Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Court »

awesome :) hope you enjoy it here
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Cantbreathe: I've never been west of Texas so I can't offer any cities from my own experience :( I'd love to go see Seattle, actually, I heard Washington state is just gorgeous.

So most of you know I've been asking around for tips on places to meet new people, preferably a cute single guy. I kept getting coffeeshops as an answer, so I thought, why not? Today I went to Starbucks for curiosity's sake and I got nada! I think I'm gonna hit Barnes and Noble tomorrow. I need to look up some books members have been talking about on threads, so now I have a reason to go.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Elizabeth wrote:Cantbreathe: I've never been west of Texas so I can't offer any cities from my own experience :( I'd love to go see Seattle, actually, I heard Washington state is just gorgeous.
Seattle and Portland are so freakin' cool. I live in Austin, and Seattle actually reminded me a lot of here, with the exception that it seemed to take forever to get around Seattle. And I highly recommend San Francisco and San Diego. 8-)

As for where to meet people... I met my husband at a pool hall. And I suck at pool. Go figure. :D
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I love pool, but I suck at it too! I don't have any real friends here, so I don't think I'd be going to a pool hall anytime soon.

I've heard San Francisco and San Diego were pretty. I've always wanted to visit Napa Valley. I could never live in California though, it's a bit pricey! My stepsister lives in Las Vegas and she loves it. I don't know if everyone could live there, but she likes to drive to cities and states nearby. It's definitely a good place to be if you're looking for new things to do every week.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Elizabeth wrote:So most of you know I've been asking around for tips on places to meet new people, preferably a cute single guy. I kept getting coffeeshops as an answer, so I thought, why not? Today I went to Starbucks for curiosity's sake and I got nada! I think I'm gonna hit Barnes and Noble tomorrow. I need to look up some books members have been talking about on threads, so now I have a reason to go
haha i'll cross my fingers for ya!
mcdowellswife
Wandering Through Town

Post by mcdowellswife »

I'm partial to military men (having been in the military and having married a military man) so if I were you....I'd start looking around military posts and National Guard armories.

Yummmy....
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Alternative Moon wrote:Im 22, and I'm reading the books for the 2. time now. I just couldn't stand leaving Forks, so I had to start over. I'm one of the, now rather many, guys who have found twilight by now. Always nice having female friends who know me well enough to propose such a series.
Welcome, welcome. It's always great to "see" new faces around the thread. :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

CantBreathe wrote:Portland is on my list too! I really need to do a run up the coast and check out all along there, not sure why but I am so drawn to the area... of course Twilight probably added to that. As for Forks, 4+ hours is nothing... I would probably drive even further in a hearbeat :lol: It sounds like you have lived all over, I'm jealous. Would you recommend the PN over Austin then?
mcdowellswife wrote:Avoid Iowa. It sucks cornhusks.
hahaha I am pretty open minded but, to be honest, the midwest as a whole never seemed that appealing to me. Thanks for verifying for me! ;)
I've lived on all three coasts (in California, Oregon, Massachusetts, Connecticut and now Texas). I haven't lived in any of the larger cities in Oregon or in Washington, so I can't say how good they'd be for a 20-something. But, I have heard things that make me think they'd be awesome.

I really (really) prefer the weather of the PN. But that's just because I dig temperate, rainforesty climates. I think there's a lot of things to do in both areas.

As for the midwest, does Chicago count as the midwest? I've always wanted to visit there. (And now I want to go search for the Masen house. :lol: )
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Elizabeth wrote:

I've heard San Francisco and San Diego were pretty. I've always wanted to visit Napa Valley. I could never live in California though, it's a bit pricey!
I LOVE Napa Valley...One reason I am excited to move to Bakersfield, CA is because Napa is only a 4 hr. drive! So we will be taking lots of weekend trips up there I'm sure. I just Love Cali, period. Every part is a little different. Northern is a little more hippy/free spirited, Southern is a little more fast paced fun. I am a total west coaster though. I lived in DC, and I actually loved it there as well, but New York and the like is just to stiff for me. I think DC is a little different because people come from across the country to live and work in DC.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Thanks for all the input everyone! I spent a lot of summers in San Diego growing up and my uncle still lives there. I love San Diego and also had the opportunity to visit LA a few times while I was there. California is way pricy, which is a big turnoff for me since I am poor ;) Unfortunately, I went to school for film so LA seems the best place to go to find work.
Elizabeth- You should try the cafe at Barnes & Noble while you're there! I also think you might have better luck at an independent coffee shop as opposed to Starbucks, but that may just be my personal opinion of the people that frequent such places.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!