Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by MRK »

So...YEA!!! My husband went to Seattle as I've said 100 Xs...and hes so cute...he asked about Forks to try to find out info for me...awww he does care!!
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

He's 22? Shows what I know. He was born the same year as my younger brother though, haha. And yes Edward is definately much older than all of us and more romantic than any 17 year old, or 24 year old for that matter that I have met!

I would love to go back to Forks after having read Twilight. We used to go camping near there every summer. But little did I know that it was going to become a sensational home to hot vampires!!

The whole Twilight series makes me miss Washington state in general.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
vampbaseballgrl4
Settled in Forks

Post by vampbaseballgrl4 »

this is a couple pages back, but I just wanted to say that awesomejen ur wedding pics are amazing... I had to look twice... I was like are those magizine shots!!! very cool.

well I fell in love with seattle and the pacific northwest coast last summer on a trip out there... and now that it has even more meaning... I'm seriously debating if I should MOVE there!!! haha..

it's funny I was thinking while reading all the posts about kristen that I always feel like the girls who play female characters from books I love are never good enough... now rob is a perfect edward, but I'm still so-so with kristen... it's prolly just cause I'm jealous right!!!???
I'm totally moving to Forks and asking the Cullens which room is mine? Edward has the cottage now... his sounds good.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vampbaseballgrl4 wrote: it's funny I was thinking while reading all the posts about kristen that I always feel like the girls who play female characters from books I love are never good enough... now rob is a perfect edward, but I'm still so-so with kristen... it's prolly just cause I'm jealous right!!!???
Stephenie Meyer said its cause girls always picture the heroine to be exactly like them....I never pictured Bella to look like me...I just always had the girl from Juno in my head lol...and Ive never seen Juno...Ellen Page I think her name is.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

vampbaseballgrl4 wrote:this is a couple pages back, but I just wanted to say that awesomejen ur wedding pics are amazing... I had to look twice... I was like are those magizine shots!!! very cool.
Thank you! I have no idea which pictures to pick to display...

vampbaseballgrl4 wrote: it's funny I was thinking while reading all the posts about kristen that I always feel like the girls who play female characters from books I love are never good enough... now rob is a perfect edward, but I'm still so-so with kristen... it's prolly just cause I'm jealous right!!!???
This may be right...I am probably more critical of the female charaters then the males...but I'm not too hard to please. I loved Rachal McAdams in "The Notebook" Which is one movie I was really worried about (And BTW absolutely love...its my go to smoozy romantic movie, and my hubby likes it because it's got more of a plot then just boy likes girl and falls in love after 3 dates...). I usually love the casting for Jane Austen movies...you know, I can't think of a movie that was based on a book that I have been unhappy with the female casting lead.
Maybe my thoughts will change about Kristen, but I am not counting on it...I've not seen anything with her that I was impressed by...just annoyed really, and she doesn't always play annoying people, so we will see...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Oooh, I don't think I pictured Bella as myself. I don't look much like her. I did imagine her with wavy hair though even though Stephenie says its stick straight. I think Kirsten is pretty close to my Bella, but that may be because I am accustomed to the idea of her playing Bella. I also think Kristen looks ten times prettier with brown hair. I do not like when she dyed her hair golden blonde for that role.

I don't think Rob was how I originally imagined Edward, but I didn't really have a detailed image in my head, just generals, its was more like I knew that he was gorgeous, not that I could actually see him in my mind. But again I am so accustomed to him as Edward now that he's the perfect Edward to me. I wonder how he'll age over the possible filming of the other 3 movies. I know that Stephenie had said there were age restrictions on her actors because they couldn't get too old for the sequels if they were to be filmed. I think her cutoff for Edward was 21? Rob just barely made it at the time he was cast I think. I could be making that up, it happens sometimes.

Alright question, what are you favorite stores to shop in for clothing? And do you like Bella's/the Cullen's style? Who is most like you?
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

*sneaks in at the back*

I come seeking asylum. Do you mind if I hide around the edges and watch?
*waves* Hello, I'm dragon-girl, and I'm from Scotland.
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Welcome, dragon-girl!

"The Notebook" is really great - movie and book! I was surpirsed how well the movie turned out (Message in a bottle was a disaster in my opinion).

I didn't really imagine myself as Bella either although I'm pale and brunette (and I have a habit of running into door frames and parts of furniture - I swear they kinda jump in my way... :D ) and I think, when it comes to the looks, Kristen's perfect - somehow plain but yet beautiful (hard to describe). When I started reading Twilight I checked out the homepage and saw her picture and was like "yeah she fits". I wasn't so sure about Rob at first (I still pictured him as Cedric Diggory - I didn't have a clear picture of Edward though) but now, after seeing the teasers and trailer and some interviews I think that the whole "Rob package" works very well as Edward (looks, voice, emotions and so on) and with Kristen I'm not that sure anymore (the look is fitting but her mannerism????). But then again I pay WAY more attention to Rob :oops:

About the clothing question: I suppose we have different stores here in Austria, so it's difficult to answer for me. What would you describe as "the Cullen style", lag28wa? I think Bella has a very comfortable style (good for weekends and outdoor action) but I can't relate to the fact that she doesn't pay any attention to what she wears. I can understand Alice's shopping addiction but without the Cullen's credit cards I can't afford that many clothes/that expensive clothes. :lol:

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I agree that Kristen looks the part...but Bella is so much more then looks...I would have preferred someone who looked less the part and acted the part more. I just don't get Bella when I watch trailers with Kristen. I did picture myself as Bella...but I should say I also pictured myself as Rose, and Alice, and Esme...all me with different haircuts, haha...I guess I am just vain like that, or my imagination doesn't come up with faces very well...

As for clothes, I am definatly not a Bella. I love to get dressed up, get my hair did, all that stuff. I don't do it every day, but that's because I don't really have a reason to. If I had a Cullen card, I would totally be out shopping with Alice. I would say that my style is Alice/Rosalie style...probably a little more Rosalie. I see Alice as having a bit more of a quirky, funky style, and Rose having a more sofisticated yet sexy style.

IRL, I am on a shopping ban right now, buying a house = save save save...I kind of hate it right now! I love to shop, so when I am out of my shopping hiatus, my favorite place is H&M, it's not too expensive, but it is still fashionable. :D I love knock-offs...I can't afford the real thing, so I'll take a fake!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

I like to put an effort into my outfit and look ( whether it's casual or dressy). I'm glad I don't have to dress up for work, though, because dressing up in my kind of job would mean suits (with skirts or trousers) - too boring for my taste (I'm all for colours and a suit in bright colours usually look, hm, strange...kinda too much, if you know what I mean). I can wear jeans/nice pullover combos and such... At home I'm all for comfy wear: sweats and hoodies!
But it's hard for me to describe my style... Hm, at home more Bella and otherwise Alice/Rosalie, probably.

I love H&M (my usual place to shop), Mango, Zara, Orsay...fashionable but reasonable prieced and you don't need to feel guilty if you throw something out because you no longer like it. I'm not into designer labels...simply too expensive!
Oh, and like most girls I have a thing for shoes...and bags!!!!! And earrings!!!!! I keep buying earings and my boyfriend is at a loss to see the dirference. He's like "you already have those kinds of earings" and I'm like" Nooo! those are pink and not turquoise" . You can see the problem... :lol:

But I also have to refrain from shopping to much at the moment since we have an apartment we need the money for...

Btw I agree that Bella is more than looks, that was simply my very first impression when I was new to the whole Twilight thing.

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter