Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by MRK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 am

lag28wa wrote:
To this day his step sister has not said congratulations. We talked about doing a renewel later to which her response was "Its not the same!" Well too bad. Right now neither of us want to do a renewal any time soon, our wedding day was perfect as it was.

LOL she is soooo Alice! Maybe you should buy her a car to make up for it ;)

Your wedding looks very beautiful! And wow that cake is awesome!
Every once in awhile i think of re-doing our wedding and making it a big event where everyone could come...but I get chills of fright just thinking of a big production!

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:52 pm

lag28wa wrote: Only some of his family members and his step sister were upset. To this day his step sister has not said congratulations. We talked about doing a renewel later to which her response was "Its not the same!" Well too bad.
I get the same thing from my brother...he and his wife are the type of people who always send a b-day gift, christmas gift, etc...well, they weren't able to go to the wedding, and they have never said congrats, sent a gift, nothing (not that I expected gifts, but it's kind of a slap in the face coming from them) But oh well, if they want to be pouty jerks, that is their problems.
You had a really lovely wedding, and it is awesome that the resturant was so accomadating!
pubesy wrote:besy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:21 am
poor rob..... i am the same way with him. i hate attention being poured onto me.
to me Kirsten seems kind of stand-off ish. She comes across as abrasive. is that just me?
I think the same thing...I almost feel like she didn't realize what she was getting into. She ready the story, and saw how awesome it was, but with the lower budget, I don't think she expected how huge it will be. To me, it almost feels like she thinks it cheapens the artistic aspect because it is also commercial. If that makes sense? I have worked on movies, and the indie actors seem to think commercial or blockbuster movies aren't as valid as the indie flicks, and that's how she comes across to me...

But I could be completely wrong...who really knows? JMHO!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:40 pm

OK just gotta throw this out there...my hubby is in Seattle on some microsoft thingy...and I'm learning that 3 hr time diff. is sooo annoying!

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:54 pm

MRK wrote:OK just gotta throw this out there...my hubby is in Seattle on some microsoft thingy...and I'm learning that 3 hr time diff. is sooo annoying!
Amen to that! I was at a 2 hour time difference at one point...it was so annoying!

lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:13 pm

I don't know how I feel about Kristen, I think she has the right look, but I don't know much about her mannerisms, I don't think I have seen anything that she was in aside from Panic Room and she was pretty young then, well she still is young, but even more so then.

Today my husband asked me how old Rob Pattinson is, I told him 21(that's right yes?) and he was like "Wow, you've got a crush on a 21 year old that plays a 19 year old?" And I said "Edward is 17" and he said "Jeez! You really are the creepy older woman!" Haha! I'm only 24 but that does make me feel kind of old...
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium

pubesy

Post by pubesy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:48 pm

there is nothing wrong with having a crush on a younger man - just as long as he is not jailbait!
*cough* Jacob *cough* (i am in love with his set of teeth!)

she always comes across as dismissive of the character she plays, like she is "better" than Bella. i dont know. but that is never a good sign.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

lag28wa

Post by lag28wa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

I agree with the dismissive thing, I know what you're saying there. I also agree with the people who say that Kristen does have any real range of emotion in her voice. I am just hoping her acting/facial expressions overshadow that.

Here's something different, someone sent me a link where a girl said she asked if she could touch Rob's hair at the Austin Film Festival and he let her, and she continued to run her fingers through his hair as he signed something for her. Then he told her that her hair smelled good and he put his hands in it and winked at her. Does this sound true???? If it is I am way jealous, but it seems nuts! I suggested that we could form a jealous Twilight fans mob and lynch her! Alright I'm kidding, but still jealous.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium

Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

lag28wa wrote:I don't know how I feel about Kristen, I think she has the right look, but I don't know much about her mannerisms, I don't think I have seen anything that she was in aside from Panic Room and she was pretty young then, well she still is young, but even more so then.

Today my husband asked me how old Rob Pattinson is, I told him 21(that's right yes?) and he was like "Wow, you've got a crush on a 21 year old that plays a 19 year old?" And I said "Edward is 17" and he said "Jeez! You really are the creepy older woman!" Haha! I'm only 24 but that does make me feel kind of old...

actually Rob is 22.. Im 24 also so its not so bad! he is only 2 years younger then us.

now I don't have a crush on jake anymore because of taylor playing him, But edward may be 17 but, he is older then us by A LOT=)
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 pm

lag28wa wrote: I suggested that we could form a jealous Twilight fans mob and lynch her! Alright I'm kidding, but still jealous.
hahahahahaha

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Lynzeee wrote:
lag28wa wrote:I don't know how I feel about Kristen, I think she has the right look, but I don't know much about her mannerisms, I don't think I have seen anything that she was in aside from Panic Room and she was pretty young then, well she still is young, but even more so then.

actually Rob is 22.. Im 24 also so its not so bad! he is only 2 years younger then us.

now I don't have a crush on jake anymore because of taylor playing him, But edward may be 17 but, he is older then us by A LOT=)
He was born in 1986, which for me is only one year younger, I feel no creepiness...jacob on the other hand would make me feel like a perve...