Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Adam »

I feel pretty certain that SM will finish Midnight Sun, it is probably only a question of when.
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

^^^ I was thinking the same thing-- It is ridiculous how quickly one or two stupid people can ruin it for the rest of us, but surely SM is aware of the fact that, whereas there were a few dumb readers who really hurt and disrespected her, there are THOUSANDS more who eagerly await MS and would never do anything to jeopardize hers or the series' reputations. I believe that she knows that it wouldn't be fair to punish the adoring thousands for the mistakes of the idiotic handful.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I think SM will eventually finish Midnight Sun, but it will just be a while. I mean she was under a lot of pressure to get Breaking Dawn finished. While I dont really get tired of the Twilight universe, I can see how constantly writing in that world could be a little stressful. Especially if she is trying so hard to please all of her fans. I am happily awaiting the finished Midnight Sun, but there are a lot of other good books out there too. I do believe SM will finish it because she wants it on her shelf as much as all of her fans do.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

It had to be hard too after laboring to finish BD with all the negative feedback.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Maybe all of these collective events just culminated to be the last straw. How much can one person really take? It must be so overwhelming with BD, the movie, and the touring, why would you want to work on something if you can't dedicate your whole heart to it? She's got a lot on her plate, I'm hoping she decides to revisit the novel when everything settles back down and she can focus on the project whole-heartedly.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
withAlice
Settled in Forks

Post by withAlice »

Psychicpoptarts wrote:
withAlice wrote:25... and male. Started Twilight a few weeks because of a recommendation from a friend, just finished New Moon last weekend and will get started on Eclipse as soon as a I run out and buy it, haha. Amazingly, I've only caught a little bit of grief from friends, part of me believes a few of them have read the series too, they just won't admit to it.

The books are awesome and I look forward to finishing up the series! I also look forward to hanging around here... I'm sure everyone here is just as awesome as I am, haha. :)
Oh, John. A friend? Thanks for throwing me under the bus. -throws away BFF bracelet she made for John-. Just kidding! Anyway.. Anyone here from the KC area? Me and John are *hopefully* having a Twilight movie party the weekend it comes out, and we'd love to meet up with some people from here! :D
Haha, I sorry. How come you have a BFF bracelet, but I don't? I guess mine didn't come in the mail, sad! Surely there's some people from KC on here!
withAlice
Settled in Forks

Post by withAlice »

And to Adam. About the Edward and Jacob thing... I'll definitely have to say I relate better to Edward. It seems like a lot of his choices are ones that I would make too.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

mandustries wrote: I'm hoping the Alamo has one. They always have awesome midnight showings ... or at least they did for The Dark Knight. Plus, the Alamos are like the coolest theaters ever.
My friends and I are going to the Drafthouse, too, presuming they have a midnight showing. It will be the 4 of us, and I'll be in contacts as close to golden colored as I can get and one of my best friends will have black ones. We're so excited, it's almost unreal. I can't wait to see the menu they assign for Twilight... Their theme menus are the best.

:)

Ha, imagine if we all went to the same theatre!
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Im 20 in January....im actually extremly scared of turning twenty, i dont act old enough to be turning that age.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Bizarre Star wrote:*laughs* I was just there for the showing of Labyrinth. I love Alamo events. I even got to order Butterbeer when they showed Harry Potter! I'm defiantly hoping they have a midnight showing. Maybe they'll have som vampire drinks:

"Would anyone like a Sparkling Cullen?"

Now how awesome of a drink would that be?
So jealous! I would love to have had a Butterbeer. Was it good? And I would order a Sparkling Cullen in a second. Something with champagne, perhaps? Bella's drink would have something to do with strawberries, of course.
la_tua_cantante wrote:My friends and I are going to the Drafthouse, too, presuming they have a midnight showing. It will be the 4 of us, and I'll be in contacts as close to golden colored as I can get and one of my best friends will have black ones. We're so excited, it's almost unreal. I can't wait to see the menu they assign for Twilight... Their theme menus are the best.

:)

Ha, imagine if we all went to the same theatre!
We should all go to the same theatre! It'll be a Lex party at the Alamo. Maybe I should suggest it to the Mods to set up a premiere party thread for the movie (like there was with the BD release parties), if there isn't already one.
AmyPyjamas wrote:Im 20 in January....im actually extremly scared of turning twenty, i dont act old enough to be turning that age.
Don't worry Amy. I'm 24 and I still act (frequently, not always) like I'm in my teens. Age really is nothing by a number. ;)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.