Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

Elizabeth, if you find a way into an advance showing we should go together... here or there... I don't know one single person who is going!
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

I'm in Jersey too, maybe looking for some people going to the midnight screening or an advanced screening- even better! :D I wasn't planning on getting dressed up, but who knows, it's still early. I'm sure my boyfriend will be a lot less likely to go if I do :lol: I definitely look young for my age (I always looked older when I was younger, but now haven't caught up I guess). I don't usually get carded for alcohol, but my boyfriend and I went to see Pineapple Express in the theater and got carded for tickets since it's rated R. :? We're both 23 and my boyfriend had his beard grown out at the time. So not only did we get carded buying the tickets, but carded again when we gave our tickets to enter the theater. What's up with that?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I don't think I look all that young, but I always get carded...and it's not just the standard can I see your ID, the bouncers always bust out the black lights, and examine my ID to make sure it isn't fake (been there, done that, they couldn't tell when it was anyway)...gah, I think I look my age, but who knows...

How do y'all plan to dress up...I mean, everyone wears normal clothes...except the golden/black/red eyes...If I could choose, I would totally do red contact because I am a new-born to the world of Twilight...I haen't been around long enough to earn my Gold eyes : )

I saw over in teh Hollywood HIdeout that they have a thread for opening night showings, so everyone might be able to get together...how cool would that be to have Lex movie premiere parties across the nation!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Wow, two pages of posts in less than a day ... and I thought teenagers were gabby!
awesomejen1 wrote:I don't think I look all that young, but I always get carded...and it's not just the standard can I see your ID, the bouncers always bust out the black lights, and examine my ID to make sure it isn't fake (been there, done that, they couldn't tell when it was anyway)...gah, I think I look my age, but who knows...
I actually get carded more for buying R-rated movies than I do when I'm buying alcohol. Totally doesn't make sense, but I guess it's flattering? :P
awesomejen1 wrote:How do y'all plan to dress up...I mean, everyone wears normal clothes...except the golden/black/red eyes...If I could choose, I would totally do red contact because I am a new-born to the world of Twilight...I haen't been around long enough to earn my Gold eyes : )

I saw over in teh Hollywood HIdeout that they have a thread for opening night showings, so everyone might be able to get together...how cool would that be to have Lex movie premiere parties across the nation!
I actually requested that thread to be started, since a bunch of us in here were talking about meeting up (go me! ;)). I'm hoping the contacts I recently purchased turn out to look topaz-enough. (It's funny, I can justify spending that much money for contacts, but I haven't been to the grocery store in like a month ...)

I sort-of was thinking about going as Alice, like some of the others in this thread, but unless I meet up with other Lexers, the group I'm going with (co-workers, my mom and the boyf) will only be sporting Twilight-related tee shirts. They're not quite as obsessed as I am.

It's hard to really create a costume for the Cullens. They're so "normal." Now, the nomads, they have pretty obvious costumes, at least in the movie. That fur thing Victoria's wearing is pretty fierce.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

mandustries wrote:I actually requested that thread to be started, since a bunch of us in here were talking about meeting up (go me! ).
Yay, thanks! When I was in high school, I had "Honey" colored contacts that were very topaz. Now, my vision is so bad I don't think they make colored contacts in my prescription :( I have yet to come up with any good ideas, as you said they are pretty "normal" but I'm sure other Twilight fans would probably get who you were going for. It seems that movie theaters have just really been cracking down lately on IDing for R movies, I don't remember getting carded that much when I was under 17.... now, it seems they are carding everyone. We went to the movie with our friends who are 28 and 30, and they got carded also. Maybe the law is cracking down!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I think I am just going to order a hoodie that just says Forks, WA...simple, not too obvious so my husband won't be terribly embarrassed. Maybe a baseball like shirt. Customglamgirl.com has really cute tshirts you can customize and there is one that looks baseball-ish..any other ideas.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I don't get carded that often, but when I do I always say thank you for that.
I plan to wear a Twilight shirt that says Mrs. Edward Cullen in the back and that's as dressed up as i'm going to get. Unfortunatelly I don't think that there are any Lex Twilighters around here so I can't make any plans to get togeather (I wish there were :( ).
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

^^About three weeks ago I got carded while purchasing some Henry Weinhardt's Rootbeer. Which, I'm sure I don't need to clarify, is not even alcoholic. There I was, well above legal drinking age (even though I don't drink), buying some soda and getting carded :? As the look of comprehension dawned on the cashier I LMAO.
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I never got carded :? when I bought some booze for my 18th birthday I looked forward to show my ID but they did not even bother to ask. I never forgave the cashier...
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

lol i told my husband i was gonna get him a team jacob shirt and me a team edward shirt and he just laughed at me, he just doesnt get it lol