What are you reading

Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: What are you reading

Post by Jazziscool »

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Last Christmas by Kate Brian

Private by Kate Brian

I HIGHLY RECOMEND these books. They're good.

Also, try,

Seven Tears in to the Sea

To Catch a Pirate

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

I have two main ones:
-Days of Grace, Arthur Ashe
-Forever on the Mountain, James M. Tabor

I'm reading Paper Towns by John Green kind of on/off since I've read it more than three times already.
ImageImageImage
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i recently. not very recently. but recently finished "in the heat of the night" it was fantastic. next up on my reading list are
--to kill a mocking bird
--wuthering heights
--a separate piece

can't wait. and also Extras if i can wedge it in. if possible.
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

triciavenice wrote:
aimee_xbella wrote:I'm reading the Odyssey by Homer. It's very good and classic literature :D

I've always wanted to read it, is it a hard read? Like shakesphere is hard sometimes.....
Is it a hard read? Well, I had to translate from the original Latin, that was hard. (I know, I'm OLD!) But what is real cool about it is that movies like "O, Brother Where Art Thou?" are "modern day" retellings of the story. You might want to watch the movie then read Homer's Odyssey. Have fun!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

My friend lent me the first and second in the series of the Vampire Academy.
I just finished the second book and I loved them. I'm dying to read the third book.
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

Right now:
-Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. (I'm liking it so far!!)
And
-A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines (I think, for school. It's kind of lame so far)

Lately I've finished:
-The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. It was freaking AMAZING!! I loved it. I love Wes!
- M or F? by Lisa Papademetriou & Chris Tebbets. It was soo good. I definitely did not expect the ending I got, and it's pretty hilarious, too. I laughed my bum off.
- Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti. Not quite as much focusing on love stories. I liked it a lot, though.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It was really good, truly the only book I had to read for school I actually ENJOYED!
etc. etc. etc.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
pallorxmortis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pallorxmortis »

Thr3e -- Ted Dekker
"Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy. Where black is white, and white is black.

Kevin parson is driving is car late one summer day when, suddenly, his cell phone rings. A man who identifies himself as Slater speaks in a breathy voice: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high. Followed by a riddle: 'What breaks but never falls. What falls but never breaks.'

Sunlight and Shadows -- Cameron Dokey
"In a time when the world was young and many things were quite commonplace that are now entirely forgotten, Sarastro, Mage of the Day, wed Pamina, the Queen of the night. And in this way the world was complete, for light was joined to dark. For all time would they be joined together. Only the ending of the world could tear them apart. In other words, in the days in which my parents married, there was no such thing as divorce...

Thus begins the tale of Mina, a girl-child born on the longest night of the darkest month of the year. When her father looked at her, all he saw was what he feared: By birth, by name, by nature, she belonged to the Dark. So when Mina turned sixteen, her father took her away from shadow and brought her into sunlight.
In retaliation, her mother lured a handsome prince into a deadly agreement: If he frees Mina, he can claim her as his bride.

And of course: Beowulf in the original Old English.
xD
Because I'm that much of a dork to read things in the traditional Old English. It just sounds better when you read:
Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.

Instead of it in actually Modern english.

"You see a wile, you thwart. Am I right?"
-- Crowley to Aziraphale : Good Omens
talirhee

Post by talirhee »

THE Real Duckie wrote:Dance with a vampire By Ellen Schreiber
The Morganville Vampires: The Dead girl's Dance By Rachel Caine
(Do you see a theme here?) :lol:
hahha, I'm reading Dance with a Vampire too! =)
talirhee

Post by talirhee »

I'm reading a few books..

But the one that stands out most is Johnny Got His Gun - Dalton Trumbo.
Anyone else read that?
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished Graceling by Kristin Cashore last night and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it!

Now, I'm reading "Newsies from the Dead". It's about this girl who was hanged in the early 1800s (I think?), and she's used as a dissection example, but she's not totally dead. I guess it based on a true story. Freaking, huh?

ETA: Finished "Newes from the Dead" last night. It was good but very strange, especially since it really happened in real life. I'm now reading "The Foreshadowing" by Marcus Sedgwick. It's been on my list for a while and I thought I would check it out.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!