What are you reading

virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Re: What are you reading

Post by virginiax7 »

I'm reading The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing, and it's good but kind of tough reading, so I keep having to take breaks and go watch bad TV so my brain doesn't blow up. :
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I just finished Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. It was a really great book! It is written kinda strangely but I greatly recommend it!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Could any of you direct me to a book that explains how you could take a healthy, 5'9 , 16 year old boy and transform him into a 6'7" werewolf?
TEAM TAYCOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posting everywhere since midnight.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Has anyone here read "The Time Traveler's Wife" I'm struggling in the beginning of this. It's slow but so many friends have highly recommended it and it will be a movie in 2009 sometime!

I also have "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" waiting to get read.. anybody??

I want to buy "The Hunger Games" since SM highly recommends it!

ANY suggestions is welcome. I'm re-reading New Moon again because Time Traveler's Wife is so slow!!
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

I just finished Cathy's Key and now I'm re-reading Cathy's Book
If you haven't read them, I'd highly recommend them, they're as awesome as Twilight ;)
ImageImageImage
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i've had the hungry games for three weeks now and only half way... i've read The Host three times in one week right before picking up Hungry Games... I don't think it's my taste. I can't seem to pick it up and finish it.

I have a question, I HATE to read because I dont' want to waste time reading somethign I'm not going to enjoy... any suggestions. I want a love story like "the host" <3 ian... but nothing X rated or anything like that. Any suggestions? Just curious.

Thanks
JAIME
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

jlbower79 wrote:I have a question, I HATE to read because I dont' want to waste time reading somethign I'm not going to enjoy... any suggestions. I want a love story like "the host" <3 ian... but nothing X rated or anything like that. Any suggestions? Just curious.
Thanks
JAIME
Have you been reading from Stephenie Meyer's Amazon Book List? I have. I really liked her suggestion of Eva Ibbotson's A Company of Swans. It is set in the early 1900's, so it's not going to be anything like The Host in that respect. It's not X rated, but it has a certain amount of intrigue and action. So I have read another Ibbotson book Madensky Square which I liked almost as much.
http://www.amazon.com/Stephenie-Meyers- ... NI1F9ZIKJD
Best of luck!
~~~Image~~~
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

^ im totally going to order that book! thanks. i book marked that page btw... :D
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I'm reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Songwriting -- because I'm gonna need all the advise I can get if I'm gonna go to Nashville
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

simple_love♫ wrote:I'm reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Songwriting -- because I'm gonna need all the advise I can get if I'm gonna go to Nashville
Oooo really! Is it a good book? I'm a music teacher. Keep me posted on your progress in songwriting. I love songwriting myself, used to be in a band and was a church music director. Have you any music posted on-line? I have friends of friends (or brother of friend in one case) who are musicians in Nashville and my nephews in a band. Sorry to get off-topic.
jlbower79 wrote:im totally going to order that book! thanks. i book marked that page btw...
I hope you like it. I found a copy at the library, but I think I will reread it again. What was cool when I was reading it was that I just met someone from one of the countries the book is set in and had friends who visited that country, too. I'm checked off Pride and Prejudice (then I HAD to read Sense and Sensibility) Speaker for the Dead (and since it had a book that preceed it, Ender's Game, I read that too) A Company of Swans, To Kill a Mockingbird (which was the Big Read this year, and prolly my favorite book of all time - no offence Stephenie), I'm at Chapter 12 of Jane Eyre (I read Wuthering Heights first, big mistake but at least I had an annotated copy, which I highly recommend) and I've watched the Princess Bride about two dozen times or more. Okay, I'll shut up now . . . .
~~~Image~~~