Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

JenTheWriter wrote:
So Edward pwned Bella's heart from the moment he gave her the murderous glare and thought about having her for lunch. No amount of human males, half-breed males, etc could have changed that.

Edward wins. Hands down.
WOOHOO! so well said! Heck yes he does.
:) that made my day.
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

pennybug84 wrote:Here's the facebook Team Edward bumper sticker I was telling you about. When I saw this I cracked up! (I hope the link works.)
That. is. awesome.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

LMAO@the button. Too frickin true.

And *bows*. Well, thank you guys. I mean it's true. The Twilight saga is about Edward and Bella. Period. Within every great love story there are always road blocks and hurdles. Jacob was just a minor pot hole. Jacob, even though he was a werewolf, represented humanity. It wasn't him as a person that Bella longed to be with. Heck, she didn't even give him a backwards glance once she was a vampire. She couldn't even understand all this attachment she felt for him. He was just a boy. Her best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

It wasn't until some brilliant poster (I can't remember who) pointed out that SM had meant that manipulation kiss not to be "oooh Bella wuvs Jacob" ... she was clinging to the humanity she was afraid to let go of because she didn't know what being a vampire was going to be like. Obviously, if she had had Alice's ability to see the future she'd have seen it was a cake walk. *shrugs* I don't buy Bella was ever at one point or another in love with Jacob. I think he pressed upon her how normal life would be with him and she was like, "Wow, with him I could have the whole kids thing, the growing old with someone I love thing". But obviously, that wasn't important enough to her to be without Edward.

However, still to this day I believe Bella doesn't deserve Edward, but that's just me. *hides from possible tossing of rotten veggies* I mean I'm glad everything worked out and they are together, and believe things worked out as they should've been. But with as kind and gracious and selfless as Edward is ... just some of the things that Bella did from New Moon to Eclipse made me want to bang her head into a wall...
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

KikiMasenCullen wrote: What if Jacob Black had never existed? What if he wasn't a threat? Would Edward be fighting someone like Mike Newton for Bella's love, and would it be easy for him to have won Bella's heart?
I know you guys have said a lot about this, and I agree. Just wanted to throw in my reply because I simply can't help myself when it comes to praising Edward a bit :)
I never saw Jacob as a true threat to Edward. Yes, Bella loved him, but not as much as she loved Edward. For instance in NM, when Jacob is going through the werewolf-thing for the first time, and he stops calling Bella. She clearly states that the hole he left in her, did not hurt as much as the one Edward left. Edward never ceased to have the largest space in her heart, even in all the months he was away. They were meant to be. When she saw him in Italy, nothing else mattered. So I always felt that they would be together forever.
And I agree with what alot of you have said. Edward would have fought for Bella against anyone. From the moment he realized that he wanted nothing more than to be with her. And he would have won against any competition that would come along. He was just right for her.
JenTheWriter wrote: However, still to this day I believe Bella doesn't deserve Edward, but that's just me. *hides from possible tossing of rotten veggies* I mean I'm glad everything worked out and they are together, and believe things worked out as they should've been. But with as kind and gracious and selfless as Edward is ... just some of the things that Bella did from New Moon to Eclipse made me want to bang her head into a wall...
I agree with you. Bella has a lot of good qualities, but some of things she does is just so stupid and selfish. I believe that Edward really is too good for her. I wanted them to end up together, and Edward clearly loves her more than I though someone could love anyone. But looking at it objectively, she should have had to work a lot harder to deserve someone like Edward.
And I love this thread by the way. Where one can just go overboard in talking about this amazing creature. And that bumper sticker: So funny :D
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Dovrebanen wrote:I agree with you. Bella has a lot of good qualities, but some of things she does is just so stupid and selfish. I believe that Edward really is too good for her. I wanted them to end up together, and Edward clearly loves her more than I though someone could love anyone. But looking at it objectively, she should have had to work a lot harder to deserve someone like Edward.

And I love this thread by the way. Where one can just go overboard in talking about this amazing creature. And that bumper sticker: So funny :D
OME! I'm so glad someone else agrees with me! I mean the idiotic behavior and the things that came out of her mouth... I think the truly hurtful thing (to me as an Edward fan) is how she threw his leaving back in his face to manipulate him into staying with her during the fight. And all the times she whined about growing older -- I seriously wanted to slap her face. I'm like, "Girl, I'm 31 and your crying about turning 18! Shut. Up." And it aggrivated the Edward fan in me every time she let Jacob get away with saying nasty things about Edward or the Cullens and then be all cranky with Edward when he didn't glow with happiness about Jacob. Ugh.

I have to admit all the times she kept saying he was so much better than her and she didn't deserve him, I was like, "You darn right you don't." Yeah, I actually talked to the book. I'm lame. lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote: OME! I'm so glad someone else agrees with me! I mean the idiotic behavior and the things that came out of her mouth... I think the truly hurtful thing (to me as an Edward fan) is how she threw his leaving back in his face to manipulate him into staying with her during the fight. And all the times she whined about growing older -- I seriously wanted to slap her face. I'm like, "Girl, I'm 31 and your crying about turning 18! Shut. Up." And it aggrivated the Edward fan in me every time she let Jacob get away with saying nasty things about Edward or the Cullens and then be all cranky with Edward when he didn't glow with happiness about Jacob. Ugh.

I have to admit all the times she kept saying he was so much better than her and she didn't deserve him, I was like, "You darn right you don't." Yeah, I actually talked to the book. I'm lame. lol
I lhad to laugh when I read your post. It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm 29...And Bella almost had me thinking that I should have serious issues with my age. Almost like I'm an old lady...What is 18, 19, 20...and so on...

I hated it when Jacob kept calling the Cullens leeches or bloodsuckers and whatnot. Bella should have really told him off. Of course..Edward did call Jake certain non-positive things as well, but only in response to some insult made by Jacob. And hearing the word "pup" come out of Edward's mouth is really just funny. Of course I'm a bit biased in my opnion here.

And..I have talked to my books too..Even wanted to yell at it..Crazy, but that's what Twillight does to you I guess.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
edwardsblossom
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

I don't mean to interrupt the flow, but it just has to be said.

This thread is absolute WIN!!!!
:lol: :lol: :ugeek:
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Ihavemylion
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

LOL :lol: I would be yelling at Bella through the book to just shut up and realize he has been waiting for her for nearly 80 years! If he couldnt fall in love or be attracted to anyone till her, obviously his heart was already hers before she was even born.

Then I would be crying and telling Edward "NO dont leave her!" I knew they would be back together. But still I didnt want him to leave. :oops:
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

JenTheWriter wrote: However, still to this day I believe Bella doesn't deserve Edward, but that's just me. *hides from possible tossing of rotten veggies* I mean I'm glad everything worked out and they are together, and believe things worked out as they should've been. But with as kind and gracious and selfless as Edward is ... just some of the things that Bella did from New Moon to Eclipse made me want to bang her head into a wall...
it wasn't until you pointed this out that I can kind of see what you mean & times I agree w/you & wanted to punch her myself. but for me when I thought about it Bella is a normal, immature at times, selfish human girl who makes mistakes. Edward has had a 100+ years of living and experience to become the awesome gentlemen he is. plus I don't think he ever expected to fall in love, let alone with a human. that's just my two cents but I totally see what you guys mean.

Did it bug anyone else when it came to Renesmee that if Bella didn't have her that it seemed like it was usually Jacob with her and we never really got to see Edward as a father? I think Edward would be an awesome caring, loving, awesome dad but we didn't really get a chance to see that.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Ihavemylion
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

That bugged me alot. I wish we got to read how close Edward and Nessie were. There should have been more time looking at the two of them. I only remember Edward holding Nessie as Bella had to go somewhere. Then he kissed Nessie and Bella before the Volturi came. The rest of the time either Bella, Jacob or Rosalie had her. It would have been nice to see the father side of Edward. To see the way he can love someone else unconditionally rather than just Bella. Because, no one thought a Vampire could have children. So what would it be like when he did?
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥