Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

I live in Utah...freaking conservative empire of the country! (at least it seems so) So I totally get the raining...I seriously have to just mentally roll my eyes at half the stupid stuff that is said...Have these people been living in a cave for the past 8 years (well, I'll say 5...Bush did ok the first few)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

I think it might be time to ease off the political talk now.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Mmmkay....then what would you like to talk about if a great historical moment doesn't interest you?

I'll go back to Grey's...I am excited for tonight's episode! I'm interested to see what excuse they use have her leave...from what I have read it ends with Haun just walking to her car and leaving...it will be interesting.

Does anyone else watch House? I can't wait to see it on Tuesday with how the last episode ended! Ack!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Adam wrote:I think it might be time to ease off the political talk now.
sry just the biggest thing going on here at the moment...

About House...I kinda stopped watching last season :( But I am excited 4 Greys!

OK...updated...
I just read in EW 12 things of inspiration for SM this was funny:

STRANGER THAN FICTION

''There's a scene where [the fictional character] Emma Thompson's character created...tracks her down and walks into her living room and he goes, 'Hey, I'm Harold Crick.' And she collapses to the floor and says, 'I know.' That moment makes me cry. Imagine what that would be like! I actually did have a dream after Twilight was finished of Edward coming to visit me — only I had gotten it wrong and he did drink blood like every other vampire and you couldn't live on animals the way I'd written it. We had this conversation and he was terrifying.''
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

ahhhhh what did denny say @ the end??? my dummy hubby took a call right at that part!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

MRK wrote:ahhhhh what did denny say @ the end??? my dummy hubby took a call right at that part!

"are you sure you're okay..."

Holy crap...i was bawling with the old guy...gah, this show is killing me every week!
Adam

Post by Adam »

awesomejen1 wrote:Mmmkay....then what would you like to talk about if a great historical moment doesn't interest you?
Discussing the historical significance of the election is one thing, suggesting that people are stupid, or have been living in a cave for the last 8 years because their opinions differ from yours is another. All I'm saying is that with the country divided as it is right now, it just seems wiser to be respectful. I think that is what Pres-elect Obama would want.
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

MRK wrote:hmmm...you know, Hahn's character really never clicked with me...She was either too harsh, or too insecure. I'm Ok with her going away...and that has nothing to do with the sexuality of the character. I think that was a last ditch effort by the writers to try to save the character...and I think we didn't buy it. The whole situation with Cali was way to forced IMO.
I'd have to agree with you there! Although I did think the whole "I can see the leaves!" thing was really beautiful and touching...But, it was pretty much the only thing in Hahn's entire character that made her seem relatively human! I didn't catch the episode tonight, and I won't be able to view it online for another 18 hours. OH THE AGONY!
Adam wrote:

awesomejen1 wrote:
Mmmkay....then what would you like to talk about if a great historical moment doesn't interest you?

Discussing the historical significance of the election is one thing, suggesting that people are stupid, or have been living in a cave for the last 8 years because their opinions differ from yours is another. All I'm saying is that with the country divided as it is right now, it just seems wiser to be respectful. I think that is what Pres-elect Obama would want.
Hollar. I concur. The Lex is a happy, politically neutral place, and there is a good reason that there are no "Political" threads.

Lighter topic - Did anyone else read the new Vanity Fair article?! I think it's the first official review of the screening!! The author sounded like he didn't really like the books, but said that the movie is exquisite. I didn't think I could be more anxious to see the movie myself, but I am! MORE AGONY! I can't wait....
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

awesomejen1 wrote:
MRK wrote:ahhhhh what did denny say @ the end??? my dummy hubby took a call right at that part!

"are you sure you're okay..."

Holy crap...i was bawling with the old guy...gah, this show is killing me every week!

TAMALYN DONT READ THIS!!!!!!

Awwww Denny!!!!! I love him! Im amazed they didnt make Alex go all nuts 'cause she was obsessing about Denny...I was waiting for him to blow up at her. I think theyre mellowing him out a bit.

Ok the old people part really got me...partly because it was so sweet...they were so in love...and partly cause thats what happened with my brother. They took him off the breathing machine and he just died and we just had to stand there and watch....its a very hard thing to do. So, I understood the man being desperate at that moment. You think 'if I could try one more thing...' hoping for a miracle...anyway! Sorry, not trying to get too depressing lol!
I do like how they passed it from the man to Bailey to Shepard tho...it was moving...

O and the dummy was HILARIOUS!!!! And so was McSteamy trying to hook up with Christina lol rofl...But Christina made me almost cry...when she talked about her dad...lol
Annnd Hahn annoyed me, yet again! I can understand why she was upset...but Cali was right, what good would it do? I love Cali!
Shuntiana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shuntiana »

Hi ^^;

Noob 20 year old here, I just hit it recently. October 27th actually :P And it's been kinda funky :roll: But enjoying it :mrgreen:

(Sorry, I don't watch a lot of tv, but I do enjoy House ^^)
Lana The Fixer - The Twilight Mafia
Fear the Loch Ness Monster!! - Team Renesmee ^_^ Cause we got the best of both worlds :D