Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

User avatar
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: In my personal Edward's arms

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by vampire_elf » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am

Wingtear wrote:Hi, I'm 24 (25 in a month) so I move in here. Was getting worried that there were only teenagers here :?
Welcome! :) I had the same worries in the beginning but in fact there are is quite a big "older" crowd here on the boards! :D

Totally off topic (do we have ha topic here???): I think I got my mother (in her early 50's) hooked on Twilight. She was like "this book is trash (we have a way nicer world in German for that, that even sounds kind of charming, so my translation might be a bit faulty - sorry!) but I can't stop reading"! :lol: Lets see if see asks me to lend her New Moon!
Image

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter

User avatar
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Sad...Twilight is so not trash! Well, at least she is reading it!

I bought my tickets too...I am actually going to a hosted dinner before hand where they will be serving a Bella and Edward inspired dinner, Mushroom Ravioli, Breadsticks, coke..all that stuff, yummy!
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!

User avatar
MRK
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by MRK » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:46 pm

awesomejen1 wrote:Sad...Twilight is so not trash! Well, at least she is reading it!

I bought my tickets too...I am actually going to a hosted dinner before hand where they will be serving a Bella and Edward inspired dinner, Mushroom Ravioli, Breadsticks, coke..all that stuff, yummy!
That sounds fun!

My MIL is reading it now...she is to book 4 and she is trying to play it off as if she isnt hooked, but she is sooo hooked :) She even asked my SIL and I what we did after the 4th one and there was nothing left to read lol.
Image

User avatar
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:09 am
Location: in Finland, making out with a werewolf
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Wingtear » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:50 pm

I believe these books holds an interest for so many ages because as far as what they do with their emotions, it's all up to ones own imagination and experiences, and that makes them just as thrilling for the mature woman (awful expression really...) as it is for the 14 year old.
Image
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK

User avatar
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by mistytwilight85 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Hey I'm new on the forum. I'm 23, and just found this thread so I figured i'd jump on and say hi.

I haven't bought my tickets yet. I probably should though. There are a TON of Twilight fans in my town. We have a university in town so all the college kids are probably going to go. My sorority is 75% Twilight fans (out of about 35-40) and they are all planning on going.

Have you guys that have bought them early got them on fandango or another website?

User avatar
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: In my personal Edward's arms

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by vampire_elf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 am

awesomejen1 wrote:Sad...Twilight is so not trash! Well, at least she is reading it!
I totally agree. But as I said, I think my translation is faulty. What she means is that it's more like a guilty pleasure, something you shouldn't be doing because there are other things to do and it's nothing "sensible" but you still can't stop reading it. :D In a way I think the books don't meet her literary requirements but you should see the smile on her face and her voice when she gushes about the book. Priceless! :lol:
In the end I think she's just slightly embarrassed that she can't stop reading something that she would normally consider inadequate for her age! 8-)
Image

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter

User avatar
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:09 am
Location: in Finland, making out with a werewolf
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Wingtear » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 am

I really should buy my ticket, especially as I'm leaving my country to see it (it opens January 9th here, November 21st in Sweden... who's waiting? Not me!) and it really would suck to be left outside because it's sold out.
But I'm kinda waiting and hoping to find someone to come with me, no of my friends have read TW and I doubt I'll convert them in time (they'll have to make arrangements for children, dogs, computers...) so it will probably be me, alone, surrounded by 12-14 year olds in the salon... Wohoo...
Well, at least no one will bother how much popcorn I eat (popcorn-oholic) and neither will they care about my candybag... :mrgreen:
Image
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK

User avatar
MRK
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by MRK » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am

mistytwilight85 wrote:Hey I'm new on the forum. I'm 23, and just found this thread so I figured i'd jump on and say hi.

I haven't bought my tickets yet. I probably should though. There are a TON of Twilight fans in my town. We have a university in town so all the college kids are probably going to go. My sorority is 75% Twilight fans (out of about 35-40) and they are all planning on going.

Have you guys that have bought them early got them on fandango or another website?
I bought mine from movietickets.com I think if you buy from there now you get a free poster or something...
Image

User avatar
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:07 am

vampire_elf wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:Sad...Twilight is so not trash! Well, at least she is reading it!
I totally agree. But as I said, I think my translation is faulty. What she means is that it's more like a guilty pleasure, something you shouldn't be doing because there are other things to do and it's nothing "sensible" but you still can't stop reading it. :D In a way I think the books don't meet her literary requirements but you should see the smile on her face and her voice when she gushes about the book. Priceless! :lol:
In the end I think she's just slightly embarrassed that she can't stop reading something that she would normally consider inadequate for her age! 8-)
Ahh...makes sense...
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!

User avatar
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: In my personal Edward's arms

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by vampire_elf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Wingtear wrote:I really should buy my ticket, especially as I'm leaving my country to see it (it opens January 9th here, November 21st in Sweden... who's waiting? Not me!) and it really would suck to be left outside because it's sold out.
But I'm kinda waiting and hoping to find someone to come with me, no of my friends have read TW and I doubt I'll convert them in time (they'll have to make arrangements for children, dogs, computers...) so it will probably be me, alone, surrounded by 12-14 year olds in the salon... Wohoo...
Well, at least no one will bother how much popcorn I eat (popcorn-oholic) and neither will they care about my candybag... :mrgreen:
Can I come along? I love popcorn and candy... :D But I would need to book a flight from Austria to Sweden (still cheaper than to the US)... :lol:
Your're still better off than I am. I rather go and see it alone than wait until the 16th of January! I'll probably have to stay away from the boards until then or I'll now everytrhing about the movie without ever seeing it... :roll:

awsomejen1: the dictonary gave me the word trash as a translation for the German word we use (the word is Schund). So, blame it on the dictionary! 8-)
Image

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter

Locked