Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by MRK »

kkswmmr114 wrote:
That is a good idea to get it now and then ask for books later. Oh!! Order by November 1st and type in the coke OPRAHWINFREY when you check out, and you will get $50 off. FYI. Details are on Oprah's website... but I'm pretty sure that is the code...
I was trying to keep the whole Oprah tie-in on the down low (Hubby thinks she has brainwashed the world...lol...along with SM) but $50 off is tempting...
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

MRK wrote:
kkswmmr114 wrote:
That is a good idea to get it now and then ask for books later. Oh!! Order by November 1st and type in the coke OPRAHWINFREY when you check out, and you will get $50 off. FYI. Details are on Oprah's website... but I'm pretty sure that is the code...
I was trying to keep the whole Oprah tie-in on the down low (Hubby thinks she has brainwashed the world...lol...along with SM) but $50 off is tempting...
Lol!! Brainwashed... psh. My mom is, like, completely in love with Oprah!! It is hilarious. The $50 is tempting... I told my mom she better hurry for the deal if that is what I am getting for x-mas... I can't afford it even with the $50 off... :(

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

You made me curious with your talk about the kindle (until a minute ago I had no idea what that is). That looks interesting. I'm intrigued! But on the German amazon site there are only accessories but not the kindle itself :? Maybe it's not available in Europe yet...
But than again I'm very old fashioned and like to be able to skim through the pages of a book! :)

I'll have to ask my boyfriend about that. He studied electrical engineering so I can't buy any electronic devices without him anyway (he can decode all the technical data for me so that I know whether a device is really good or not).

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vampire_elf wrote:You made me curious with your talk about the kindle (until a minute ago I had no idea what that is). That looks interesting. I'm intrigued! But on the German amazon site there are only accessories but not the kindle itself :? Maybe it's not available in Europe yet...
But than again I'm very old fashioned and like to be able to skim through the pages of a book! :)

I'll have to ask my boyfriend about that. He studied electrical engineering so I can't buy any electronic devices without him anyway (he can decode all the technical data for me so that I know whether a device is really good or not).
There is also a new one coming out (not called a Kindle) from Borders in December (Here in the states anyway) Its more $$ though, I also read that there might be a Kindle 2 coming out in 2009...
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

WOW! :o :o :o

I didn't see the price before. I'll probably stick to normal books... At least I'll wait a bit longer before I reconsider buying something like that! The things are bound to get better and then cheaper after some time.

And about borders: i had never heard of that befor I came to that website :oops:

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vampire_elf wrote:WOW! :o :o :o

I didn't see the price before. I'll probably stick to normal books... At least I'll wait a bit longer before I reconsider buying something like that! The things are bound to get better and then cheaper after some time.

And about borders: i had never heard of that befor I came to that website :oops:
Sorry :( LOL...(I'm an arrogant American and assume everyone knows everything about living here!) ;)
I love Borders...you can just go in there and read books all day!

ps my husband and I have entered into negotiations over the kindle lol...to be continued...
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

Don't feel bad!! I live in Texas I didn't know what Borders was until I saw everyone talking about it in conjunction with Twilight so I looked it up. We don't have one where I live, but we do have a Barnes and Noble.

I really wish I had more time to read. But school is keeping me really busy. It is sad because I have so much I really wanna do but I can't because of school. On the days I am off from work I have homework. I have even asked off work just so I could work on homework. I can't wait until December 11th... last final exam!! Then I get a nice long Christmas break... yay!!!

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

MRK wrote:lol...Jen...your sig is...awesome lol

do any of you keep journals? I just broke into mine cause I couldnt find the key...my lat entry was june, 2007 and before that june 2006...so once a year..lol...
I had kept a journal that i had in the 6th grade...the first entry was how we had just gone to war with iraq...(the first time..lol) I had spelled Saddam Hussein's name 'whosayin'...lol...poor me!
Anyway I am going to try very hard to keep it up to date... ;)
Yeah, if I was a twilight character, and people had those little squares about me in thier siggys, that's what it would say...if I was clever, I would make one of those little box thingies for my siggy, but I don't know how...

I have a blog that I have been updating regularly, I enjoy it...and I was reading some old old posts I did, and I actually found a blog I wrote about the night I met my now husband...it's fun to read the past!
In my OLD journal, from when I was a kid, I was reading through it and a lot of the entries were about marrying Justin Timberlake...I also glued pictures in it...and drew, and i was a horrible artist haha. ahhh...the old times
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

MRK wrote: Sorry :( LOL...(I'm an arrogant American and assume everyone knows everything about living here!) ;)
I love Borders...you can just go in there and read books all day!

ps my husband and I have entered into negotiations over the kindle lol...to be continued...
Nothing to be sorry for! :) Not your fault that we're always the last ones to get anything or to know about anything (although I'm used to it by now). Without this board I'd probably only know the Twilight books and that a movie is coming out soon! So I'm thankful for all the information you guys are providing! :D
Borders sounds like heaven to me, btw!!!! I love bookstores!

Good luck for your negotiations! I keep my fingers crossed! ;)

la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

awesomejen1 wrote:
MRK wrote:lol...Jen...your sig is...awesome lol

do any of you keep journals?
Yep, I'm on LiveJournal and it's mostly be babbling about Rob and how he's so gorgeous and Twilight. I also keep it updated with links to my fanfiction pieces. My name on there is il_mio_cantante.

EEP THE MOVIE COMES OUT IN 3 WEEKS HERE!!!
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.