Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by kl1028 »

who doesnt know what a type writer is....wow they cant be that out dated...i mean my sister (16) knows what one is....
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Elizabeth wrote:
lune1204 wrote:i thought that no one reads twilight at this age. it's a relief to find other people reading twilight. I cant wait for the showing of the movie! :D
We're kind of like secret societies, or big foot. You're not sure whether they exist, but you've heard about them!
I know this is going back a couple of pages (you gabbies!), but I hope that someday someone puts a fake body in a cooler and tries to tell the world they've found a specimen of us. ;)

Although, I'm pretty sure we'd shout it to the world if we got a chance. At least, I would.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

mandustries wrote:(you gabbies!), but I hope that someday someone puts a fake body in a cooler and tries to tell the world they've found a specimen of us.
goodness we are a bunch of motor mouths. haha. very nice thought there. maybe they'll sell us on ebay :lol:
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

awesomejen1 wrote:
I was watching TRL the other day...even that doesn't have music...they play like 10 second clips of all the videos and talk the rest of the time...WTF
It's come down to something like 10 seconds?! What's the point of even showing the clip? It's more time consuming for the poor people in editing to cut the clip, than the actual length of the clip!
I miss the old days too! Kurt Loder's interviews were classic! You all remember when TRL first came out and it looked like Carson did the show in a dark basement? The show was only half an hour and it was just Carson and the videos... good times!
Stacia wrote: My friend Jess (the 18 yr old part-timer) had no idea what a typewriter was or how to use one! To me, that is crazy! To this day, she can barely use one and she hates to learn how! I just can't get over that! I think it's so funny because there is only five years between us..
I never 'learned' to use one, but I would mess with an old one my aunt had sitting in my grandparents' garage. The hardest part was rolling the paper just right! But they have electronic ones now that roll the paper for you, how can this girl not use one? I think she's playing dumb out of sheer laziness.
mandustries wrote:(you gabbies!), but I hope that someday someone puts a fake body in a cooler and tries to tell the world they've found a specimen of us.
Hey, that sounds like the movie Forever Young with Mel Gibson, lol!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

Elizabeth wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:
Whatever happened to "I want my mtv" now I'm more like, I hate mtv! What happened to MTV? I can't stand it now.]
I'm the same way. I can barely watch MTV anymore because there isn't any music! Don't they realize MTV stands for Music Television? TRL is no longer about the music and there's a new show from Pete Wentz that is supposed to play music but they do the same thing with that show as they do with TRL...they don't play the whole song and in throughout the video that they do show, there are people giving shout-outs to their friends & screaming & screeching. Now I watch VH1 because at least, they play the whole song.

But here's another gripe for me....what is up with the way the younger crowd is dressing today? I mean, I'm 24 and I don't understand why the guys these days where the pants below their butt! I don't understand it at all! I'm just totally lost in this whole concept!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Stacia wrote:
But here's another gripe for me....what is up with the way the younger crowd is dressing today? I mean, I'm 24 and I don't understand why the guys these days where the pants below their butt! I don't understand it at all! I'm just totally lost in this whole concept!
I don't think that ever really went away! You remember the gansta rap of the 90s? Or how about the two kids, Kriss Kross, that wore their clothes backwards with the jeans really low? I didn't get it then, I don't get it now. I feel like some little old lady when I catch myself thinking "What's wrong with these kids?" But I've always thought this way, even when I myself was a kid and my classmates wore their jeans under the butt. I have this saying, just because something's in style, doesn't mean it's in style for everyone! Like skinny jeans... not meant for EVERYONE, but in this case, jeans down to the butt are not meant for ANYONE!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Elizabeth wrote:I don't think that ever really went away! You remember the gansta rap of the 90s? Or how about the two kids, Kriss Kross, that wore their clothes backwards with the jeans really low? I didn't get it then, I don't get it now. I feel like some little old lady when I catch myself thinking "What's wrong with these kids?" But I've always thought this way, even when I myself was a kid and my classmates wore their jeans under the butt. I have this saying, just because something's in style, doesn't mean it's in style for everyone! Like skinny jeans... not meant for EVERYONE, but in this case, jeans down to the butt are not meant for ANYONE
oh man its not so much the baggy pants for me, it's the men wearing pants meant for women. i really hate that. and i know it's being going on forever but i hate when teenage girls dress older than they are. just stay a kid while you still can. sheesh.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Court wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:I don't think that ever really went away! You remember the gansta rap of the 90s? Or how about the two kids, Kriss Kross, that wore their clothes backwards with the jeans really low? I didn't get it then, I don't get it now. I feel like some little old lady when I catch myself thinking "What's wrong with these kids?" But I've always thought this way, even when I myself was a kid and my classmates wore their jeans under the butt. I have this saying, just because something's in style, doesn't mean it's in style for everyone! Like skinny jeans... not meant for EVERYONE, but in this case, jeans down to the butt are not meant for ANYONE
oh man its not so much the baggy pants for me, it's the men wearing pants meant for women. i really hate that. and i know it's being going on forever but i hate when teenage girls dress older than they are. just stay a kid while you still can. sheesh.
You don't like girlpants! Oh man, so uncool. ;) (Totally joking, by the way!)

I remember wearing sweatpants and bike shorts to all of elementary and a little of middle school. I guess I just wasn't looking, but I don't remember there being the type of clothes there are today for young girls when we were that age.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Court wrote:You don't like girlpants! Oh man, so uncool. ;) (Totally joking, by the way!)

I remember wearing sweatpants and bike shorts to all of elementary and a little of middle school. I guess I just wasn't looking, but I don't remember there being the type of clothes there are today for young girls when we were that age.
well when i was in grade school all these girls wanted to wear make up all the time and were obsessed with kissing boys and i was just like "what? why would you want to do that?" lol. it's not nearly as bad as it is today though. half the girls my kid sister goes to school with look like a bunch of prostitots! they're only 15. i just don't understand it.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Court wrote:
Court wrote:You don't like girlpants! Oh man, so uncool. ;) (Totally joking, by the way!)

well when i was in grade school all these girls wanted to wear make up all the time and were obsessed with kissing boys and i was just like "what? why would you want to do that?" lol. it's not nearly as bad as it is today though. half the girls my kid sister goes to school with look like a bunch of prostitots! they're only 15. i just don't understand it.

YES! My husband and I were talking about the possible benefits of living in a small town when you're raisting kids, and asked if I was ever boy-crazy and I totally wasn't. It's crazy, thinking of like, prepubescent kids wanting to make out with people! And I DEFINITELY didn't dress in anyway that could be remotely considered suggestive... I wore Jnco's or otherwise baggy jeans and whatever shirt I happened to like! :?
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.