Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by Ambrosia »

Well I just had my third (and final) interview with the insurance company that I am *crosses fingers* hopeing will hire me. We really NEED for me to get this job. The other interviews went really well, but this third one was tough. The man interviewing me just started off by telling me everything that was wrong with me before even asking me a single question. It was strange. Oh well, I kept my cool and just tactfully tried to turn everything he said into a positive. I can't take one more day of staying home, so I'm praying I get the job in lieu of the mediocre final interview.

Vamplover, That's great. I probably would have just started laughing... :lol:

Oleander, Don't you love the boxed hair dye. I've had mine come out pinkish, orangeish, you name it! Could you try to get them to move up the hair appointment? If not, oh well, just wear it up or something? It's going to go just fine!

Nima, good luck with your son today. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

QOTD: Last night before bed my TV "magically" turned on and off... not once, but TWICE, by itself. It really freaked me out. (Probably just the power or something.. but it was creepy!)
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima, FS is certainly in my prayers. I can't believe what a brave young man you have to have survived those challenges and still sound like a happy youngster. This proves you are a good parent, don't doubt yourself! No, I haven't started DH yet, because I didn't want to start reading book #1 only to not have #2 to dive right into. If my SuperTwin tells me I will love it and devour it...then with my Type A (I feel your pain CG) personality - it would cause me undo pain and anguish to hurry up and wait. :D I'm finishing book 3 of Nightworld today so I can start DH tonight, hopefully *fingers crossed*.

VampLover that's too funny! There's an inside joke amongst some of my friends in particular regard to Peach Cobbler. It takes those peaches a step further. However, I think it is far to gutter to post, because it required definitions. PM me if you are interested...you'll never look at Peach cobbler the same again! :shock: I'm now over the horrible embarrassment factor due to that joke. Give it time, you'll be able to enjoy peaches soon with the :twisted: instead of :oops:!!! :lol:

Good luck Ambrosia, I'll say a prayer for you today! I'm sure you did great in your interview!

CG, keep it up! Sounds like you are really banging it out! You're sure to meet your deadline!

Oleander don't worry! (I have to laugh, your line about him walking in and then out reminds me of a part from You've Got Mail - I'm such a sap!) I'm sure everything will go nicely. Oh, and I'm sure you have more going on in your life than just our beloved vamps! Don't worry, remember this is a chance to get to know each other. When asked, what do you like to do - keep it simple, reading and playing on the internet and then throw the question back so he doesn't ask what you like to read.... If he does, tell him you enjoy paranormal literature. See...you aren't being nothing but honest without blushing and telling him your read about leather clad Vampire Warriors and dream about building homes in RPatz's hair because Edward the character he plays is godlike. :D But seriously, this is (I'm assuming) your first meeting. You'll be getting the basic info out of the way, what you do/job, what you like to do for fun, and other basic getting to know you stuff. Don't stress and "remember to be yourself on your best behavior" :lol: - it's what my sorority sister always told me before a date...I was NOT good at dating so I feel your pain. And of course all of us here on the lex will say a prayer/keep you in our thoughts. We'll all eagerly await your full report!

QOTD: I am not sure I understand the question. I'll have to read more responses and think about this. I'll answer later, I'm off to a meeting!
Last edited by una on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I've been out off the loop for more than 10 pages, I will not read them all to catch up.
I'm having one of them "frozen" days now, nothing makes me warm. Not even the PSD could heat me up.

QOTD: Describe something that happened for which you have no explanation.
Three alarm clocks were set, none rang...
Sometimes I just "know" things, completely random things...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Ok back from a bah humbug weekend. I needed the extra day to get back to myself.

Nima, prayer and hugs going out to you and your family. Thanks by the way for the Santa. I hope he doesnt get to worn out from stopping by all the gutter houses. I say the PSD for the day and boy am I confused. Chalk it up to only being on DH #2. Una, do you need book #2?

Oleander; Best wishes. It's like riding a bike, it all comes back in the moment. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Ambrosia: Good luck on the job. I need a new job but I don't know what I want to do. The job I'm currently at doesn't pay squat and I'm tired of working with the *insert whatever here*. I know that's not nice but jeez..this girl has been working here as long as I have (over a year) and she still has to ask how to do everything. And god forbid if it something she hates doing because she get herself so worked up, she just stands there and shakes till I take the job over. She knows she can't handle the job but she won't look for a new one. She's even told this to management and they just tell her she needs to gain more confidence. Uh? How long we going to give her before I quit. :roll: Sorry, I'm not usually this mean I'm just getting worn out.

QOTD: This morning whilst taking a shower, I saw the curtain move inward, like someone hit it. I thought it was my daughter letting me know she was in the bathroom. So I start talking with her. A few minutes later my hubby opens the door and asks who I'm talking to. I look out around the curtain and there no one there. I told him what happened and being the Ghost Hunters fans that we are, he tells me I've just had a paranormal experience. "Is there anyone here who would like to speak with us today?" he asks. I snorted and told him to go away. It was weird though.
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Bewitched wrote:Una, do you need book #2?
Thank you, but Nima is my hero and passed on GNE's books (of course, my SuperTwin is always a hero of mine, but more so since she is sharing her books). I have 1 through 6 right now. I'm starting DH tonight so I can hopefully get caught up on all the tasty PSDs from DH! I am very humbled because I know how touchy most of us are with books (especially our favorite series) so I'm most honored that I have been entrusted with the DH series!

Bewitched I am so sorry you had a crummy weekend!! I hope your week goes well and who knows, maybe Santa will have the Volturi eat that awful girl at work! :twisted: :lol: Hope your day goes well!

Okay, now I am actually leaving for my meeting (my meeting being going to the City Hall to wait in line - oh reading opportunity - to turn in a project for plan check).
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

SuperTwin: You are gonna make me cry infront of all these nice people here on the Lex. :? What Una hasn't said is that she also loaned me her entire Sookie series and the BDB IG. We live several states apart, so this wasn't a minor deal. I have never had a long-distance book relationship before. LOL

I'm currently left with nothing new to read. I have 2 books on my shelf waiting on me, but I'm not feeling it. One of them is Mortal Instruments 2. I know I need to read it, but I want more Vampirotica.

Oleander: I'm fascinated by your hair dilemma. I color my friends' hair and my own. If there's naything I can do to help, PM me. I've been coloring hair for 20 years. Geeez, I feel old now.

CG: I slept hard when I slept. We had a storm last night. At 5:30 this morning I jumped out of bed and landed in the floor when a lightning strike hit close to home. I thought I was being shot at. I laid in bed for an hour hearing music that wasn't there. I also smelled smoke. It was slightly disturbing. I checked out the house and looked all around the outside (via the windows of course) and saw nothing odd. I went back to bed and slept until 9:45. I had to leave at 10:30. Oooops.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

GNE: Yikes! That sounds really scary. Hope everything is ok. It's been snowing off and on in Chicago. I'm not looking forward to driving home.

Una- I'm trying to finish it by this weekend at the latest. LOL, I'm in my paranormal romance withdrawal right now. Like your Supertwin, I've got some books on my shelf to read, but I'm not feeling it. I'm looking forward to DH. :twisted:

Oleander- You'll be fine. Just be the funny, cute person that you are! Do you know anything about the mystery guy? Maybe you could look over some topics to talk about. I wouldn't spring your vamp obsession in your first meeting. LOL, he may get too intimated to live up to the standards of the Cullen boys and the Brothers.

Bewitched- I know exactly how your feel, believe me. My only saving grace is that I leave for student teaching by next Friday and won't have to deal it with again. I just hope and pray that I get a job when my semester is over. I'd hate to come back to my same position and deal with that all over again. :evil:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Apparently I can control weather. I actually was out with my wife and I screamed for it to rain and guess what next week we are getting a full WEEK of rain. It is going to be looking like Forks, WA around here perfect time to go see the movie again lol.

Speaking of the movie if you liked Blue Foundation's Eyes On Fire, you should check out Ghost and Enemy by the same band two very good songs.

PBD - Ashley Green also for anyone who has read Blue Bloods could she not play Sky?

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

GNE If you haven't already you should check out the Georgia Kincaid series, its by Richelle Mead who wrote the Vampire Academy series, except Georgia is a succubus and they are NOT YA, much along the lines of BDB. There are vampires, demons, angels and more. Its really guttery goodness! There are 3 so far and the 4th coming in June.
Last edited by VampLover on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
una

Post by una »

I'm serious, my dear gutterites, if you want more vampirerotica, try the Demonica series. Demons, vampires and werewolves all centered around the local paranormal hospital. I was never one for soap operas, but I guess it's the Demon version of General Hospital but not anywhere near as annoying. I really enjoyed it, so far only one book out, Pleasure Unbound. I know, I know, the title sounds cheesy, but I really did enjoy it. My library did carry it, yours might too. These demons are just as yummy as our beloved vamps. The writting I'd put between the WARDen and Adrian.

GNE, don't cry...because if you cry then I'll cry... :cry: oh, darn! Love ya, SuperTwin!

Thank you for the pick-me-up, GNE, I needed it! I'm still struggling reading The Lovely Bones. I go section by section...I can't even make it through a chapter before I cry or get too emotional too much to read. Her pain is SO tangible and the depression of her family (I'm on page 39 at the moment)....I'm getting teary-eyed right now thinking about it. But it is really good and I'm going to keep plugging away at it, even though hubby tells me to give up. I'm not a quitter! Plus, considering how fast I normally read, this is now a challenge for me to finish it since it is a well done story.

Misfit, great influencer of the weather, please send some rain up north to central California. I'd love me some rain!

VampLover, I saw that series on her website (when I went to check out Academy to see if I wanted to read it or not). Is it really good? The covers kind of scared me off (and I should know better due to P/C), but the writing and mythology is good?

ETA: I'm sorry VampLover - I mistakenly typed VampMan! With your names kind of close, I'm REALLY going to need to pay better and closer attention! My apologies - I meant no offense!!
Last edited by una on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.