Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by Zoltan »

Lacuna Scion wrote:Sorry to interrupt all the the Twilight Guide insanity... because I'm miffed too. But these two questions just popped into my head, and I'm dying to know. Now I checked the previous thread and didn't come across them, but I very well could've missed it.

#1) I know vamps don't need to eat; they can but it's just rather uncomfortable. But can they taste-- and I'm talking food here? I don't think it was ever mentioned. They can still hear, feel and smell so would taste be included with those sensory receptors.

#2) In Twilight when Edward shows Bella around his house for the first time he points out all the rooms. However Alice and Jasper have separate rooms. Now Rose and Emmett do and I'm not sure about Esme and Carlisle. But Alice and Jasper are married, so do you think that was intentional?

Random, I know but I'm curious.

1. They can taste but food tastes like dirt to them basically thats why they only eat it when they absolutely need to.
t0pan$e
Settled in Forks

Post by t0pan$e »

threethings wrote:Okay, here's my question:
What if Bella had decided to stay in Phoenix, never moving to Forks?
How would Edward's life play out from there? Would he find another "Bella"?

Everybody's opinions and views are welcome!
Two possibilities are:

1.) Edward and Bella's path might cross somewhere else and who knows what would happen if they did...

2.) If Edward and Bella never met at all, then Edward might not find another "soulmate" for another 100 years...he would be still a grouchy old man inside teenager body. I can't imagine Edward not meeting Bella at all. It is more of their destiny or fate to meet after all. Maybe I am being a bit idealistic but I truly believe there is at least a few soulmates... in different degrees and in different levels.

The question is what if Bella choose to be with Jacob instead of Edward, how would it turns out? How long would it last? Do you think Edward would still want to be with Bella after she turns him down and marry Jacob and have children with Jacob after all? Hmm? There won't be Renesmee after all...
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Lacuna Scion wrote:#2) In Twilight when Edward shows Bella around his house for the first time he points out all the rooms. However Alice and Jasper have separate rooms. Now Rose and Emmett do and I'm not sure about Esme and Carlisle. But Alice and Jasper are married, so do you think that was intentional?
Hmmm. It seems a bit of an obvious mistake to make, so if I had to explain it, then I think I'd say that the house was designed with those extra rooms anyway - Alice and Jasper took one for themselves, and then Alice took an extra one to fit in all her shopping. Because, if we're to believe in BD that Bella's wardrobe extended the length of the house, then Alice would need a pretty large room to accommodate all her stuff (clothes, makeup, hair styling products) if she's as well stocked as she made sure Bella was. I suppose that also just means that they have the choice of two rooms when they want to spend the night together...
Alternatively, we're never told (?) when Alice and Jasper fell in love/got married, and it may have been shortly after they arrived at the Cullens'. Therefore the choice of two bedrooms would be natural at first, and just kept that way for convenience's sake.
Resilda
Settled in Forks

Post by Resilda »

t0pan$e wrote:The question is what if Bella choose to be with Jacob instead of Edward, how would it turns out? How long would it last? Do you think Edward would still want to be with Bella after she turns him down and marry Jacob and have children with Jacob after all? Hmm? There won't be Renesmee after all...
I think if Bella chose Jacob instead of Edward, it would last... forever. Well, as long as they live. While I would hate for that to happen, Bella said that once she chooses something, she sticks to it no matter what, the only hard part was making the decision. Bella would feel horrible about Edward, but she would try to push it out of her mind. She would be happy with Jacob...but it would never reach the amount of happiness she had with Edward. Since Renesmee would never exist, Jacob would never have imprinted. Some part of him may wonder who the person he was supposed to imprint with was. That might cause a little falter in their relationship. No doubt he loves Bella and always will, but it's a different kind.
The picture Bella saw when she was kissing Jacob would probably happen...

On the other hand, I think what happened in New Moon would show up again, but in a smaller degree. Bella would remain faithful to Jacob, but he could never truly clear her. When she would be alone, Edward's image would be in her mind. In New Moon, no matter how much Jacob there was, Edward was still there, in her. Whenever Bella would do something stupid, his voice would be in her mind, such as it would if she were to do stupid things if she were married to Jacob. She would feel empty, that hole in her would be there. Not as dominant, but still there. :(

Edward will always want Bella. He won't go after her because he doesn't want to mess up her life with Jacob, but she'll be the only one for him.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Image Image Image
~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Bella & Edward ~ forever
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

A thought just occured to me, regarding something in BD, and I didn't know where to post it, so I am posting it here...

When Aro touched Edward to get the information about Renesmee, and thus, at the same time, getting all of the information and thoughts that Edward has ever had, then that would mean he knows EVERYTHING that Edward knows or has witnessed, right?

Well it occurs to me then that he would also know that Charlie knows, maybe not the specifics, but about the supernatural world in general...

Do you think that the Volturi will allow Charlie to live with even this limited knowledge, since they made Bella become a vampire, and all of that?

I mean, their (The Volturi's) whole purpose, or so they claim, is to protect the secret and to make sure that everyone else does to, and, that failing, eliminate any threats to their existence, right?

I'm not sure how I never thought of it before, and why Aro never brought it up as a ploy to destroy the Cullens, but I am suddenly very afraid for Charlie's well-being...

Any thoughts you guys (qualification, you folks) might have to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you for your time.
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrenchGirl »

I re-read the all serie one again and I have a few question about New Moon and Eclypse. Maybe I just missed something because I'm French and I read the books in English and sometimes I just don't understand the insinuations.

New Moon, p.494, Edward and Bella are in the plane back Forks :
" It would have been a very good time to talk, to get the answers I needed - needed but not really wanted; I was already despairing at the thought of what I might hear. [...] But, perversely, I bit my tongue against the flood of questions."
What does Bella want to ask to Edward ?

New Moon, p.528-529, Edward and Bella are on their way for the vote at the Cullen's house :
"'It doesn't matter in the slightest what they say.' (Bella)
'This affects them now, too.' (Edward)
He shrugged indifferently."
What does Bella mean ? That Edward won't take the vote and the decisions of his family into account ?

Eclypse, p.44, Bella and Edward are kissing :
" The tip of my tongue traced the curve of his lower lip; it was as flawlessly smooth as if it had been polished, and the taste -- "
Do you think that "the taste" is the taste of the venom ?

Eclypse, p.437, it's the night when Bella accepts marrying Edward. It's the beginning of the evening. They just arrived to the Cullen's house and Edward is kissing Bella.
" He continued to kiss me for several minutes, standing there in the entry; he seemed less guarded than usual, his mouth cold and urgent on mine. "
Do you think Edward already knows that Bella is going to accept marrying him, thanks to Alice ?

Eclypse, p.454, Edward is talking about Charlie :
" Charlie is happier when he pretends to swallow your stories. He'd rather lie to himself than look too closely."
What do you think Edward means ? What did Charlie lie to himself about ?

That's all. :D
I hope my questions are clear and not too full of mistakes.
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
t0pan$e
Settled in Forks

Post by t0pan$e »

FrenchGirl wrote:I re-read the all serie one again and I have a few question about New Moon and Eclypse. Maybe I just missed something because I'm French and I read the books in English and sometimes I just don't understand the insinuations.
Wow, you are brave to read it in other language other than French. No problem, I will be more than happy to explain to you but only in English. I don't know French well enough to translate for you so please bear with me.

" It would have been a very good time to talk, to get the answers I needed - needed but not really wanted; I was already despairing at the thought of what I might hear. [...] But, perversely, I bit my tongue against the flood of questions."
Bella finally got her questions answered later. She was tempted to ask all questions right away but held herself back.

New Moon, p.528-529, Edward and Bella are on their way for the vote at the Cullen's house :
What does Bella mean ? That Edward won't take the vote and the decisions of his family into account ?
It means Edward already know their votes will be since he can hear their thoughts except for Bella. All family members of Cullen want Bella to become a vampire to be with Edward except for Rosalie. Rosalie feels being a vampire is a punishment and wished someone would vote against it for Rosalie before Rosalie became a vampire so Rosalie is trying to protect Bella from cruel fate of being vampire. Am I making any sense to you? Edward knows it won't make any difference with voting because Bella is hell-bent on becoming a vampire to be with Edward forever.

" The tip of my tongue traced the curve of his lower lip; it was as flawlessly smooth as if it had been polished, and the taste -- "
I highly doubt it's vemon but it could be vemon. If it was vemon then Bella would have been turning into a vampire right there.

Eclypse, p.437, it's the night when Bella accepts marrying Edward. It's the beginning of the evening. They just arrived to the Cullen's house and Edward is kissing Bella.
" He continued to kiss me for several minutes, standing there in the entry; he seChemed less guarded than usual, his mouth cold and urgent on mine. "
Do you think Edward already knows that Bella is going to accept marrying him, thanks to Alice ?
Oh man, I gave the "Eclipse" book back to my cousin and now I wish I could borrow and look up in that page...Honestly, I don't know. From what I remember, he was kind of surprised that Bella gave Alice a go on setting up a wedding for her. Maybe you are right, Alice might have told Edward since Bella made a decision.

" Charlie is happier when he pretends to swallow your stories. He'd rather lie to himself than look too closely."
Charlie could not deal anything supernatural as actual facts so he prefers to look other way and left it unexplainable. Just like some people are willing to believe in ghosts and UFO while other people don't want to believe in that kind of stuff.

All of your questions are very clear and no mistake at all. I just wish I have the book, "Eclipse" with me right now so I could give you more answers. I hope my answers satisfy you at the most.
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

SenorGimp wrote:A thought just occured to me, regarding something in BD, and I didn't know where to post it, so I am posting it here...

When Aro touched Edward to get the information about Renesmee, and thus, at the same time, getting all of the information and thoughts that Edward has ever had, then that would mean he knows EVERYTHING that Edward knows or has witnessed, right?

Well it occurs to me then that he would also know that Charlie knows, maybe not the specifics, but about the supernatural world in general...

Do you think that the Volturi will allow Charlie to live with even this limited knowledge, since they made Bella become a vampire, and all of that?

I mean, their (The Volturi's) whole purpose, or so they claim, is to protect the secret and to make sure that everyone else does to, and, that failing, eliminate any threats to their existence, right?

I'm not sure how I never thought of it before, and why Aro never brought it up as a ploy to destroy the Cullens, but I am suddenly very afraid for Charlie's well-being...

Any thoughts you guys (qualification, you folks) might have to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you for your time.

Wow, thats a really good thought... can't believe I missed that one. I guess I'd have to say that since he doesn't know specifics (and they KNOW he doesn't know specifics) then he wouldn't really be a threat. The only thing Charlie is sure of is that Jake is a wolf boy and Bella is suddenly a beautiful young mother... nothing that would lead him to think "vampire"

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

mostly true, i suppose, but the volturi have never been extremely well known for their tolerance, so i think that the threat is there all the same...

I guess SM will probably cover it in later stories, assuming (hoping with all of my might) that she continues the series, since there's so much left that could be done with the story...

fingers crossed..
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

FrenchGirl wrote:I re-read the all serie one again and I have a few question about New Moon and Eclypse. Maybe I just missed something because I'm French and I read the books in English and sometimes I just don't understand the insinuations. Okay, *laces fingers together and pushes them, palms out, away from my body--cracking the knuckles* let's get started on my interpretation of your questions:

Look a couple of pages back--p.490, Bella says "I had a million questions for him...Here in his arms, it was so easy to fantasize that he wanted me. I didn't want to think about his motivations now--about whether he acted this way to keep me calm while we were still in danger, or if he just felt guilty for where we were and relieved that he wasn't responsible for my death."
She basically wants to know what he's thinking. Did he really still love her? (she thinks no way!); why is he here?; why is he touching her like he loves her? Just to calm her, or is it more?

You've actually got the quotes swapped. Edward says "It doesn't matter in the slightest..." and Bella says "This affects them now, too."
Edward's telling Bella that she will not become a vampire no matter what his family says.

I think, yes it is venom (just like we have saliva and blood and other bodily secretions). Because he gets venom in his mouth when he's around her and then he licks his lips and it gets rubbed onto his lips. I think it's the venom that gives off the fragrances of all of the vampires (each smells differently). BUT remember--venom is NOT poisonous to humans nor does it make them "transform" unless it enters the bloodstream. So, it isn't dangerous for Bella to ingest the venom by licking his lip (um...excuse me just one moment... :oops: )

" He continued to kiss me for several minutes, standing there in the entry; he seemed less guarded than usual, his mouth cold and urgent on mine. "
I think he was just super excited that they were going to be alone together. Plus, he knew he was going to give her the heart charm and that maybe if things went well, he would ask her again to marry him.
It's possible that Alice knew that Bella was going to insist on sex before her transformation but I don't think that would necessarily correlate to her saying "yes" to Edward's proposal.

Well, for four books now, Charlie has been on the sidelines, watching his daughter's crazy death-defying life. He probably doesn't know about some of the near death experiences Bella's had, but I bet he knows most of them, because as Bella has said, there are no secrets in Forks, especially when your Dad is the Chief of Police. Plus, her boyfriend and his whole family look like they live in a cave (a cave only reserved for very beautiful people by the way). Rather than ask questions about all the weird stuff he sees and thinks he sees and hears, he would prefer to not know. And Edward sees all this conflict in Charlie's mind, that's how he knows.

Great questions! :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!