Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Court »

la_tua_cantante wrote:
Court wrote:
Court wrote:You don't like girlpants! Oh man, so uncool. ;) (Totally joking, by the way!)

I remember wearing sweatpants and bike shorts to all of elementary and a little of middle school. I guess I just wasn't looking, but I don't remember there being the type of clothes there are today for young girls when we were that age.
well when i was in grade school all these girls wanted to wear make up all the time and were obsessed with kissing boys and i was just like "what? why would you want to do that?" lol. it's not nearly as bad as it is today though. half the girls my kid sister goes to school with look like a bunch of prostitots! they're only 15. i just don't understand it.

YES! My husband and I were talking about the possible benefits of living in a small town when you're raisting kids, and asked if I was ever boy-crazy and I totally wasn't. It's crazy, thinking of like, prepubescent kids wanting to make out with people! And I DEFINITELY didn't dress in anyway that could be remotely considered suggestive... I wore Jnco's or otherwise baggy jeans and whatever shirt I happened to like! :?
lol that was completely me as well! i could never understand what the big deal was when i was a kid. never did i have the desire to wear suggestive clothing or wear makeup. lol. i don't think i even noticed boys much until i started high school. lol
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

la_tua_cantante wrote:YES! My husband and I were talking about the possible benefits of living in a small town when you're raisting kids, and asked if I was ever boy-crazy and I totally wasn't. It's crazy, thinking of like, prepubescent kids wanting to make out with people! And I DEFINITELY didn't dress in anyway that could be remotely considered suggestive... I wore Jnco's or otherwise baggy jeans and whatever shirt I happened to like! :?
Oh man, Jnco's. I remember when I desperately wanted a pair of those so I'd look cool. Middle School ... I don't miss it one bit.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

mandustries wrote:
Oh man, Jnco's. I remember when I desperately wanted a pair of those so I'd look cool. Middle School ... I don't miss it one bit.
In 8th grade, that was pretty much my uniform...ridiculously big jeans, doc marten 8-eye boots and whatever shirt I ended up in that day.

I don't know... I haven't enjoyed MTv in years, but never attributed it to being old. Boo, I don't want to be old!

Where's a hot, vegetarian vampire when you need one??
:D
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I had some Jnco's in middle school! Wide leg jeans were so in back then. I used to wear bike shorts or regular shorts with long shirts in elementary school. I was just trying to have fun being a young girl, not trying to dress provactively because that's what was on tv. Why do these young girls think the boys will look at them? They're trying to grow up fast because they think it's what they're supposed to do. The boys don't even care, they're just having fun being kids! Maybe if the girls figured out that boys don't even become interested until high school, they'd remember to enjoy their youth while they still have time. How do girls even get to go around and dress like pussycat dolls and wear makeup? Do the parents not care what they wear or set some rules?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

i am so happy there are others my age who read twilight (i am 23). i don't know anyone in real life who reads twilight, and every time i am at the bookstore, i only see 14 year olds buying twilight. i am nervous about the movie, because i know i am going to have to go alone, and sit in a dark room with a bunch of teenagers for two hours. scary.
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

Apple wrote:i am so happy there are others my age who read twilight (i am 23). i don't know anyone in real life who reads twilight, and every time i am at the bookstore, i only see 14 year olds buying twilight. i am nervous about the movie, because i know i am going to have to go alone, and sit in a dark room with a bunch of teenagers for two hours. scary.
Don't worry about the movie, Apple. I'm sure a lot of us will find their happy ending at the movie theaters. The TwiGuys will find their Bellas and the twenty somethings will find their twenty somethings and some poor teen girls that suffer for first love will find their highschool crush among the crowd. At least we will have fun for the TW Community being a really cool and caring bunch. Lovely avatar by the way. Oh and if your are too scared by all the teens, simply shout "isnt that Rob in the lobby?" and the screening room will empty in a matter of seconds :lol:
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

waiting for a meteor wrote:Oh and if your are too scared by all the teens, simply shout "isnt that Rob in the lobby?" and the screening room will empty in a matter of seconds :lol:
oh wow. i was on the floor doubled over in laughter. lovely :D
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

waiting for a meteor wrote:[ Oh and if your are too scared by all the teens, simply shout "isnt that Rob in the lobby?" and the screening room will empty in a matter of seconds :lol:
Haha! I'm still laughing! Oh, I wondering which poor souls would fall for that one? What if it started some kind of riot or catfight- "He's mine biotch!" :shock: Can I say that on the Lex?
Team Edward:
Because...
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I'm confused, I pictured that real romantic future for the rest of us and both of you love the joke? :roll: It's hard being a Twiguy. :lol:
Last edited by waiting for a meteor on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

oh boo, i'm so gullible! you sounded serious, perhaps i thought there'd be some young girls out there that would actually fall for it. :twisted:
Team Edward:
Because...