Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Idaho. So Glam.
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Tamalyn »

Oh my word! I just got done watching The Office. Loved it. I had been counting down the days until it came back. I am really into TV, so my other fall shows that I am stoked about -
-Grey's Anatomy (I missed it tonight)
-Supernanny
-Lost ( doesn't premiere until January, but I am so pumped!!)

That's all for now. I have a ton of books on my 'to read' list, and I'm going to try and read at least 50 in 2009. Any suggestions for great reads?
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

Yeah for the Office...I was so happy at the rest stop! Ahhh....sigh :D
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Idaho. So Glam.
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Tamalyn »

awesomejen1 wrote:Yeah for the Office...I was so happy at the rest stop! Ahhh....sigh :D

I know what you mean! I wanted to stand up and applaud.

I found that quote I was telling you guys about! (from the other day when we were talking about life's heavy decisions) -

“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
—Howard Thurman
mandustries
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Waiting for the next rainstorm ... in Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by mandustries »

awesomejen1 wrote:So another topic...what new fall show are you most excited for? I am personally stoked to watch The Office tonight...I have been dying to find out what will happen! I am also excited for Desperate Housewives & Brothers & Sisters...
I'm really looking forward to Pushing Daisies returning ... that Ned, he's a cutie. ;) Also, Fringe is really good if you like the SciFi/Thriller vein ... and then (and I'm showing how truly nerdy I am here) Sanctuary on the SciFi channel, haha.
awesomejen1 wrote:Yeah for the Office...I was so happy at the rest stop! Ahhh....sigh :D
AGH! SPOILERS! :lol:
Image
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

mandustries wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:So another topic...what new fall show are you most excited for? I am personally stoked to watch The Office tonight...I have been dying to find out what will happen! I am also excited for Desperate Housewives & Brothers & Sisters...
I'm really looking forward to Pushing Daisies returning ... that Ned, he's a cutie. ;) Also, Fringe is really good if you like the SciFi/Thriller vein ... and then (and I'm showing how truly nerdy I am here) Sanctuary on the SciFi channel, haha.
awesomejen1 wrote:Yeah for the Office...I was so happy at the rest stop! Ahhh....sigh :D
AGH! SPOILERS! :lol:
I was trying to be discreet...


I love pushing daisies too...I love how bright it is! I also love Grey's Anatomy...which sucks because it's on at the same time as the Office...thank goodness I have a DVR!
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
mandustries
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Waiting for the next rainstorm ... in Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by mandustries »

awesomejen1 wrote: I love pushing daisies too...I love how bright it is! I also love Grey's Anatomy...which sucks because it's on at the same time as the Office...thank goodness I have a DVR!
I could pretty much kiss whomever invented the DVR.

Have any of you Gen-Y Lexers read any other YA vampire novels, or vampire novels in general? I was in a bookstore a while ago and there was a display of "Books you'll like if you liked Twilight" but none of them seemed all that interesting. I think vampires are neat, and I love both fantasy and science fiction, but I've never found myself drawn to read "typical" vampire novels like those by Anne Rice.
Image
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

mandustries wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote: I love pushing daisies too...I love how bright it is! I also love Grey's Anatomy...which sucks because it's on at the same time as the Office...thank goodness I have a DVR!
I could pretty much kiss whomever invented the DVR.

Have any of you Gen-Y Lexers read any other YA vampire novels, or vampire novels in general? I was in a bookstore a while ago and there was a display of "Books you'll like if you liked Twilight" but none of them seemed all that interesting. I think vampires are neat, and I love both fantasy and science fiction, but I've never found myself drawn to read "typical" vampire novels like those by Anne Rice.
I love twilight...I really do, but I don't think it can unseat my favorite all time vampire novel...well, ok, it's like neck and neck...But Interview with the Vampire = awesome. It made me fall in love with the Vampire world. And the movie is a great adaptation, I hope Twilight is the same. Who can't love Brad Pitt as Louis and Tom Cruise as Lestat. I don't really like Tom, but I loved him in this movie!
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:09 am
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by la_tua_cantante »

awesomejen1 wrote:...But Interview with the Vampire = awesome.

That was the first vamp novel I read and it was fabulous, although Anne Rice's writing is a bit long-winded sometimes. I also read Lestat and Merrick by her.

I've tried to read a couple pages of those books that the HBO series TrueBlood is based on and couldn't stand them, and I've also gone searching for more vampire books to read. Twilight has made me a total fang snob; they annoy me and I think they're silly now that the idea of vampires with venom is in my mind. :D

I'm currently reading Morrigan's Cross, by Nora Roberts, because a fellow Twilighter recommended it and it's pretty ok. The vampires it in are pretty scary, but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.
Image
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Image
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: NC

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

Did anyone catch the season premier of Grey's last night?
It was AWESOME! Although I wish we got to see more of Callie & Dr. Hahn... I love them.
Image
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2528
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am
Location: Shopping with Alice ~ Wilmington, NC
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm missing all the season premieres,argh! I missed House, which I love. And I got away from ER, but this is the last season! I already heard that someone died in the second episode, ick. I'm so out of the loop. So far, I've only watched Smallville and Supernatural. I can't complain, Supernatural is going to be great this season! I always have a hard time remembering what I watched the previous season, anyone else have that problem?
Image
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Locked