Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

BellaMorte
Settled in Forks

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by BellaMorte »

Elizabeth wrote: I'm now avoiding clubs and bars for the obvious reasons that need not be listed, so what's left?
Clearly, there's nothing for it but to create our own perfect men via some kind of supernatural, Frankenstein-like method. Alas, that we have no other resort! (hand to forehead, dramatic)

;)

FYI, the worst experience I had? I was sitting with my friend in a bar and this guy sat down between us without asking, put his arm over the back of the chair and proceeded to slur at me about being 'whoa pretty'. I smiled awkwardly and tried to catch my friend's eye? And he turned to her and said I smiled a lot. My friend, trying to deflect attention says, yes, I'm very optimistic. This guy blinks and asks her what that meant.

I think I almost wound up inhaling half my cocktail.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

argh! How unattractive! I hate to be mean, but when it's obvious that someone just doesn't get it, they need to hear the truth, they need to go away!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

Dang. I feel for you ladies, I really do. But, it sounds to me like your doing the right things at least. Ex: you have the sense to run if a guy is intimidated by your vocabulary, and you're avoiding bars, you have your standards, etc...
You know, it is unusual for a guy to get unwanted attention from an inebriated gal, and when it does happen we are more than equipped to handle the situation without feeling threatened. In return all we have to complain about is having to make the first move, possibly risking embarrassment when we are interested in someone. I guess I'm saying that in that respect we have the better end of the deal. Keep your heads up ladies
;)
BellaMorte
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMorte »

Haha, hey Adam!

I hope our little discussion regarding horror social moments doesn't scare you off! I don't always think guys have it easy, though. I remember back in high school when one of the more popular guys clearly liked me and was happy to chat to me in class, but around his friends morphed into this unpleasant jock, I kept thinking on occasion that he must feel enormous pressure to behave a certain way if his personality can change so drastically, moment to moment.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Nope, not scared. What you said makes me think though, I didn’t even know who the heck I was in high school. Never went from being a nice guy to a jerk, ( I was always nice) but I was fairly insecure and self-conscious. Now I just take myself too seriously, but at least I'm aware of it. That helps.
At any rate the situation is totally different now.

Is this turning into the Dating Thread? :o
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Adam wrote: Is this turning into the Dating Thread? :o
Hmm...this is something I would have not foreseen about 10 months ago when we only had like 3 guys on board :P, still, given the new influx of the Y chromosome.... nah... we can't have a dating thread...lol

Ladies let's not overwhelm our guys, let's move our dating tips to PM's and get back on track here (wait, what track?) lol.
Here is a new question for you: ( I assume everyone here is either in college age ) If Bella was to pursuit a major at Dartmouth (think outside the box, I know she's got other things in mind now, but Edward got a house over there, so let's think that they still decide to go and spend some time there), what would you think she would like to major in? and why?
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

steph wrote:Does anyone ever compare their significant others to edward, jacob, etc?
More than I should. My boyfriend is my Jacob, who came into my life when I was depressed over losing my Edward and helped me get distracted and feel happy. He's obsessed with wolves and hates my ex a lot. He tries to prove me all the time that he is better than my ex, but he fails miserably. Still I love him and it would hurt if he leaves me.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Nena wrote:Here is a new question for you: ( I assume everyone here is either in college age ) If Bella was to pursuit a major at Dartmouth (think outside the box, I know she's got other things in mind now, but Edward got a house over there, so let's think that they still decide to go and spend some time there), what would you think she would like to major in? and why?
I have to say, Bella's obvious choice (for me) would have been English Literature, particularly 1800s lit like Austen and the Bronte sisters. She never was one for science, even though she was good at it. I think English would be a good fit, since she loves books so much; she's constantly reading and re-reading, and at the beginning of Twilight she's desperately seeking a bookstore. :) I have to admit a bias, however, as I majored in English and Journalism at my university. ;)

I'm inclined to think that some day she'll go on to school, just like all the rest of the Cullens have done. It will probably be in a few years, when Renesmee can pass for a high schooler.

(Imagine how weird that's going to be ... "being in the same grade" as your mom and dad?! "Good going on that pop quiz today, Mom ...")
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I'm inclined to think that some day she'll go on to school, just like all the rest of the Cullens have done. It will probably be in a few years, when Renesmee can pass for a high schooler.
Yes and probably she'll study medicine someday to keep Carlisle updated like some of the Cullen-"kids" did.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I thought that Bella would major in English while at Dartmouth. It just seemed the likely route since see liked literature so much. I'm not sure what majors are offered there, but I also thought of something science-related, maybe Molecular Biology, something that doesn't have blood!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back