Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Court »

Elizabeth wrote:I hate mtv! What happened to MTV? I can't stand it now.
they need to take the m out seeing as there's almsot no music on there anymore. now it's "bad reality shows for teenagers with no life television"
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Seriously.. there is NO music anymore. They completely lost sight of what they are supposed to be. It's all The Hills and drama now. I mean, I love the real world and the challenges.. those are iconic. But, what happened to everything else?
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

awesomejen: I'm sorry you're having a change of heart. You're not alone, I think as a lot of us get closer to settling in career choices we've realized school is just a tool, it's not a solution. For me, it was a step in an area of interest. Unfortunately there aren't any instruction manuals to tell us that if you want to do this, then study this. I wish I had been given a better sense of direction, ya know?
Thanks! I wish someone had sat me down and pointed out that going to school for 4 years in political science was really useless. Don't get me wrong, I love politics, and I love my major...but there really aren't political scientists. And I have now realized that a buisness degree is much more powerful in the world...I could still go into politics with a buisness degree (I would be more competitve too), I could still go to law school. but it would also be useful in the world beyond law school and politics.

I guess life could be filled with shoulda, coulda, wouldas eh?
they need to take the m out seeing as there's almsot no music on there anymore. now it's "bad reality shows for teenagers with no life television"
I was watching TRL the other day...even that doesn't have music...they play like 10 second clips of all the videos and talk the rest of the time...WTF
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mcdowellswife
Wandering Through Town

Post by mcdowellswife »

The only show I even watch on MTV anymore is America's Best Dance crew.

I am a diehard Jabbawockkeez fan.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

ashleygill03 wrote:Seriously.. there is NO music anymore. They completely lost sight of what they are supposed to be. It's all The Hills and drama now. I mean, I love the real world and the challenges.. those are iconic. But, what happened to everything else?
yea agree with you there i'm a big real world junkie and i love america's dance crew (yay for jabbawockkeez mcdowellswife ) but i really really really hate the hills immensly.
awesomejen1 wrote:I was watching TRL the other day...even that doesn't have music...they play like 10 second clips of all the videos and talk the rest of the time...WTF
I noticed that the other day too. why even have a music countdown if you're not even gonna play the videos. lol. vh1 drives me nuts with all their flavor of love/ i love new york/ rock of love craziness. lol
MTF
Settled in Forks

Post by MTF »

awesomejen1 wrote:
I was watching TRL the other day...even that doesn't have music...they play like 10 second clips of all the videos and talk the rest of the time...WTF
Thats funny I noticed that yesterday. I was like huh what happened to trl? I never watch MTV anymore and honestly I think its kind of a joke that they even still have the VMA's the should have some kind reality TV awards or something. Even MTV2 plays lots of crap now. I used to get fuse which had video's a lot but my cable company droped it. What I wouldn't give for the days of Pauly Shore, Kurt Loader, and Kennedy!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

What I wouldn't give for the days of Pauly Shore, Kurt Loader, and Kennedy!
Me too! When I was in high school I so wanted to go to TRL..I did it when I was 19, and though it didn't quite have the same meaning as it would have back in the day, it was still awesome...but I wouldn't do it now...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Elizabeth wrote:
Court wrote:
waiting for a meteor wrote:You now dear, I was there when TW changed the world, let me help you with your essay
lol how crazy would that be! If that ever happens I will feel truly old yet cool. lol.
I agree with Court, I'd feel old. I was having a conversation with a girl at work today about ice skating (I don't know how we got there!). I mentioned the infamous Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding incident (why?! why?!) and the girl said she didn't remember it. I felt really ancient! Actually, I can't recall it that clearly since it happened when I was 8, but it was a big scandal back then, especially if you watched ice skating.
I am one of the youngest girls where I work (I'm 24 and the youngest is 18)..but over the summer we have a gal work part time and she's 19. Well we got to talking about toys and electronics that were around when we were kids vs what kids have nowadays. My friend Jess (the 18 yr old part-timer) had no idea what a typewriter was or how to use one! To me, that is crazy! To this day, she can barely use one and she hates to learn how! I just can't get over that! I think it's so funny because there is only five years between us..
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

Stacia wrote:My friend Jess (the 18 yr old part-timer) had no idea what a typewriter was or how to use one! To me, that is crazy! To this day, she can barely use one and she hates to learn how! I just can't get over that! I think it's so funny because there is only five years between us..
Wow I feel ancient right now. Did she never watch "Murder she wrote?" with that typewriter in the opening credits? Well please don't ask her, I bet she would have told you she did not ever hear of that hoary TV show.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
LaceyMay0307
Settled in Forks

Post by LaceyMay0307 »

I'm with you I feel super old! I had a type writer granted it was just for play, but good gravy at least I knew what one was. Kids today..LOL :lol: