Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

EddieC
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by EddieC »

Kim- XD he he, thats okay! Some of the oldies told me this is where people of my age are, though their company is just...weird and interesting at the same time <3

Kim, I think you should do what you want to do, you should go and try to find yourself, I don't think your parents can deny that. :P Besides, who doesn't like a random adventure once in a while

DHSHolly - Aye! Those two are doing well in that aspect, the thing is, if that relationship fails, I feel like it's my fault since I introduced them, I'm also best friends with both of them and I can't stand to think what happens if they get in an argument/fight.

:S That was me not thinking beforehand, but I'm happy now that those two are sooo happy!

Deja - XD How snarky can you get? I'm sure it can't be worse as a friend of mine, she ruled snarkyness

Sarina - Whoops, sorry, we didn't mean to, I personally was just bitching at life about how stupid it is...

:P I think the key to relationship is to NOT rush into it, try to find out more about each other.

Oh, and really enjoy the time before the relationship, those times are fun times ;P
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

Nope, not you or Samantha's fault at all. Lifetime: Television for Women is to blame for my pessimistic view of relationships. I should sue.

But I'm honestly just waiting for the right person to come along and I'm sure I'll take the chance and not worry about any of the bad stuff.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

EddieC

Post by EddieC »

Sarina wrote:I'll take the chance and not worry about any of the bad stuff.
Sarina - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuB8xWeA59I :)
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Sheesh, you guys are posting a lot! I'ma try to comment on every little thing I possibly can. Oh and you guys can call me whatever you want haha CantBreathe or CB works or Samantha or Sam or SuffocatingSamantha :lol: I'll respond to anything as long as I can figure out that you are in fact addressing me.
Tabs- I like to think of it as running away while running toward something at the same time lol I'm not sure what I'm running toward yet... just some future goal. Rose gave me a bunch of helpful information about neighborhoods to live in so I can fill you in on some stuff if you'd like. She said West Hollywood's a big party, I think that's where you said your brother and gf were living, right? I'm not very particular on where to live as long as the price is right, I don't have to drive an hour to work, and I don't have to worry about getting stabbed outside my front door.
Eddie- You crack me up! Good luck on finding a sane girl, let alone one that is also tall, hot, and single :lol: I won't claim to be sane in a general sense, but I think I'm pretty sane in relationships at least. But yeah my ex had been seeing (or to be blunt, getting with) other girls which I tried to ignore as we were just trying to stick it out until he could find someplace else to live at the end of the month. Then, he tells me he's "falling for" this girl. Ugh, I was so disgusted. It had been like what 2 weeks after 4 years. So then I was like GET OUT NOW! Oh well, we learn from these experiences, right? haha Just trying to turn it into something positive...
Kim- I'm just going to call you Kim since it's the easiest to type :D Glad you're joining us on the anti-men/relationships darkside. It is so hard to find the balance of togetherness and independence in a relationship! I find myself always feeling smothered and controlled... you have to find a person that you can be with and still be yourself and do your own thing and be happy. For me, the hardest part of moving is going to be leaving my parents, I'm an only child and very close to them. We're already living about an hour and a half away from each other now, but at least it's driving distance and not clear across the country. But if I stay out there, they will probably move out once my dad's retired. I also have a long list of fictional characters that I am in love with, I don't think they're a lot of the reason why I have relationship problems :lol: real men just can't compare to them! (No offense Eddie!)
Deja- I've been considering a similar type of resolution for myself, but I fear I will not be able to keep to it haha Good luck!
Sarina- LMAO This is why I try to avoid the Lifetime channel, but I get sucked in sometimes while channel surfing. Sorry if I further tainted your view on relationships and men :?
Eddie- That video had me laughing out loud!! Now every time I knock men in one of my posts, I will have to be sure to write you in as an exception.
Phew, I think I'm all caught up now!
P.S. Everyone have a safe, happy, and fun time tonight whatever you may be doing!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

EddieC wrote:
Deja - XD How snarky can you get? I'm sure it can't be worse as a friend of mine, she ruled snarkyness
Ohhhhhhhh pretty snarky. lol. Check out the new moon movie forum sometimes- I've been pretty nice so far but...I don't know how long I can last. ;)

It's wonderful to have a guy on here. I've had two guys read it and like it, one that didn't. My boyfriend only saw the movie and liked it well enough though I don't think he'd go read the books now.
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

I know a couple of guys who have read twilight and liked it. My boyfriend hasn't yet, but I'm a little afraid for him too, because I've sort of built it up for him and there's probably no way it will live up to his expectations, although I absolutely am obsessed with it. I get a little protective of my twilight. lol I don't care if people want to criticize it, just not in front of me. ;) j/k, sort of. By the way, you guys can call me Holly.

The long distance relationship thing, eddie, I think if the relationship doesn't work out it's not going to be your fault, but I can see how it would be awkward. Just hope they do work out. lol I know, helpful, right?
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I don't have much time but I did want to get my Happy New Year!!! in :)

2009 is going to be a very big year of growth for me, I can tell. 2008 was a pretty rocky road and I just feel so haunted by all the mistakes I've made. I need to shake it! Leave the past where it is. When I figure out what it is exactly that I'm going to do with my life, if it requires moving far away, I'm just gonna have to go for it. Regardless of my parents or anything else, but it will be hard. I wonder this time next year how much will change and what I will be reflecting on...I'm really going to try my danged hardest to make it my best year ever.

I got one of my ex-boyfriends to read Twilight. I dragged him with me to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn and then he got curious. He read all 4 in a matter of days. He never acted particularly enthused but did say he enjoyed them more than he thought he would. A while later he asked to borrow them all again. I was pretty surprised. He had liked them a lot more than he was willing to show!

The guys and gals of ABBA look so confused in that vid. Love it.

Stay safe and have fun tonight, guys!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
dragon-girl

Post by dragon-girl »

My boyfriend (who doesn't read books, really) read Twilight, because he was so fed up of me talking about Jasper the whole time. :lol: He liked it. About half way through him reading Eclipse, we had an IM conversation where he complained "I hate you. You made me care about these characters!"
He was really glad he'd given it a try, and he really liked the series.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Tabs: Wow you are REALLY making a BIG move! It sounds like a great adventure. And that would be fantastic to use your film background. Congrats. I feel the same way about my life passing me by and that I need to do something exciting… but I am just not sure what to do? Any suggestions anyone? LOL
But seriously that is really cool and you’ll be a doctor too! Do you know what you want to practice yet? I am studying forensic psychology.I hope to get my PhD too, but that is a ways away. Still about 4 more years of school left. I live in Chicago, IL so nope not on that side of the country. I am right smack in the middle of the country, the gold old’ Midwest. But Chicago is a great city and people often love it right behing NY.

Happy 2009 Everyone! I have come to this conclussion....New Year's eve sucks when you don't have a boyfriend! Last night was not so much fun for me :( oh, well. What is a single girl to do. So I hope this year will be better for me than the last. Last year was a rollacoaster for me too. I am hoping to make 2009 the year of being healthy in all aspects of my life. Starting out I have an MRI scheduled tomorrow at 6am on my shoulder. They think I tore my Labrum and need surgery to repair it. This means I will be off work for 6weeks minimum and won't be full recovered until 4 months later ARGH. Guess this is what a lifetime of playing sports: tennis, swimming, and softball will do to ya. Oh well. Hoping also to learn to be more assertive and graceful this year, so we shall see.

Does anyone else have any 2009 resolutions?
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Yay! Fellow twenty-somethings obsessed with Twilight! So nice to meet you all and know I'm not alone, haha!

I just wanted to say hello :)

I just read the series while doing my Christmas traveling with my husband. I had seen the movie, and tho I didn't really like it all that much, the idea and the story behind it all fascinated me so I decided to read it. Read each book in one day! I couldn't believe how it sucked me in! I am going to see the movie again this weekend to see if I like it better now that I've read the books.

None of my friends have read it tho, so its nice to have a place to talk to others about my new obsession. Looking forward to it!

And Happy 2009 to you all!

I don't have resolutions for 2009, not in the way that I used to think of them (like lose weight, eat better, that kind of thing). I am making a list of goals instead. So far I have (1) grow out my hair long enough to donate my hair for wigs for children with cancer (2) run run the Disneyland Half Marathon in September (I have NEVER really ran in my life, so this one is pretty ambitious!) I am working on a few others....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!