Twilight Saga Q&A #2

edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by edward4ever »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
#1twi-guy wrote:Did Jacob and the rest of the pack know they were shapeshifters or did they really think they were actually werewolves?

Sorry if that's a dumb question...
A dumb question is ....One not asked!! :D

Jacob was just as surprised as everyone else th at he was not a werewolf. He made the assumption they were werewolves because ...he changed into a wolf. I think he even growled a little at first when Edward said he wasn't a werewolf....hang on let me get my book....*runs to get BD*.....................Okay, got it.
Jacob didn't growl, he was just confused.
Pg 704 Bella thinking-- "Not werewolves? I shot a mystified look at Jacob. He lifted his huge shoulders and let them drop---a shrug. He didn't know what Edward was talking about, either."
Seeing as the pack has never left La Push, they never came across children of the moon. They called themselves werewolves. Only Edward (and maybe Carlisle) knew that they weren't real werewolves, which I'm guessing Edward would have found out in Volterra during his botched suicide plan.

A bunch of people ask why the Cullens never mentioned that to Jacob. I figured it was because whenever the vamps and wolves were cordial, they were too busy planning a vampire killing alliance/discussing the terms of Bella's visits/figuring out why Nessie is growing so f**king fast to discuss the different mythical species' of the world over tea. Imagine Quil trying to remember to keep his pinky up. :lol:
I think only Edward knew that they were not werewolves (or put two and two together) by getting inside the minds of all of the werewolves (shapeshifters--you know what I mean). He was able to get the full story of the spirit wolf by seeing the story of "The Third Wife" in Jacob's head, and I think he made the deduction that Jacob and the rest of the wolves didn't bother making because the question was never broached before.
Because, if you remember, even the Volturi thought they were werewolves.

who_needs_fangs? - you are my entertainment from now on!! Whenever I need a laugh I am going to search you out on here!! :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

edward4ever wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
#1twi-guy wrote:Did Jacob and the rest of the pack know they were shapeshifters or did they really think they were actually werewolves?

Sorry if that's a dumb question...
A dumb question is ....One not asked!! :D

Jacob was just as surprised as everyone else th at he was not a werewolf. He made the assumption they were werewolves because ...he changed into a wolf. I think he even growled a little at first when Edward said he wasn't a werewolf....hang on let me get my book....*runs to get BD*.....................Okay, got it.
Jacob didn't growl, he was just confused.
Pg 704 Bella thinking-- "Not werewolves? I shot a mystified look at Jacob. He lifted his huge shoulders and let them drop---a shrug. He didn't know what Edward was talking about, either."
Seeing as the pack has never left La Push, they never came across children of the moon. They called themselves werewolves. Only Edward (and maybe Carlisle) knew that they weren't real werewolves, which I'm guessing Edward would have found out in Volterra during his botched suicide plan.

A bunch of people ask why the Cullens never mentioned that to Jacob. I figured it was because whenever the vamps and wolves were cordial, they were too busy planning a vampire killing alliance/discussing the terms of Bella's visits/figuring out why Nessie is growing so f**king fast to discuss the different mythical species' of the world over tea. Imagine Quil trying to remember to keep his pinky up. :lol:
I think only Edward knew that they were not werewolves (or put two and two together) by getting inside the minds of all of the werewolves (shapeshifters--you know what I mean). He was able to get the full story of the spirit wolf by seeing the story of "The Third Wife" in Jacob's head, and I think he made the deduction that Jacob and the rest of the wolves didn't bother making because the question was never broached before.
Because, if you remember, even the Volturi thought they were werewolves.

who_needs_fangs? - you are my entertainment from now on!! Whenever I need a laugh I am going to search you out on here!! :lol:
I think he heard the story of "The Third Wife', so he knew about the packs history. Before that when Aro touched Edward (that sounds awkward) he (Aro) thought about Caius's encounter with a werewolf. Edward therefore learned the two different histories. and um... noticed there were TWO histories so there were TWO species'. I guess that they look sorta similar which is why Vikki and the Key Chain freaked out at first. But then Aro, through Edward saw the two different histories and knew they were different. So if Jake had met a real werewolf ("What am I, chopped liver?"-shut up unnamed pre-teen shapeshifter!) He would know that that wolf is different from his wolf, and would realize their is more than one wolf species in the world. I use the letter "w" a lot in the preceding sentence.

oh and I'm glad I'm so entertaining; though you won't see much of me in the next month, as I will be on vacation where the internet connection is fraught with the perils of dial-up. woe is me :cry:
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
oh and I'm glad I'm so entertaining; though you won't see much of me in the next month, as I will be on vacation where the internet connection is fraught with the perils of dial-up. woe is me :cry:
Ah, thats a shame, as I agree with Edward4ever, you are quite entertaining! lol *loved the mental pic of Quil with his pinky up*
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

foolinthemoon wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:
Ah, thats a shame, as I agree with Edward4ever, you are quite entertaining! lol *loved the mental pic of Quil with his pinky up*
Aww, I would bow if you could see it and I wasn't too lazy to get up. And now that I think about it, I bet Quil has done a tea party before. He's already been transformed into a pretty, pretty, boy for Claire's birthday, all she'd have to do is pout and he'd put on a pink tutu and dance with her in a recital... NEW MENTAL PICTURE!!
In fact, :twisted: he'd be giving his brothers etiquette lessons.
Do you think Nessie would be into the cute little tea party thing? If she would, she can get the ENTIRE pack, AND her grandfathers, AND her Daddy, AND her uncles to have crumpets with her. on an antique service set bought off the royal family by her Aunt Alice and restored by her grandmother. :mrgreen: :lol:

That
is why my signature includes my new saying, fear the infants, they pwn the pack
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Dunno
Settled in Forks

Post by Dunno »

Hey guys... I'm new-ish here. I just wanted to give my two cents on the whole werewolf/shapeshifter dilemma.
I actually think Edward may have put two and two together in Eclipse. In the battle with Victoria. Because he says this to her : "Look more closely, Victoria. Is he really so much like the monster James tracked across Siberia?"- page 548. This referring to when Seth (as a wolf) comes to help Edward fight her and Riley. So I'm guessing either James and Victoria encountered a real werewolf, or James told her about it. Either way Victoria was obviously remembering that, comparing the werewolf in Siberia to Seth. Edward, having read her mind could make out the differences. Plus I'm guessing Edward might have read about before, maybe in one of his educational exploits, because, again when the Volturi confuse them he seems to be well informed about real werewolves (full moon, no silver bullets, locations). And it just seems a little bit too much for Victoria to remember in so much detail, she confused them after all.

So my guess is Edward knew the theory about werewolves from books. He may not have realized the Quileutes were shapeshifters when they first made the treaty because the elders spoke in their human form. When he saw the physical distinction between Seth and the werewolf Victoria was remembering he made the connection that they were different things. Or maybe he made the connection when he saw they shifted without the full moon?
In any case it was the Quileutes that referred to themselves as "werewolves" and I don't think Edward had neither the inclination nor opportunity to correct them. Because, honestly they don't really cross paths again before allying to destroy the newborns. And he wasn't likely to go: "By the way guys, fyi, you're not what you think you are, never have been really, but oh well, it's just more comfortable to believe it. Have a good fight, I'll just be waiting in the tent here 'till you're finished."

That's just what I believe, anyway. Nice to meet you all.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

The 'non-vegetarian' vampires have red eyes because of the blood in their system, right? So why would the 'vegetarians' have golden eyes if animals have red blood too???

Is it just symbolic?

Hang on . . animals do have red blood, right :?: :!:
:? :oops: :roll: :lol:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

bite_me wrote:The 'non-vegetarian' vampires have red eyes because of the blood in their system, right? So why would the 'vegetarians' have golden eyes if animals have red blood too???

Is it just symbolic?
I don't necessarily think that the red color of their eyes has anything to do with the red color of human blood. Their red eyes just symbolize that they drink human blood. And 'vegetarian' vampire's gold eyes symbolize that they drink animal blood.

Love,
*Wanderer*
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Welcome Dunno! : D

I noticed that the second time through Eclipse as well, your post was very insightful. : ) thanks for sharing that!
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I wanted to comment on a couple of posts first, then I have a question. (It might have been asked/answered on other threads I don't know & am kind of lazy & don't want to go looking through them!)

First is the idea of Twilight becoming a televsion show? YIKES!! ICKY!! that is a terrible idea! the story is written and has been told. I don't see how that could work at all!

Second is the fact that some people were angry w/the fact that Bella "fell in love" with Jacob. I admit I was one of them! Jacob always bugged me & reminded me of an immature stupid teenager! So I really liked what Stephanie posted on her website w/regards to that on the Eclipse FAQ's page. And then what else made me feel better was on website in the BD faq page http://stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html on the 14th question she states that when writing NM & Eclipse everthing was pointed in the direction of E & B being together forever & having a baby! (Which is just so cool in my opinion!) Anyway.......

My Question: In BD when Alice calls B & E when they're on Isle Esme, what did she see that caused her to call? Anyone have any ideas or insights? Did I miss some clue while reading? This is one question that maybe only SM can answer, but it's alwasy bugged me!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

pennybug84 wrote:My Question: In BD when Alice calls B & E when they're on Isle Esme, what did she see that caused her to call? Anyone have any ideas or insights? Did I miss some clue while reading? This is one question that maybe only SM can answer, but it's alwasy bugged me!
I think that Alice saw Edward in that 'frozen state' after Bella told him that her period was 5 days late. I don't think it would be possible for Alice to see Renesmee exactly because it's impossible for her to see "hybrid-vampires" and Werewolves.

That's just what I think though.... Did that help?

Love,
*Wanderer*