Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

^^Chicago is definitely the midwest, and it's beautiful. Definitely rates on my top 5 favorite places in the world. You should definitely go and check out the Magnificent Mile, Cheesecake Factory, etc.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

mcdowellswife wrote:Avoid Iowa. It sucks cornhusks.
HAHAHAHAHA!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

CantBreathe wrote:Thanks for all the input everyone! I spent a lot of summers in San Diego growing up and my uncle still lives there. I love San Diego and also had the opportunity to visit LA a few times while I was there. California is way pricy, which is a big turnoff for me since I am poor ;) Unfortunately, I went to school for film so LA seems the best place to go to find work.
I have been doing film work while living in Utah (not a big market, but a girl can work) and I have thought about stepping it up and trying to make something happen in LA. We are moving to Bakersfield, not for me, but for my Husband, and I am considering commuting...though nothing is for sure yet. It's about an hour drive to LA, and central California is A LOT cheaper then everywhere else in Cali...so if you aren't opposed to commuting, look eastward a little...

What did you go to school for?
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

awesomejen1 wrote:I have been doing film work while living in Utah (not a big market, but a girl can work) and I have thought about stepping it up and trying to make something happen in LA. We are moving to Bakersfield, not for me, but for my Husband, and I am considering commuting...though nothing is for sure yet. It's about an hour drive to LA, and central California is A LOT cheaper then everywhere else in Cali...so if you aren't opposed to commuting, look eastward a little...

What did you go to school for?
Well, my actual degree is in Radio/TV/Film. I would prefer to work in film production, but am not totally opposed to TV if I could find the right job. I've been doing some minor independent film stuff on the side in Philadelphia, but haven't been able to find a well paying full time job doing anything in the industry. I'm not at opposed to commuting- that's life living in NJ :) - which sucks, but I can only do/afford so much.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Died down a little in here, eh?
So, how about a new topic...How did everyone find out about Twilight?

For me, I resisted the call to read them...I am a die-hard Potter fan, and nothing could/would interfer with that love...Fast forward to Breaking Dawn Release. There is a huge Twilight following here in Utah, partly due to Stephenie going to school here and what not, so there were tons of parties for the release and the news covered it and all...so I was thought, well, I shoud probably just read the first one, just to see what all the hype was about. About a month later, I was at Wal-Mart and twilight was sitting there, only $8.88...so I picked it up, and it was a whirl-wind romance, finished the series in a week and I haven't looked back.

I love Harry Potter still, but I think Twilight took over top spot on my list...Edward is just to awesome to be #2.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I found Twilight at work. I work at a Juvenile Detention Center and some of the kids were just begging me to read the book. It sounded like a romance novel, but both boys and girls read it and enjoyed it, so I finally caved one day. Needless to say, I was hooked. I read it in one night. I went out and bought New Moon, later Eclipse, and waited for Breaking Dawn.

Ok, I need some help from my fellow twenty somethings.
On Wednesday, I had to go into a meeting at work. Well, there was a cute guy that works next door ( happens to be EMS) outside his car, but I didn't say anything to him. I was going to go knock on the door after I got out of the meeting, but I never did, I couldn't work up the courage. I mean, what was I supposed to say? I didn't want to come off as a stalker! I believe they run shifts from 7a-7p, and I come in at 2p, so I don't have a real opportunity to interact with the EMS people. I think I've seen this guy before, but with a different vehicle when I worked the mornings, but the staff there rotates- they have different locations in the city. I didn't see his vehicle today when I arrived or when I left at 10p, I'm not sure what to do now. Should I go ask when the guy with the Red Sox license plate is working? That sounds creepy!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

Elizabeth- Here is my opinion: Definitely do not ask about him. I think that would come off as you trying a bit too hard and might rub him the wrong way. If you've bumped into him before, you're bound to bump into him again.. so I would wait for that. Do you have any reason you could use to casually ask him something and work that angle? Something work related possible? If you can manage to do that it would be much easier for you to try to work the conversation to a more personal level. Let him ask you out.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm not sure when I'll see him next because he isn't always next door. This is the first time I've seen him, or the Red Sox license plate in months. I'm not sure how to strike up a conversation with him naturally because the shifts at my place and the shifts next door don't coincide with each other. It's a rarity to see anyone else outside our small parking lot, although both facilities share the lot. Just sucks, I don't want to come off extremely eager or desperate, but I am very curious! It's just so blah around here- I see the same people everyday, most of the people I work with are much older than me. So I was naturally intrigued by this new person who happens to be older than the dominating college population but younger than the 'older' people in town.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

Yeah I do understand... and you definitely don't want to come across as desperate.
Maybe just casually introduce yourself.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

agreed. key word is casuallly lol good luck!