Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote: Which scene/speech in any of the books would you change and what would you have happen/said?
I'm sorry, I can't answer this one without mentioning Jacob because there is only one thing in the saga I would want to change: Two kisses in Eclipse...
Moving on to the happy things:
Other than that, the books for me are perfect just the way they are. It's just small stuff. Like I would have wanted more from their wedding day and the honeymoon. Just the whole experience of it all.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

JenTheWriter wrote: Which scene/speech in any of the books would you change and what would you have happen/said?
Again I must say a Jacob part. The kiss in the woods between him and Bella. I absolutely LOATH ( :evil: ) that Jacob kissed her! Even when she tried to pull away he apparently thought she was 'being rough'. Ugh! As if! Even if he didn't know that she was engaged yet he still had no good/right reason to kiss her. She was Edward's (always was and always will be) and she had told Jacob time and time again that she wasn't interested in him. She wanted Edward...and ONLY Edward. She only wanted him as a friend and yet there he was trying to convince her otherwise. (*calls out to Lala Land* Emmett! Please go punch Jacob for me...I am getting angrier with him by the second! Thank you! *Emmett runs off to hit the mut for me*)

As for what I would have had happen/said...well it would go something like this:
(*clears throat to begin*)
Bella walks up to Jacob and tells him she is engaged to Edward.
Jacob kneels on the ground and begs for her to forget Edward and go with him instead.
Bella smiles, says 'No way in H#ll!' and calls for Edward.
Edward comes over, knows what Jacob was going to do and hits him.
Jacob's jaw breaks and he runs away whimpering.

:D I love my idea of how it should have gone...yes a bit OOC but oh well. I don't have my book handy so I can't recall how the scene went exactly...I don't have a vampire's memory after all...so I went off what I remembered of the scene from the last time I read it.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I'd very much like to eliminate the kiss scenes with Jacob, especially the make out session ONE DAY AFTER BELLA GETS ENGAGED TO EDWARD! I vented my anger towards Bella and Jacob about that a long time ago and it caused a lot of drama. That's probably because of the thread I did it on. Oops. I'm safe here though, right? Please tell me it's perfectly acceptable (better yet, expected) to be disgusted with it. Our beloved Edward was cheated on!! :x :cry:
I'm going to leave it at that for the sake of my sanity and time.

Another thing that I would definitely want to change, or ADD for that matter: The steamy sex scene that never was.
So very disappointing. I seriously thought I skipped a page when it went from naked Edward in the ocean to bruised Bella in the morning. I ate up everything we got during their honeymoon (headboard, feathers, etc.) and after Bella's transformation, but I want more. There were a few details in the other books, so why not when they finally get to experience the physical aspect of their love? Of course it would still need to be tasteful. For example, I would have preferred the leg hitch as foreplay in BD instead of teasing in EC...

*huff*
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

twilight1909 wrote:I'd very much like to eliminate the kiss scenes with Jacob, especially the make out session ONE DAY AFTER BELLA GETS ENGAGED TO EDWARD! I vented my anger towards Bella and Jacob about that a long time ago and it caused a lot of drama. That's probably because of the thread I did it on. Oops. I'm safe here though, right? Please tell me it's perfectly acceptable (better yet, expected) to be disgusted with it. Our beloved Edward was cheated on!! :x :cry:
I'm going to leave it at that for the sake of my sanity and time.

Another thing that I would definitely want to change, or ADD for that matter: The steamy sex scene that never was.
So very disappointing. I seriously thought I skipped a page when it went from naked Edward in the ocean to bruised Bella in the morning. I ate up everything we got during their honeymoon (headboard, feathers, etc.) and after Bella's transformation, but I want more. There were a few details in the other books, so why not when they finally get to experience the physical aspect of their love? Of course it would still need to be tasteful. For example, I would have preferred the leg hitch as foreplay in BD instead of teasing in EC...

*huff*
I am sure you are safe saying that here. After all this is the TEAM EDWARD thread. If you don't mind my asking, what thread did you post that on (the team mut-I mean Jacob-thread :lol: )!?

Yes, I must agree that scene needed to be in there! In fact, all of them should have been in there. But I think Stephenie didn't write that part because Mormons are highly religious people and it is against their beliefs to write something like that (i'm not trying to be mean or anything...that is just my opinion of why it wasn't in the book.) But this is why we have our lovely fanfiction to resort to...I have come across many scenarios of how that night played out...so I use them to replace what Stephenie didn't include.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Yes it was on the Jacob Black thread. At least I didn't sabotage the Team Mut forum or anything. :lol:

SM's personal preference and young readers kept her from writing a sex scene. I've heard the religion thing too, but that kind of throws me off. I'm pretty sure all religions allow sex after marriage. Do Mormons just not like to write about it? I don't know. At least SM kept it virtuous by having B&E wait for their honeymoon.
Anyway, my argument is that she still could have described the intimacy before the actual act. Like Edward kissing her all over and brushing his nose against her jaw and sliding his hands down her legs...then she could have cut to the morning after. Yeah I've read a few fanfics that fill in the gaps but most of them were actually too graphic and not very Edwardly. Ha, go figure. It has to be written by someone who really knows the characters and SM's writing style to satisfy me.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

twilight1909 wrote:Yes it was on the Jacob Black thread. At least I didn't sabotage the Team Mut forum or anything. :lol:
*GASP* you actually said that on there! No wonder you were yelled at! I feel soooooooo sorry for you! i can't even think of what that must have been like! *shudder* i would never want to go anywhere near the Jacob thread...much less one for any of the muts! Except Seth...he is a shape shifter, not a mut! :D
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

My bad, I'm mistaken. It was actually on the Bella Swan Cullen thread. I expected some degree of wrath but I didn't think there would be so much of it on that thread. I would have said it on either one though. You would understand even more if you read the discussion leading up to it, but here's what I wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:I get all that it's just THE KISS...the kiisss... WWHHYYY?!? I am NOT thankful for THAT. Jacob's lips were all over Bella's mouth--no, his TONGUE was down her throat while poor Edward sat back in the trees knowing his fiancee of ONE damn day was reciprocating this physical and emotional betrayal of their love. aarghh! Edward was never able to kiss her like that or comfort her in the tent when she was freezing, and big sweaty Jacob just rubs salt in his wounds. ugh! *gasps in exasperation*

Whew I needed to get that out. Please don't take offense, Team Jacobs. I'm done this time. Really.
Hahaha, I still laugh when I read it. I was purposefully being dramatic. It helped the venting process. Obviously some people didn't pay attention to my last line.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

:cry: Kissing an engaged woman is just.. crossing the line.

I wish Stephenie would write that part in Eddies POV and put it on her website.
I'll beg.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Wow for people on the team Bella thread...they can sure be the total oppostie of Bella-oblivious (about the the sentence) I still feel sorry for you. I have yet to feel the raith of anyone from a comment I have made anywhere on the forums. (thankfully :D )

Jadey - although there is a bit of a disagreement on the Rob as Eddie thread right now I must agree with you here. that is crossing the line. And reading EPOV for that part? That would be something I most definitely want to read! Most likely sadness, anger, and a self-loathing possibility for that scene.

Which brings be to a question I have been thinking about since my original post on this subject of the kiss...What do you think Edward was thinking when this happened? What do you think his emotions were? (If you want to please run with it. i love the long answers.)
Last edited by ♥midnight_sun♥ on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Girl please, don't feel sorry for me! I knew it was coming so it didn't bother me. I guess you could say I asked for it. The catharsis was worth every word. :D