Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

[/quote]

i 100% agree with you. I am a Twi-hard fan but im not a screaming teenager. It kind of upset me that everyone is put into that category because thats the majority. when i went to see the midnight showing i felt like an outcast. i mean i got flutters in my stomach when edward came on screen but i wasnt screaming!! lol. i cant wait to go see it again when all the teens are in school and i can watch it and pay attention to it lol.[/quote][/quote]

It was so annoying to have to be in the theater with the sceaming teenagers. Well not really in the theater, but in the line outside the theater at midnight. They were giggling and shoving each other right into us! I felt like such an old lady when we had to turn around and say, "Girls, please" But it was driving me insane! I am 100% with you for going to see Twilight again during the day when the kids are in school. Seriously, no offense to any teenagers that might be reading this but I can't wait to see it in peace!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Haha, I know, I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't the book. But I actually liked the trailers but if the movie's even better - well, perfect! :D I expect that I will like the movie but at the same time I try to keep my expectations low.

About the press: I just think it paints a wrong picture of the twilight fandom! Here in Austria Twilight isn't as big as in the states so I don't expect screaming teenagers in the English cinema anyway (might be wrong about that but I'll see). I might be squealing just a bit (and very quiet) whenever Edward is there but I won't scream for sure! But whoever has to deal with me after the movie needs a strong sets of nerves cause I'll be going on and on about the movie for sure and I don't have any Twilighters here who share my obsession! :) My poor boyfriend or my poor mum!

Your Emmett guy sounds cute, MRK! Made me laugh! :lol:
And, twilight813 and mrsedwardcullen, I fully understand why you want to watch the movie in peace! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

My boyfriend (who hasn't read Twilight) came with us to see the movie and he was laughing at us the entire time. We were laughing at random parts when no one else was and other times we were so absorbed in the movie it was ridiculous. He caught on to the whole werewolf scheme but I didn't think that it would make much sense to people who haven't read the series. I probably blabbed something about it to him while I was reading the books. He went with me to see it the first time but he told me that the second time I'm on my own. :o
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Well, I think it is good to read all the bad stuff as well as the good stuff...if you see it wasn't beloved by all, then when/if you are disappointed, it won't be a huge surprise. I was let down, it just wasn't up to par with what it could have been
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

i have to say i only squealed @ 1 part...i couldnt help myself at the end when edward and jacob glared @ each other...lol
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

MRK wrote:i have to say i only squealed @ 1 part...i couldnt help myself at the end when edward and jacob glared @ each other...lol

that was such an awesome part! i loved it .. it leads up to their disliking each other in New Moon and Eclipse.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

***Paging MRK***

Totally random question/request...so I wanted to make a banner for my fan fic, but I suck at it...I was trying to do pics, and it looks awful! I was wondering if you wanted to help a sister out?
Here is my Renesmee:

Here is my Xander:

Then Taylor as Jacob...though I can't find a picture where he doesn't look like such a kid...but I guess he kind of is a kid now...so...can you help me out? I am not to sure of the background, but I was thinking something stormy/but maybe with light coming through...because that is kind of the story...

Or if you want, an original MRK design would be cool too...but only if you want, no pressure or anything...
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

awesomejen1 wrote:***Paging MRK***

Totally random question/request...so I wanted to make a banner for my fan fic, but I suck at it...I was trying to do pics, and it looks awful! I was wondering if you wanted to help a sister out?

Or if you want, an original MRK design would be cool too...but only if you want, no pressure or anything...
HAHA! Help a sister out lol...no problem!
No promises tho...I can't promise it won't suck...but I'll try ;)
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Hows this? Didnt know if you wanted 'rising sun' or your name in there anywhere...

~Misty

Ps notice Jacob is in the light and is leaning into and closer to Nessie...lol sry, just had to give my input on who should win ;)
Last edited by MRK on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

MRK wrote:Hows this? Didnt know if you wanted 'rising sun' or your name in there anywhere...

~Misty

Ps notice Jacob is in the light and is leaning into and closer to Nessie...lol sry, just had to give my input on who should win ;)
Love your input...haha...It's perfect, but I would like Rising sun...maybe just along the bottom is a half fancy script...you are awesome!