What are you reading

talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading

Post by talirhee »

Uhh, well. I mentioned in passing to my Pa that I liked books. That afternoon he sent me home with every book he had in the house. :shock:
So right now Im trying to get through 569735937869376345903485 romance novels. LOL!

I know this is about what I'm currently reading, but, has anyone here read "Johnny Got His Gun"?
It's the most amazing and influential piece of writing I have ever laid eyes on! It completely changed the way I think. I don't think there's any higher compliment than that.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

I'm reading The Great Gatsby. It's SO GOOD. I love it so far. :]

I also started reading some short stories by Franz Kafka, and I'm so impressed by them. But they are kind of intense, so I don't think I can read more than one in a day. Lol.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

I'm currently reading the last book in the Belgariad i should be studying instead of reading non-school books all the time but i can't help myself there simply isn't anything else to do late at night :P
I bought six new books the other day (much to my parents disappointment) but i probably won't get round to reading them for a while yet i still have over 25 books backed up from my over-zealous book acquisition of the past year :lol:
Methinks i shall have a go at reading Interview with the Vampire next and at some point i need to finish reading Innocent Traitor and i also want to re-read Eclipse once my sister is finished with it. Oops that's quite a list maybe after my exams i shall start with that.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
one_tuff_muffin
Wandering Through Town
Location: FLoating in an ocean of tie dye with the beatles playing in the background

Post by one_tuff_muffin »

I just finished.. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. I've read all of her books, but this one is the saddest. by far.
Also..I'm just about to start Prom Nights From Hell. More on my next list are: Bliss by Lauren Myracle, Speak, and White is for Magic [forgot those two authors! yikes], which i'm going to start after Prom nights.

If anyone has read the book Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan, Please PM me! I haven't found anyone whose read it so far! (:

After all of those I'm going to read the classic, The Bell Jar.

*wipes forehead* wow that was a doozie! Sorry for taking up space :P
Edward- my official :}bamf{: of all time
<3Pastry Sisters<3
Proud member of the Dorks United crew
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Ah i read Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson quite a while back i found it pretty depressing but then it is quite a serious book. i wouldn't mind seeing the film to see how Kristen did in it.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I'm reading Eclipse again, for the sixth time and I know I need to get on to something else but I love those books. I'm on the part right now where the Wolves are taking in the Cullen's fighting techniques and Jacob licks Bella's face.
crazycarrie22
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by crazycarrie22 »

i just got finished with "Life as we knew it" last night i thought it was pretty good.
now im going to start reading Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman and probably Tuck Everlasting cause my sister said it was amazing.
And thennn, after that i think im going to start The Giver...i've had it for a while now, but just recently suddenly EVERYONE is reading it.
oh and also i still gotta finish the last few chapters in breaking dawn for the 6th time... bahaha. what can i say?
:]
-I'm on The List-
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I'm re-reading Breaking Dawn since I've been meaning to for a while now. I probably won't get far with exams a week away. I'm considering Ink Death after that.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

crazycarrie22 wrote:i just got finished with "Life as we knew it" last night i thought it was pretty good.
now im going to start reading Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman and probably Tuck Everlasting cause my sister said it was amazing.
And thennn, after that i think im going to start The Giver...i've had it for a while now, but just recently suddenly EVERYONE is reading it.
oh and also i still gotta finish the last few chapters in breaking dawn for the 6th time... bahaha. what can i say?
:]
I read The Giver a while back...I loved it. Gathering Blue wasn't as good though, or I didn't think so at least.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Carrisa wrote:I'm re-reading Breaking Dawn since I've been meaning to for a while now. I probably won't get far with exams a week away. I'm considering Ink Death after that.
Read it!!
It's really good. I give it two thumbs up. :P
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com