and now im starting The Truth About Forever -Sarah Dessen
I used to be MyLifeAddictionEdward
Banner By Mayde
Oli Sykes is LOVE
librarybooks
Wandering Through Town

Re: What are you reading

Post by librarybooks »

cullengirl wrote:I finished "Spanking Shakespeare" over the weekend. It was a great, quick read. Very funny, I laughed out loud many times.

I'm going to be starting "Graceling" by Kishore. I've heard that it's a good book for TW fans. I dunno, Tw saga is one hard series to follow.

Oleander, Lynzeee, and Skylar- Enjoy the Brothers! I hope you like them as much as the other Gutter Girls do. :D

I am really excited to read Graceling. I have heard great things too!

Read the Mortal Instruments series this weekend - City of Bones and City of Ashes. Now I have to painfully wait until March for the last book.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

librarybooks wrote:Read the Mortal Instruments series this weekend - City of Bones and City of Ashes. Now I have to painfully wait until March for the last book.
I liked Ashes better than Bones and Clare seems to be improving with each book so I'm looking forward to Glass a lot.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
librarybooks
Wandering Through Town

Post by librarybooks »

nissanmama wrote:
librarybooks wrote:Read the Mortal Instruments series this weekend - City of Bones and City of Ashes. Now I have to painfully wait until March for the last book.
I liked Ashes better than Bones and Clare seems to be improving with each book so I'm looking forward to Glass a lot.
I totally agree with you. That happens to me a lot with series (liking the second book more.) It must be because the author can dive right into the story and continue to devlop existing characters.

I am going to create a must read list for my graduate school winter break. I have a month to read as much as possible!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

BettingOnAlicexX wrote:Just One Bite-Kimberly Raye
I have it and haven't read it yet. I've read the first 3 of the series. Is it better than the rest?

I'm about to begin Book 8 of the Sookie series. I love Eric!!!!

I'm also on a temporary hiatus from Dark Hunter. I'm waiting for book 7.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

I just recently finished a book called The Luxe that was really good.

Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I'm working on getting the books Cathy's Key(sequel to Cathy's Book) and
Rumors (sequel to The Luxe)
ImageImageImage
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

librarybooks wrote:
cullengirl wrote:I finished "Spanking Shakespeare" over the weekend. It was a great, quick read. Very funny, I laughed out loud many times.

I'm going to be starting "Graceling" by Kishore. I've heard that it's a good book for TW fans. I dunno, Tw saga is one hard series to follow.

Oleander, Lynzeee, and Skylar- Enjoy the Brothers! I hope you like them as much as the other Gutter Girls do. :D

I am really excited to read Graceling. I have heard great things too!

Read the Mortal Instruments series this weekend - City of Bones and City of Ashes. Now I have to painfully wait until March for the last book.
My husband and I were at a book conference in late September (we own a bookstore) and met Kristen Cashore, who was promoting her new book "Graceling". It's the last book I read before the Twilight series (which I read for the first time mid-October). It was REALLY good. I thought some of the content was a little too...adult...for the young adult audience, but I guess teens now know a lot more than I did at that age, anyway. I LOVED "Graceling"...it was really original, I thought, and one of the most addictive books I've ever read (probably second to the Twilight books). I remember thinking about the characters constantly. She's coming out with a prequel of sorts next year, too, and I can't wait!
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

By the way, I just got the first book in Libba Bray's trilogy, A Great and Terrible Beauty. Has anyone read those? Any good?
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

MyHusbandismyedward- I just finished the first 60 pages or so and I'm loving it! I did hear that she's working on a prequel and a possibly a sequel. I thought it was kinda strange to write a prequel at this point. *shrugs shoulders*

I love the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray. The heroine is fiesty, intelligent, and very strong like Kat in Graceling. I love how Bray incorporates all different types of genres like supernature, mystery, and romance along with mythology. I would say the second book is my favorite.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

MiharuSkii wrote:I just recently finished a book called The Luxe that was really good.

Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I'm working on getting the books Cathy's Key(sequel to Cathy's Book) and
Rumors (sequel to The Luxe)
Luxe and Rumors are both pretty good!

Recently, I read The Decoy Princess by Dawn Cook and Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn (both are amazing!)

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409