Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by vampire_elf »

Thanks for the tip with hulu. I'll give it a try. i remember when the launched it and it was in the media here and I was like "Yeah, cool thing" and then it was only available for Us viewers (but I think that was the beta version). So, hopefully I can watch it by now.
I'll let you know if it works. If it does, my boyfriend won't see much of me... :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Quick QUestion...Do any of you have a digital reader?
I'm longing for one....Borders has a new one coming out Dec 2, but its $500+ You do get 100 free ebooks tho...

EDITED: OMGosh I just saw $1.99 gas prices *choke* It was on the news...in another state...but wow!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

*opens door* crreeeaaakkkk...clompclompclompclomp *footsteps echo through hollow room...*
"anyone out there?"
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

I'm here... *waves* What happend to all the twenty somethings on this board? This thread is awfully quiet! We have to revive it! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

yea! someone is out there! Now i have nothing very interesting to say lol...besides that I just saw the video stills of Kristen and Cam at the madrid premier...
#1 He has such kind eyes...I know that sounds...girly and swoony...but when you really look into his eyes, they look so kind!
#2 Kristen was GLOWING...she looks soooo beautiful when she smiles...(And no I don't mean that in a mean way!)
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I'm here...just haven't had much to say :)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

lol...Jen...your sig is...awesome lol

do any of you keep journals? I just broke into mine cause I couldnt find the key...my lat entry was june, 2007 and before that june 2006...so once a year..lol...
I had kept a journal that i had in the 6th grade...the first entry was how we had just gone to war with iraq...(the first time..lol) I had spelled Saddam Hussein's name 'whosayin'...lol...poor me!
Anyway I am going to try very hard to keep it up to date... ;)
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

I am here!! Just haven't had much to say.
MRK wrote:Quick QUestion...Do any of you have a digital reader?
I'm longing for one....Borders has a new one coming out Dec 2, but its $500+ You do get 100 free ebooks tho...

EDITED: OMGosh I just saw $1.99 gas prices *choke* It was on the news...in another state...but wow!
I want the new Amazon Kindle. It was Oprah's new favorite gadget last Friday and it has gotten very good reviews. I am asking for it for Christmas- I told my mom "I really really really want this. I don't care if it is the ONLY thing I get. I just really really really want it!!"

Gas here was $2.22 last night!! I am so excited as well. I just can't believe that it is still going down...

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

kkswmmr114 wrote:I am here!! Just haven't had much to say.
MRK wrote:Quick QUestion...Do any of you have a digital reader?

I want the new Amazon Kindle. It was Oprah's new favorite gadget last Friday and it has gotten very good reviews. I am asking for it for Christmas- I told my mom "I really really really want this. I don't care if it is the ONLY thing I get. I just really really really want it!!"

Gas here was $2.22 last night!! I am so excited as well. I just can't believe that it is still going down...
I just googled the kindle and it looks great! But the one at borders you get 100 free ebooks, while kindle's books are $9.99 a piece. (for bestsellers and new releases) I mean I bought Twilight for less than $9...so I wonder how much their older books are. I love that you can download a book from anywhere at anytime! Awesome...I so want it. I don't want to have to wait until X-mas lol!
Maybe I should get it now and ask for books for x-mas lol
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

MRK wrote: I just googled the kindle and it looks great! But the one at borders you get 100 free ebooks, while kindle's books are $9.99 a piece. (for bestsellers and new releases) I mean I bought Twilight for less than $9...so I wonder how much their older books are. I love that you can download a book from anywhere at anytime! Awesome...I so want it. I don't want to have to wait until X-mas lol!
Maybe I should get it now and ask for books for x-mas lol
Yeah, I don't like how the books are $9.99 each either... but they said they are that or cheaper. So I'm thinking older ones are going to be cheaper. I like how you can do it from anywhere too!! You don't even have to be near wireless internet either apparently... very cool.

That is a good idea to get it now and then ask for books later. Oh!! Order by November 1st and type in the coke OPRAHWINFREY when you check out, and you will get $50 off. FYI. Details are on Oprah's website... but I'm pretty sure that is the code...

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army