peeta peeta peeta rofl

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Wow, only 3 pages?
I started HG a couple of days ago and completely fell in love with it.
I'm only on about page 140, but still, it's a great book.

So. . . . . .I'll be on here more often.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
TeamJake
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamJake »

I guess not too many people read THG yet. They should though this book is amazing! I could not put it down and now I've lent it out for all my friends to read. I even tried to get my mom to read it but once I told her what it was about she thought I was crazy. I think Katniss should choose Peeta. He is so sweet and risked his life just to keep her alive. The way I think of Gale is the way Jake is to Bella. He will always be there for her if she needs him and he will always be the one who helped her through that rough time. But he is too much like a brother to her for them to have a romance. Well I wouldn't be surprised if no one even reads this, but if any fans on here want to talk about the book I use the hunger games triology forum linked on the first page.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*waves*
HA! I finally finished (at 2AM...). I had to wait THREE months to get it from my library. Thus, i had to stay away from this thread in fear of spoilers, but now I can join in :D
So, my review: Excellent. I'm always up for a good futuristic sci-fi book like that, and I turely liked it. It ranks... below Pretties in terms of favorites, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. The plot is interesting, though slightly freaky. I'd compare it to the Matrix, but only by the inhumanity the Capitol has, forcing kids to kill each other and making everyone watch it and enjoy it, to the machines callous killing and exploitation of the human race.
Love Triangle: It would be a true love triangle if we knew more about Gale. I think, in the next book, we're going to really meet him. This one was just a begininng. The rivalry will really spring up now that they're home.
And with every book I read, I make a list of which characters are most likely to die. Top choice right now is... Peeta, followed by Gale. I'm not being heartless, but that's just what I think is going to happen, my predictions for the future plot. It won't be immediate, in fact, it'll probably be the climax of the next book.
So, all in all, I'm in earnest anticipation of the sequel. I wanna find out what'll happen (where's the rebel factor that needs to be there!?!? I'm pretty dang sure there is one!)

Ah, a forum? I think i shall go check it out....