Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Bewitched »

Yea! The kids go back to school on Monday. I hate to see what my electric bill is going to look like.

Sitt: That's interesting about the jello. My kids won't eat jello unless it ocmes from the premade cups. I've tried to feed them jello I've made and put in little cups and it's a no go. I feel like the gal in the commercial with the rollover minutes. It's the same thing!!!!

Bac: My favorite in the Rose Parade was the Jack in the Box dancing to disco music. Each time a kids would wnader into the room and wonder what we were laughing about, we would have to replay it. I also liked the one with the skateboarding dog. Tillman is such a sweetie.

It's raining and cold here today. Of course I'm working this morning and it is sloooow. I'm putting my name in for a loan posistion that has come open. We'll see what happens. It's a bit out of my comfort zone but Iknow i can do the job.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Sitt, so good to see you in the gutter. In general my kids don't eat Jell-O. JM will eat it sometimes, but EM doesn't like it at all. They both like pudding, but the gelatin, EM won't touch. When I do make it (which is rare), I usually do the jigglers which I grew up calling finger jello. I refuse to make jello salads. For some reason I can't get my mind around putting things in the jello, especially carrots and what not.

Una, love that your signature says V is working on it. Too fun.

Bewitched, I loved the skateboarding dog too. He was so cute going around that thing. It looked like he was having a lot of fun. Good luck on the job. I am proud of you for pushing out of your comfort zone. It takes me a lot of effort to push myself out of that zone.

I agree, YEAH! The kids are back in school Monday. I think they will be happy too, well maybe not.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I like jello as long as it's served in mini cups and made with vodka. Hahaha

It was another sleepless night. I finished Veil of Midnight (Niko) last night and immediately picked up DH #9 (Wren). I finished it about 30 minutes ago. (It was really good). I stayed up all night reading. I could probably sleep now, but if I did go to sleep, I'd sleep until tonight. I promised hubby we'd go to the movies today, so I guess sleep is out.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

bac wrote: And before you make any jokes about Trojans, I am talking about the ancient warriors, not the prophylactic.
*Giggles* Thanks for the clarification, bac. My thoughts, like N'mama, went to the warriors.
una wrote:The little ones have left so Auntie Una and Uncle Hubby are now basking in the silence that is echoing with the loss of a two year old and a four month old.
*Cackles* I think I read that a little to fast. I missed the 's' in basking. :lol:

Sitt, we really did miss you! I don't care about the jello. In fact, I can't eat it because of the gelatin ingredient. So no worries for me. ;) Are you and hubby going to have 2 cokes too? How about some breadsticks?

GNE- I'm hope you're doing ok. Take a little nap at least.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

SITT: It's good to see you again... I know we've "met" once or twice before!

I am not very good in the kitchen. I can follow a receipe, but I just don't enjoying cooking or "that" kind of baking. (The other kind I rather enjoy! :twisted: ) I utilize a place called Dream Dinners. I actually prepare all my own food based on their simple recipes at their store. They do all the prep work: chopping, opening, etc., I make the food and put it in freezer-ready containers (ziplocs mostly) and then they do all the cleaning. I then have a month's worth of meals in my freezer, all ready to go. I still have to cook it at home, and it's so good. We get a wide variety of food and it's healthy!

I'm actually not looking foward to Monday... My kids are in preschool, and their school was open this past week, so that's not an issue for me. I'm not looking forward to Hubby having to go back to work and back to traveling. Boo-hoo!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
stuckinthetundra
Wandering Through Town

Post by stuckinthetundra »

cullengirl wrote: Sitt, we really did miss you! I don't care about the jello. In fact, I can't eat it because of the gelatin ingredient. So no worries for me. ;) Are you and hubby going to have 2 cokes too? How about some breadsticks?
Acutally we had salad and garlic butter green beans with french bread and ice water since anything carbonated is bad for my kidneys and eventually gives me kidney stones. but it was good nonetheless and hubby even cleaned up the mess... it is so rare that he cleans up any mess in the kitchen ;) we watch vaniety fair with reese withersppon and he even seemed to enjoy it... said something about my needing the black slave girl costume... maybe after i buy the wonder woman costume and find a princess laya one... hehehehehe
Stuckinthetundra is : Indestructible VampToy

I can put my crown on if it makes it more offical :)
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

oh you guys are making me really hungry!

Not for Jell-o though. I actually have to agree with GNE that Jell-o should only come in the shot format. Jell-o is nasty... in my opinion... so really SITT you are missing nuthin'.

I really should go find something to eat though... all I have done is a little work and a whole lot of reading.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

stuckinthetundra wrote: we watch vaniety fair with reese withersppon and he even seemed to enjoy it... said something about my needing the black slave girl costume... maybe after i buy the wonder woman costume and find a princess laya one... hehehehehe
Now, that's the sitt that I remember and miss! :)

I watched a couple of movies this weekend: Penelope and Junebug. Both were very cute and quirky in their own way. I would recommend renting them if you haven't seen it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

sitt I'll lend you my Wonder Woman one (but if you are anything like me, you'll have to ... ahem, supplement it). As for the other, you know the URL :twisted:
Jell-O is a good sicky food. Hospitals must make it by the ton.
Sigh. I am *so* not looking forward to school/work starting on Monday. Maybe I should go hang out in the teen section and complain about all the projects and stuff I'll have to do when I go back to school.
Then again, maybe I won't.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Oh, I hear you Ladydi! I've had a long and enjoyable winter vacation and it's back to school / work on Monday. Outch - it is going to hurt. First... My sleep patterns are totally backwards -up till 5am then sleep till 2pm... I serious calculated it out and have figured out that if I was in Australia, I would be on my normal schedule.

Then there is going to be this whole Lex - withdrawl thing... missing the friemily... missing the days spent curled up with a good book. I have seriously not read this much in 4 months because of you all (and Stephanie of cource) since I was a shy 6th grader. In 4 months I have probably read an equivelant to the last 4 years combined. I don't watch TV anymore!!!

MEOW!!!

aww... I'm feeling all sentimental.

p.s. I make about 7 gallons of jell-o in the summer, fill a kiddie pool with the Jell-o and let my preshoolers go at it. They get 3 minutes to eat it or until the first foot goes in. It's hysterical. It's like pigs at a trough. Then they jump in when the timer goes off. Then we have a huge Jell-o fight, which I usualy have to instigate. I have got to find a picture...

my point was, yes... jello is sticky.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!