Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Cass – What a burocracy, but I guess it is needed, biggest drug lab and all that stuff... Fingers crossed! Hope you don’t have trouble with false positives, it would be a huge injustice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the greater things in life are unseen.
That's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry or dream.
Between fire and ice; love calls me to the sweet, tender, loyal and gentleman vampire.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Hello, All! It's been months (literally) since I checked in with the Lex! I've been in a self-imposed pool of fanfiction writing and reading. :)

How is everyone?

And how did the movie version of The Time Traveler's Wife end up? That book is one of my all-time favorites.

:)
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

OMG YOU GUYS! I have one busy day at work (which never happens) and I've got 3 pages of posts to catch up on... so forgive me if I missed anything.
Ninna- Sounds like you had a fun honeymoon even if you didn't have all the freedom you may have wanted! Good luck on your baby making ;)
MRK- You're very lucky to have found your Edward, I'm jealous! :oops:
Kim- Yay I was right! I love Lush products, but they are a bit pricy for me to buy them consistently. I'll have to check out their forums, I had no idea they had such a following. A swap sounds fun though! I'm so stealing your personals ad by the way, I love me some fictional men! And I agree with your mom, a lot of twenty-something guys seem VERY immature. I'm definitely looking for someone a bit more mature. I'm right with you on the no dating until I love myself also which has been a huge problem my whole life and will probably take a lot of time to resolve. I saw the movie The Namesake which I really liked, I'm guessing it is based off the book you mentioned? I'll have to add it to my never ending list.
Vampire_elf- :shock: I wish I had known this earlier, I would have come over there in a heartbeat! You lucky ducks! Also, Lush has a makeup store too?!?!
Eddie- Your choice of video has cracked me up again! Ultimate Frisbee sounds fun... but also dangerous I guess in your case? You better start taking piano lessons. Of course, if you have the other stuff going for you, the piano's not THAT important, but would still be an added bonus.
Sarina- Oooh I've been wanting to see that Seven Pounds although I heard it got some not so good reviews. I love Will Smith and I was very intrigued by the previews for it, even though I couldn't really tell what it was about. I'll have to watch it now, I like a good tearjerker now and then.
Cas- Good luck! I hope you pass with flying colors :D
Tabs- You go girl! Way to be adventurous and enjoy yourself... too bad a boy had to come along and ruin it :roll: But I hope you still had fun and continue to live it up! What's up with the old friend of yours? Is it a mutual thing or a weird thing?
Dazzled- I loved I Am Legend too, can't wait for the prequel. And OUCH, I hope surgery may be avoidable for you, but if not, I'm sure it's for the best, and I hope you feel better soon.
Welcome back la_tua_cantante! I don't think The Time Traveler's Wife has come out yet, has it??
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Welcome back, l_t_c! I wasn't even around when you disappeared! So it's more like welcome to me? :) The Time Traveler's Wife isn't out til sometime this year but it will be awesome when it does hit the theaters!

Cas, are you applying to the FBI?!? :shock: What an ordeal...

Paulinha, don't worry. No spoilers shall escape :)

DHSHolly, the story has really stayed with me. I've been in such a downer mood all day :( Can't say anymore since I certainly don't want to spoil anything but...it's like a deep sadness has settled in my chest which is very unusual for a book to do to me.

Tabs, when it rains it pours.The situation with the Navy guy is a bit sketchy and I would be wary. Especially if he's in a relationship with someone else his friendship with you will probably put tension on his relationship and he'll probably end up relenting to the pressure to stop talking to you. Be cautious. Good on ya though for having a good time with him NYE :) Being adventurous is good but it's important not to throw caution to the wind. There's a fine balance there.

Sam, yayy fellow Lush lover! They are pricey which is why I usually stock up on a years supply of stuff during their after Christmas sale. It might still be going on. Find out before it's too late! It's amazing how hard it is to love ourselves...but I'm getting there. You will too. My mom says it takes til you're in your 30s but I'm hoping I can maybe speed that up! Yes, The Namesake movie is based off of the book. It was a really great adaptation but the book is pure amazing. And, please, feel free to steal my personals ad!

If you want to be in the Valentine's Swap PM me and let me know that way so I don't accidentally miss any replies on the boards! So far we have DazzledbyCullens, Paulinha, Tabs, CantBreathe and me. I am super excited!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I wanted to share that I actually made to the gym today to start my training for the half marathon! :D May not seem like much, but just starting is a huge accomplishment for me, haha. I am always full of big ideas and things I want to do, I just lack the follow through and am a huge procrastinator! So I am very proud of myself. And, I have to say that I feel awesome!!! Just gotta keep it up now!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

Kim, yeah that book stayed with me for a really long time. It's still a book I think about every now and then. It's a really good book though. It has quite an efffect I think.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Thanks all for smiles, hugs and positive thoughts about the possible surgery thing. I will let ya know when I hear more on Friday. I was hoping I could get my mom to come with me, but she has to work and can’t get out of it. Ah love the PT. I have done a lot in my life, but you are right Paulinha I have to be committed to it to get better!

Wingtear- I will be praying that the meds work for you on the children front!

Cas- Cymbrelynn said it FBI screening for sure. That is some serious testing going on.

Rose- Congrats on making it to the gym to train today. Woot woot! It is a lot and a big accomplishment. I feel that half the battle is just getting to the gym.

Also, random I started the Black Dagger Brotherhood last night and I am already pulled into it. Steamy so far. Definitely a notch up from the PG13 of Steph’s stuff. Keeps a single girl warm on a cold night :lol: :oops: :lol:
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

nope not FBI just ADFS-Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences. It's just up the road from the college I go to.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
EddieC

Post by EddieC »

Cym - Huzzah! XD It's a great sport! I love it so

And Uggg, how much MONEY does school actually need eh? :( It's almost depressing!

Tabs - Heyaa! I just had my first classes today! I learnt Java last year, it's pretty useful, but it seems like t his semester is mostly good ol C and some python and lots of hardware
Tabs wrote:Also, I completely agree with you about Jacob. He really had no boundaries. And the whining, and the manipulating Bella into kissing him. Sorry to all the Jacob lovers but I REALLY wish Edward had broken his jaw. (ducks) ;)
HUZZAH! I stand by what you said! :D

And boys are frustrated, sometimes they think they want one thing, then they want another, it's just that they might be caught up in the moment.

Oh, the old boy? Methinks that he's tried to give you hints over the years, you didn't see em, he grew closer and closer to you, not being able to let go, now finally he finds you irresistible :P

Paulhina - I always forget the H, my bad :(

:P Guitar eh? I can't play it, I just... can't, it seems too hard for moi! :D

Though I should buy one and start teaching myself, it's good to know something about guitars!

DbC - Awww! Thankies! I'm feeling better to jog now, so I'm gonna play some intramural games, i'm going to stay away from my school team for another semester or half though, so thats my "limit" for myself

(Uggg! I haven't played hard in over 3 months, it's eating me out!!!)

And ugg! Surgery! Hope you get better soon! I'll race you XD

<3 If you do end up getting surgery, tell me where so I can send you a get-better-soon card ^^

Sam - Does amazingly sweet count for something? >.< I like to overdo my presents, thoughtful > any type of money

I've been known to spend weeks working at my presents

Does anybody mind if I rant? I just went and WATCHED Twilight, and I just wanted to say that Bella's too pretty, the movie was a bit too long (even for a fan like me), and Alice didn't get a big enough role (NOOOO!).

Lately, I've been feeling lonely, my two friends (One from School and One from hometown) met up when I brought the one from school (she) to meet him.

They're now going out, and just last week, when she came to visit, I felt like I couldn't bond with them, I feel left out and alone, which I've been having since my breakup 6 months ago. I was just so involved in my relationship before, that I haven't adjusted to being alone and without friends.

Instead, for the last 6 months, I've been working two jobs, going to school, volunteering, captaining an Ultimate team and playing in the varsity one, I run the games club for Magic at the town and I try to find my old friends, and trying to make new ones

It hasn't been enough.

Before she moved out, I could hear her and her new boyfriend's voices through my wall, and I felt shivers down my body, like I couldn't get warm anymore, I felt so alone.

Which brings me back to now, present time, my two best friends at falling for each other, and as much as they assure me that they're not leaving me alone, I always feel that.

I mean, the only way she can visit him is if she comes back home with me, and sleeps over at my place (cause he has an extremely strict family in respect to the other sex).

I almost feel like I can't go home, cause if I do, those two will want to see each other (who blames them! It's so hard going LD), and I'll be left out, making me lonely again, which in that case, I rather be at school, but she relies on me to go home so she can see him.

I'm probably just a maniac depressive, but I wish I can feel happy for them, I'm just such a selfish jerk who doesn't care about his friends, something I always valued over anything else...

*GAH* rant done... gomen!

P.S. Oh, I start work tomorrow, and let me tell you, work is boring, so anybody adding me on MSN would be great! keeps me from being VERY bored

[email protected]
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Here (Belgium) university and college aren't free either. I think I payed around 1000 euro a year, without books and extra things. But I think this far more cheaper then other countries.
And you can get funds for cheaper education.

I agree with 20 something boys can be so childish. That's why I dated a 33 year old recently and I still fell more mature. Seriously. Maybe I'm just an old woman in a 24 year olds body (who does love Twilight, Harry Potter and Disney Movies ;)) (I'm sure there are very mature 20 something guys around, just didn't seem to have met them).

Is it cold everywhere else? Here we're having the coldest day in 12 year, which means it's -14°C right now. And the thing is it snowed yesterday so all the snow that haven't been driven flat has turned into ice which makes it extremly dangerous on the road/ parking lots.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!