For XY Discussion Only!!

swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by swedishskinjer »

Does this article about Breaking Dawn annoy anyone else?

MOD EDIT: Removed

They particularly have no clue about Renesmee. She is not a normal baby, and imprinting is more about companionship than crazed love.
Last edited by bac on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

swedishskinjer wrote:Does this article about Breaking Dawn annoy anyone else?

MOD EDIT

They particularly have no clue about Renesmee. She is not a normal baby, and imprinting is more about companionship than crazed love.
I must say, the write of this article is definitely not very well-versed in the twilight series, but I actually found it to be funny to read a "layman" point of view on the story...
I love people who trash others to make themselves seem cooler.
Did you read comment #4 on there? Basically said that if you in any way defended the story in Breaking Dawn, you completely forfeited your right to exist as a human being, and openly and irretrievably declared your self an utter **** idiot and, I believe he said, "complete meat popsicle"?? only with a lot more swearing...
I truly enjoy reading things from people who try to be smart but are unable to take their vocabulary out of the realm of profanity every one in three words, and then postcard "big words", like pedophilia, or some such...
Thank you for sharing this, I thought it was comical gold..
God I love idiots, they make me smile! lol

(truly though, the guy is pretty stupid, thinking Renesmee is telepathic... freaking moron)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Steelsoul
Settled in Forks

Post by Steelsoul »

I figured I should go ahead and introduce myself.

Newly registered to the forums, I am a Twilight guy as well.

Been hooked on Twilight ever since I looked at the amusing cover in the book store. Never stopped ever since, even going out of my way to order the english versions of the books, so I didn't have to wait for them to get translated.

Anyways, the point is: Hi, how are you guys doing ?
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Hi steelsoul, I am doing well.
Welcome to our thread, no one posts on here anymore, which is a bummer, I started this thread for us guys only, but it died out just before we got 100 pages and were able to start a new thread...
Maybe we can pick it back up, now?
that would be cool
A little aside:
Your name makes me think of the SoulSteal spell from CastleVania: Symphony of the Night. You know: backwards, forwards, roll down to backwards again, forward + square and circle?
Whatever, you suck the life out of your enemies with it, it's pretty cool.
Easiest way to beat the giant ball of animated corpses without too much trouble.
Um, yeah welcome.
Any thoughts you want to discuss, twilight-related or otherwise?
We welcome your input.
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

They call me hadouken because I'm down-right fierce.

(Not my line.)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

So I want to get to 100+ pages...so here we go:

Does anyone play any video games? If so, which ones/platforms?
Anyone watch/have an interest in anime?
Has anyone read any interesting books lately and would like to recommend to the guys here (and girls who snoop our forum)?

Feel free to answer them all or pick
ImageImageImageImage
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Video games: A big, resounding YES! :D

At the moment, playing Final Fantasy: Dissidia (PSP), Pokemon Platinum (DS), Torchlight (PC). I also play World of Warcraft (PC) but haven't gone on in a while. Favorite genres: roleplaying games, fighting games (a la Street Fighter), puzzle games.

Anime: Yes. Was first exposed to Voltes V, then Sailor Moon. My next exposure (and love) is Magic Knight Rayearth. I've also seen Fushigi Yuugi, Read or Die (both the OAV and the series), Yuyu Hakusho, Flame of Recca, Ruruoni Kenshin, Card Captor Sakura (the sub, not the awful dub they did of it here), bits and pieces of Macross and Gundam... I try to take anime in when I can. I don't really care for Dragonball, though.

Books: This one I have been slacking on. I still have to finish one of the last books of The Wheel of Time series...
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Hello XY's!

I have a question for you. Would you like to continue this thread here or merge it with the Twiguys thread on Flight to Phoenix? I will admit I have not really read through the threads to see if there is a difference, so I need your opinion. Would you like to keep the threads separate, or have one place for all male twilight fans to congregate?

Let me know.
Thanks-
bac

Here is a link to the Twiguys thread on Flight to Phoenix - HERE
by Laniyeah on photobucket
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Hi bac- and thanks for asking. :)

As originally intended, the Twiguys thread was meant to be a place where Twigals can meet and get to know Twiguys. However at one point, I believe it was SenorGimp who suggested a thread where only guys could post so we could talk about "guy stuff." Hence, this XY thread.

My humble opinion is to keep them separate, seeing as they have two different purposes. (As an aside, at one point the Twiguys thread became an extension of the (old) Unitedness thread, and I personally do not want to deal with all that. The IM-like posts drive me nuts.)
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

That is what I needed to know. I haven't looked at the Twiguys thread so I didn't know if there were different purposes. It is good to have a place to go that is just for you. So, ENJOY! (You are almost at 100 pages, if you have anything different you would like about a new thread, as far as name or rules or anything then let me know.)
by Laniyeah on photobucket