Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Adam »

Thank you ladies, thank you.
I'm sure that this has already been suggested, but for those of you dealing with boyfriends/fiances/husbands, perhaps some positive reinforcement might help your cause. I'm sure you could think of something with which to reward your significant other for reading these books - that is until they develop an interest of their own in the story.
withAlice
Settled in Forks

Post by withAlice »

25... and male. Started Twilight a few weeks because of a recommendation from a friend, just finished New Moon last weekend and will get started on Eclipse as soon as a I run out and buy it, haha. Amazingly, I've only caught a little bit of grief from friends, part of me believes a few of them have read the series too, they just won't admit to it.

The books are awesome and I look forward to finishing up the series! I also look forward to hanging around here... I'm sure everyone here is just as awesome as I am, haha. :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

^^Hey bro, Eclipse is an exiting read. Possibly my favorite book of the series. You will not be disappointed. Say, do you relate more with Jacob or Edward? Just curious.
Psychicpoptarts
Wandering Through Town

Post by Psychicpoptarts »

withAlice wrote:25... and male. Started Twilight a few weeks because of a recommendation from a friend, just finished New Moon last weekend and will get started on Eclipse as soon as a I run out and buy it, haha. Amazingly, I've only caught a little bit of grief from friends, part of me believes a few of them have read the series too, they just won't admit to it.

The books are awesome and I look forward to finishing up the series! I also look forward to hanging around here... I'm sure everyone here is just as awesome as I am, haha. :)
Oh, John. A friend? Thanks for throwing me under the bus. -throws away BFF bracelet she made for John-. Just kidding! Anyway.. Anyone here from the KC area? Me and John are *hopefully* having a Twilight movie party the weekend it comes out, and we'd love to meet up with some people from here! :D
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Anarey wrote:I did the most evil thing a person can do to get my boyfriend to go with me. I showed his 6 yr old daughter a trailer of the movie and made her want to go see a movie where a good (not to mention cute) vampire saves a girl from an accident and then saves her again from the bad guy. I kept the explanation to her in a Disney's princess level and now she not only is annoying her father to death about the movie but wants me to read the novel to her :twisted:
Oh, that's just so bad, but too funny! What are you going to do when his daughter wants you to read all of the books to her? The birth scene can always be omitted I guess. It's not really Disney princess material but if you wanna teach her about the importance of birth control or scare her into not having kids someday, you can always share it with her later!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Adam

Post by Adam »

^^ Good observation, but I'd say that reading the "birth" chapter to the 6yr old girl would more likely scar her than scare her. Sheesh, I'm barely getting over it myself.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Adam wrote:^^ Good observation, but I'd say that reading the "birth" chapter to the 6yr old girl would more likely scar her than scare her. Sheesh, I'm barely getting over it myself.
haha! I was just going to say 6 year old girl? What about the rest of us? It was a bit of a sensory overload for me. Births are messy, but I found this particular birth to be somewhat disturbing, just my opinion!
Team Edward:
Because...
Adam

Post by Adam »

Seriously, I was weak in the knees well before Renesme broke Bella's pelvis. No joke.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Agh. Yeah, that sent me over the deep end. I know babies can occassionally crack a rib, but that many?? I was praying for a c-section asap.
Team Edward:
Because...
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

I was talking with my mom ... an elder Twilighter ... and she told me, "Well, births are messy dear."

I was like, "Thanks mom. Hope you're not looking for grandchildren any time soon."
Bizarre Star wrote:Ohh! I'm an Austin girl too! I'm pretty sure that several places will have midnight showing. I'm going with my best friend, her roommate and her boyfriend, and his family.
I'm hoping the Alamo has one. They always have awesome midnight showings ... or at least they did for The Dark Knight. Plus, the Alamos are like the coolest theaters ever.
Adam wrote:^^Hey bro, Eclipse is an exiting read. Possibly my favorite book of the series. You will not be disappointed.
Totally Adam, totally. Have you guys (and by guys I do mean the two males we have in here) read the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun? If so, how do you feel reading Edward's perspective?

And for everyone else, what did you think? I loved it. Fingers crossed Stephenie goes back on her "indefinite hiatus" thoughts.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.