Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Was there ever a time where you reconsidered your faith in Team Edward? Cause I can't help but sympatize on Jacob's part as well. Do you think Stephenie Meyer would have had the same success with a Bella/Jacob based romance?
I'll answer your question too! I'm the same as Elise, I never doubted Edward or lost my love for him. I never really started liking, er, accepting, Jacob though. I thought he was starting to get OK but the imprinting just pushed him back to square 1 for me! But that's not what the questions about....I don't think the books would have been as popular if it was a jacob/Bella thing. The Forbidden Love for one, and there are so few TRUE team Jacob fans out there, they wouldn't have been able to make the series so popular. And it's not NATURAL for Jacob and Bella to be together with Edward there, so people would have been put of by that. I think the way Stephenie wrote it is the only way it can be and the only way it got so succesful.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

What would you do to get kissed by Edward Cullen?

I would:
1. Clean out my study table.......See the condition of my table and then
say it's not a big deal.
2. Major with Maths (I hate maths from the very bottom of my soul)
3. Answer every question my brother can possibly ask me (I hate his
incessant questioning.)

Hahahaha.I dont think there is anything I wouldn't do for this prize.
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Thanks for answering my question, Mrs. Teddybear. :)

Haha, I believe I asked this in some other thread but I suppose it doesn't hurt to repost the question here, no?

Do you think Edward's feelings would be the same if it had not been for his inability to read her mind? In other words, would he still have fallen in love with her if he could read Bella's mind?
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I never lost my Team Edward-ness!!!! I could understand where he was coming from, even if I didn't agree with him and I could just feel his pain and that drew me to him more.
I hate Jacob(ew)!!!!! His book just made me hate him more.
So I don't think that a Jacob(ew)/Bella romance would have worked, probably because of my prejudice.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Eternally Dazzled

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

:D Welcome back Elise!
What would you do to kiss Edward?
Hmmm... I would
1. Go through the fires of hell (hehe... remind anyone of anything?)
2. Burn my Twilight books ( :shock: :o :shock: :o only if I could get new ones! I'm freaking out just thinking about it-- but for Edward it's worth it. *sigh*)
3. go out barefoot in a snowstorm in nothing but a tank top and shorts
4. Give up ice cream for my whole life (shocking, i know, but Edward will make up for it!
That's just a sampling. :) We all know any of us would do ANYTHING for a kiss from Edward!

Was there ever a time where you reconsidered your faith in Team Edward? Cause I can't help but sympatize on Jacob's part as well. Do you think Stephenie Meyer would have had the same success with a Bella/Jacob based romance?
To be honest, I'm a little back-and-forth on this topic. I've always been Team Edward in terms of a relationship with Bella, but... well.... To put it simply, I have a "Jacob" and "My Jacob." When he's being sweet, and not annoying, I don't mind him. And sometimes I feel bad for him. But when he's annoying, I pretty much feel like any other Team Edward gal out there. Plus, I DEFINITELY think he would be bad with Bella.

Do you think Edward's feelings would be the same if it had not been for his inability to read her mind? In other words, would he still have fallen in love with her if he could read Bella's mind?
Emmaline, I HAVE to applaud you for an AMAZING question. Seriously, this one really made me think.

His initial draw to Bella was his inability to read her mind. If he could, then he wouldn't really think twice about her, he would just be really agitated about her blood.

But on the other hand, once he was drawn to her, his interest was with her mind itself-- the strange way that it worked. So it depends if he could control himself from feeding on her before he was interested in her. If he could, since he sat next to her in Bio, he would have talked to her, eventually. Which would have lead to the same interest, and therefore they would have fallen in love.

If he couldn't control himself, well... we all know how that would have ended. :( But I think he would try hard to control himself and if he had to, he would have stayed in Alaska for even longer.

ATTENTION: DARK HIGH NOON SPOILERS AHEAD. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LATEST "INSTALLMENT" IN THE TWILIGHT SAGA, DON'T READ ON.

Highlight to read: Oh, by the way, this just came to me--
If you remember in Dark High Noon, when Edward was in Alaska, he couldn't stop thinking about her, but he didn't really know why yet. I think another thing that drew him to her was some kind of connection between them that he didn't realize yet, so that may have helped him to fall in love with her. So maybe, and I know this is a stretch, that this strange connection helped him restrain from killing her.
In conclusion: Yes, he would have ended up with her anyway. :)
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
edwardlikeshaystacks

Eternally Dazzled: (I'm sorry, I don't know your name.) Thank you! Its always made me wonder.

I think since Bella's thoughts were basically the same as any other girl on Edward, he would have probably just put her out of his head as quickly as it came in. So he probably would feel bad about killing her but not as bad since he wasn't interested in her.

Sorry for my slowness, but what exactly is Dark High Noon?
Eternally Dazzled

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Eternally Dazzled: (I'm sorry, I don't know your name.) Thank you! Its always made me wonder.

I think since Bella's thoughts were basically the same as any other girl on Edward, he would have probably just put her out of his head as quickly as it came in. So he probably would feel bad about killing her but not as bad since he wasn't interested in her.

Sorry for my slowness, but what exactly is Dark High Noon?
It's OK, my name's Gabi. :D No problem, and it would be interesting to read a story about that... not that SM would ever write it.
Good thought, I'm going to add it to my answer, if that's OK:
So I said that he would have still been intrigued by her mind. Adding what Emmaline said about leaving her head from all the Edward-ish thoughts: when he was near her and she noticed, her thoughts would be about him. But after he left he would have encountered her MANY more times, when she didn't notice him, and he would have been intrigued, which is where my old answer comes in....

And Dark High Noon is: (highlight to read again):
A name that we people on the Lex have for Midnight Sun. Stephenie said herself that she wanted to wait until people stopped talking about it until she finished writing it, and that she didn't even want to hear the words Midnight Sun. So, we call it Dark High Noon so that we can discuss it and she can write it! :D
Last edited by Eternally Dazzled on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
edwardlikeshaystacks

Gabi: Ah that's right! I know I've learned your name before, just didn't match it to the username. Hehe. Ohh! That makes sense. I was about to say "Stephenie Meyer wrote another Twilight based book that I didn't know about!?" Ahh, Dark High Noon. Thanks for letting me know, Gabi. ;)

Its true that Edward wouldve run into Bella regardless. (If she had gotten to know Jacob, she wouldve found out about werewolves and eventually vampires and that Edward was a vampire.)
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

i haven't been on in forever again! :(

What would i do to kiss Edward?
I think i would do just a bout anything... but i'm not sure what?...
lol maybe i'll be like in the Sandlot... pretend to have drowned and wait for Edward to revive me ;) :lol:

I never ever reconsidered my faith in Team Edward! however, like many of you, i felt a little sympathy for Jacob... but just in his book and then when it was back in Bella's POV i thought he was an idiot again... I'm honestly not sure if SM would have had the same success but i'm glad she never tried!

I think he would have. I believe that everything happens for a reason and even if a few factors were discarded the same thing would have happened... however, there may have been a slight difference in their... i guess reactions with each other... ? yeah that sounds right! :)
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I definitely think that Edward would have fallen in love with Bella anyway. He would have seen into her mind and been fascinated with what was there, and especially seeing that she did care for him in return, would have sped up the process of their relationship also.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com