Twilight Saga Q&A #2

lolaoba
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by lolaoba »

Lieziewiezie wrote:
threethings wrote:
lolaoba wrote:I'm quite confused bout Jasper and Alice. According to the book, Alice saw Jacob in her future but how did she know that they were supposed to be together? Jasper hasn't seen her before when she just appeared in a diner or something.
She probably saw them together. It was probably also love at first sight for them, wouldn't you think?
I wondered the same.
Cause Alice only can 'see' things when somebody decides it right? And both of them didn't knew each other. So how can they 'decide' to meet each other?
Yeah, I think Jasper decided that he doesn't want to be a monster anymore and wanted a better life.. goes back to my question about Alice seeing herself being with Jasper... :?:
oH By tHe wAy, i'M n0T LeAviNg y0u...
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Lieziewiezie wrote: I agree with the theory that Alice can't see the future with them cause they aren't in steady form, they shift shapes all the time. Edward and Jasper can use their talents because the talents are used on that specific time and the form they take at that true moment.
No, Alice explains in BD that it is because they are "half-breed's" that she can't "see" Jacob and Renesmee. It has nothing to do with Jacob shape-shifting. It's completely the chromosome count.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

lolaoba wrote:
Lieziewiezie wrote:
threethings wrote:
lolaoba wrote:I'm quite confused bout Jasper and Alice. According to the book, Alice saw Jacob in her future but how did she know that they were supposed to be together? Jasper hasn't seen her before when she just appeared in a diner or something.
She probably saw them together. It was probably also love at first sight for them, wouldn't you think?
I wondered the same.
Cause Alice only can 'see' things when somebody decides it right? And both of them didn't knew each other. So how can they 'decide' to meet each other?
Yeah, I think Jasper decided that he doesn't want to be a monster anymore and wanted a better life.. goes back to my question about Alice seeing herself being with Jasper... :?:
Well in Midnight Sun, Alice sees multiple futures for Bella, depending upon what Edward decides (before any choices have been considered)... So it's possible for her to see things when a decision hasn't been made, things that are just floating around in the realm of possibility. I think that could explain how she saw Jasper before she "decided" to meet him. Maybe she saw him in her future, and discovered that if she followed a certain path, it would lead to him. :?:
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

lolaoba wrote:
Lieziewiezie wrote:
threethings wrote:
I wondered the same.
it wasn't love at first sight. Im pretty sure I heard somewhere that when they were going to join the Cullens they fell in love on the journey :D
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Alice probably saw them meeting as soon as Jasper decided he was going to the saloon (bar, diner, whatever it was). Or perhaps, he only decided to go to a certain town, and the place where they met was the 'hub' of whatever small town they met in. Thus, as soon as Jasper knew where he was going, Alice saw them meeting, and could tell that he was a vamp. which would probably mean that they would atleast be friends if not lovers.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Ok, I know this is a really weird question, but it's been bugging me. So when it's... er, "that special time of the month" for Bella, do you think it would be harder for Edward to be around her? Because she's bleeding.... so wouldn't he like smell the blood and want to drink it?
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

ilovetwilight wrote:Ok, I know this is a really weird question, but it's been bugging me. So when it's... er, "that special time of the month" for Bella, do you think it would be harder for Edward to be around her? Because she's bleeding.... so wouldn't he like smell the blood and want to drink it?
Tons of people have been wondering this, so here's the answer: http://twilightlexiconforum.com/viewtop ... f=15&t=528

Love,
*Wanderer*
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

As far as Jasper and Alice goes... *TOTAL Personal Opinion here* Jasper was looking to alleviate the guilt and depression he felt from his victims at feeding time. He started wandering away from Peter and Charlotte, possibly embarressed or too depressed to care. I think she saw their paths cross. I believe she always knew she'd love him, and he'd love her in turn, and because they'd both be searching for something different, she saw the cullens, who are always on the look out for Vampires wanting to make that 'life style' change.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

edward4ever wrote:
Lieziewiezie wrote: I agree with the theory that Alice can't see the future with them cause they aren't in steady form, they shift shapes all the time. Edward and Jasper can use their talents because the talents are used on that specific time and the form they take at that true moment.
No, Alice explains in BD that it is because they are "half-breed's" that she can't "see" Jacob and Renesmee. It has nothing to do with Jacob shape-shifting. It's completely the chromosome count.
Yeah, she says she can se humans and vampires because she was and is one of them. Unlike half-breeds, which she hasn´t been and never will be.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I came up with this random thought a while back, and its been stuck in my head ever since...

If Mike Newton were changed into a vampire, do you think its possible he would have a tracking ability?

The reason I thought that it was a possibility is that tracking seems like a pretty common power, (we already met three vampires who have it), and the way that he was absolutely relentless in pursuing Bella, even in Eclipse, which reminded me of how James was absolutely relentless in pursuing Bella, albeit for different reasons ;) in Twilight.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|