What are you reading

~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Re: What are you reading

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

MiharuSkii wrote:I just recently finished a book called The Luxe that was really good.

Right now I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I'm working on getting the books Cathy's Key(sequel to Cathy's Book) and
Rumors (sequel to The Luxe)
Luxe and Rumors are both pretty good!

Recently, I read The Decoy Princess by Dawn Cook and Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn (both are amazing!)

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

I'm getting some of the classics in - I just finished Pride and Prejudice and look forward to another Jane Austen. I was lucky to find an annotated edition at the library. It helped me a lot, because I am woefully ignorant of life in England in the 18th/19th centuary.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

cullengirl wrote:MyHusbandismyedward- I just finished the first 60 pages or so and I'm loving it! I did hear that she's working on a prequel and a possibly a sequel. I thought it was kinda strange to write a prequel at this point. *shrugs shoulders*

I love the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray. The heroine is fiesty, intelligent, and very strong like Kat in Graceling. I love how Bray incorporates all different types of genres like supernature, mystery, and romance along with mythology. I would say the second book is my favorite.
Yeah, the prequel is about the childhood of the character in the book with one eye (I can't remember his name, but you'll know who he is) and then the sequel takes place years after Graceling (like 6 years or something? I can't remember exactly).

I'm gonna finish the books I'm reading now (Eclipse again and The Wind Singer) and then start the Libba Bray books. I seem to be stuck in the young adult genre...
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

I'm reading the Odyssey by Homer. It's very good and classic literature :D
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

MyHusbandIsMyEdward wrote: Yeah, the prequel is about the childhood of the character in the book with one eye (I can't remember his name, but you'll know who he is) and then the sequel takes place years after Graceling (like 6 years or something? I can't remember exactly).
Awesome! I blazed thru a hundred pages last night and I'm loving this book! I had to force myself to go to bed so I could get up in time for work. Po is a very interesting charcter.

I'm also reading Son of the Mob for a book club. Very cute so far.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

JodeenSings wrote:I'm getting some of the classics in - I just finished Pride and Prejudice and look forward to another Jane Austen. I was lucky to find an annotated edition at the library. It helped me a lot, because I am woefully ignorant of life in England in the 18th/19th centuary.
I'd suggest Persuasion, it's my favorite Austen novel. And get your classics from Barnes and Noble, they have stuff with notes so it's a lot easier to read!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

debussygirl wrote:
JodeenSings wrote:I'm getting some of the classics in - I just finished Pride and Prejudice and look forward to another Jane Austen. I was lucky to find an annotated edition at the library. It helped me a lot, because I am woefully ignorant of life in England in the 18th/19th centuary.
I'd suggest Persuasion, it's my favorite Austen novel. And get your classics from Barnes and Noble, they have stuff with notes so it's a lot easier to read!
Thanks, Debussy Girl! The edition I picked up at the library was published by Bethany House. Could you check yours and tell me what publisher/edition it is. I just checked out Sense and Sensibility, but I will put Persuasion on my short list.
BTW what's your favorite Debussy Piece - I played some of the piano pieces from the Children's Suite - Goliwog's Cakewalk is a favorite, a bit difficult to play and I like Dr. Gradus ad Parnassum. Most people like Claire de Lune.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
triciavenice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by triciavenice »

aimee_xbella wrote:I'm reading the Odyssey by Homer. It's very good and classic literature :D

I've always wanted to read it, is it a hard read? Like shakesphere is hard sometimes.....
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

aimee_xbella wrote:I'm reading the Odyssey by Homer. It's very good and classic literature :D
Wooo!Homer rocks!I'm reading The Odyssey too,it is soo class!*knuckle touch!*
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

JodeenSings wrote:
debussygirl wrote:
Thanks, Debussy Girl! The edition I picked up at the library was published by Bethany House. Could you check yours and tell me what publisher/edition it is. I just checked out Sense and Sensibility, but I will put Persuasion on my short list.
BTW what's your favorite Debussy Piece - I played some of the piano pieces from the Children's Suite - Goliwog's Cakewalk is a favorite, a bit difficult to play and I like Dr. Gradus ad Parnassum. Most people like Claire de Lune.
Hehe, to be perfectly honest I've heard about 3 of Debussy's pieces, all of which were from my siblings' piano recitals I've been going to forever. I got my screen name from the part in Twilight when Edward says, "you know debussy?" I wanted something related to twilight but not obvious, so that's why I picked my screen name.
Anyways, the books I'm talking about are the Barnes and Noble classics, the bookstore publishes them. You can find them here online:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/classics/ ... id=1286066
They usually (or at least in the stores I've been to) have a large display of their classics out, not all that you can get online, but the well-known ones. The rest you can find in the fiction section.
It's the only way that I can read classics now.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com