Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by ForJazz926 »

Adult thread, hey? Good idea. I'm Julie, btw.

Scary movie? Well I just recently tried getting into them. I've been a chicken my entire life, but when I was in college I went to go see "Identity" and i just about had a nervous breakdown that lasted two days. I know that one is considered "lame" by film geeks, but it scared the bejeezus out of me.

When I started my mission to get over my fear of scary movies a few years ago, I saw "The Ring." I made my friend watch it with me, and every time I thought something was about to happen, I made her describe it to me beforehand in detail so that I wouldn't have a heart attack. I made it through.

Scariest move I have ever seen was "The Descent." Scary, bloody, disturbing, AWFUL. I ran out of the room sobbing in the middle of it. *shudders* I think I peed a little just thinking about it.

Image Image

VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Ahhh Scary movies!! They are my favorite genre. MMM as for the scaries? Well the one that gave me nightmares was Mothman Prophecies. I think because it was based on acual events. Its the real ones that scare me the most, the ones that are based on true stories. I couldn't watch Unsolved Mysteries for the longest time because I had watched one on alien abduction and dreamt that a green man was in my room. I was probably around 9 or 10. I can watch them now though. Theres a show that my son and I liked to watch on animal planet called "Lost Tapes", but one of them scared us both, so we don't watch it anymore. It's about creatures that may or may not be myths, like the lockness monster, the yeti, and the like (those wern't the ones that scared us though, I think it was one about bat people and an owl-like creature.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Hey Guys! I'm making my weekly (or weakly) appearance.

I concur with nearly everyone's statements regarding Ward & BDB.

QOTD: Braces...
I had really bad teeth before braces (due to thyroid disease my teeth came in awkward and then my baby teeth didn't want to leave). I was super excited to get braces because 1. it meant better looking teeth and 2. I would fit in finally. Nearly everyone had braces. They were an accessory almost. I had a extra tooth come in on my upper front left. I had a gap between my teeth that my thumb would fit in. I remember the rubber bands...mainly the buffaloes for some reason. Getting my front teeth in the proper position was the worst, but it wasn't awful. I managed to eat nearly anything I wanted. My top braces were put on in May 83 and the bottoms were put on in September 83. They were removed April Fools Day 86. I have no horror stories about having braces. Oops, I have one. I was in a fist fight with another girl in 10th grade and my wire stuck my cheek pretty bad. The braces came off about 2 weeks later. Overall, braces for me were no biggie.

I hate horror movies. Scariest movie ever (for me) was The Exorcist. Movies or shows re: demonic possession scare the toast out of me.

Funny story: I planned on sending out Sookie to Bac today. I drove to the nearest post office and pulled up, and then realized it's President's Day. It was closed. Sorry Bac. I'll try again on Wednesday.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ahhhh!!! I got sucked in again :roll: LOL
I just gave in to the urge and ordered the 1st book in the Psy/Changling series...

I'm not going to start it until I've finished Phury's book in the BDB series though. I'm going to start confusing all my characters if I take on too many at once :D DH characters are hard enough to keep straight on their own...LOL

Thank you Naureen!!

BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Goodicus grieficus!!! Scary movies...can't watch 'em. The last one I saw in the theatre was "The Grudge" with my SIL. I was so scared! I'm such a wus! The scariest by far that I have ever seen is also "The Exorcist," and I still haven't been able to watch it completely. I agree with others that scary movies based on actual events or demon possession are just too freaky- real stuff scares the mess out of me!

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

GNE, you are so sweet. I am sorry you went to all that trouble and no open post office. I didn't even think about that! I am about 3/4 through Sookie #1 and I am really curious where this is going.

FanMNM, loved P/C. I think you will like it. It is only 5 books at this point too (soon to be 6). I hope you like them.

Braces: Had them 2 times. Once when I was 8 for just the front top teeth (they were pretty much sideways). Then again in 7th-8th grade for the tops and bottoms. I only had them on for a year or so the second time, those impressionable teen years.

Horror movies: As a kid the first I remember seeing was The House of Wax with Vincent Price. It was so scary, but in a good way. The one I remember being the scared the most in was Phantasm (I can't remember if that is how it is spelled). My sister and I watched it clutching each other and pillows. I really don't like them and don't watch them. I would watch just about any genre over horror.
by Laniyeah on photobucket

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Braces - had them FOREVER! Got them in the middle of grade 6, and they came off the end of grade 10. I had headgear, elastics, retainer, you name it. I remember getting my headgear during a day appointment at the orthodontist, returning to school, and crying in pain and frustration because I didn't know how to take off the darn torture device and it hurt so much. My siblings had them on for a much shorter time. Thankfully, most of the work stuck (my bottom teeth are a bit crooked now but my top teeth are nice and straight) whereas my brother and sister (who had it on for a much shorter period) did not have it stick.

Horror movies - I cannot take them. As many of you know, I was unable to watch The Dark Knight Returns with Heath Ledger because I found it too intense. What's the one with Damien? And his nanny hangs herself at his birthday party? I watched that and was scared. I agree that things that are within the realm of possibility are very scary - my husband knew quite a few Catholic priests and once spoke to one who worked on real exorcisms. It makes you think serious thoughts about your soul and the nature of evil.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Oleander, I think it's great that you won the prize, I hope you have fun with that, or did have fun if you have already.

Spooky, you took my answer on the scary movie, but it's also one I love now. I can't say Poltergeist was the scariest though I think the second one they did was the worst because of that guy Henry Cain played by Julian Beck. Oh my good lord that man freaked me out and that movie did too, but now I have all of the Poltergeist movies. I can't watch them at night though, well sometimes, but not when I'm alone which is almost always.

My cure for watching scary movies, new ones is to go to the earliest show time then you have all day to get over it and not have it be so bad by the time you go to bed. I don't know about going to see it though the Halloween Remake was actually pretty good.

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I grew up watching horrow movies so they don't really bother me too much, I love them.

I'm more into the "cheesy" type scary movies such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw. I like the slasher movies more then those that deal with the paranormal, possession or ghosts. Those type of movies freak me out more.

The Omen and Rosemary's Baby are two of the movies that I like but really don't like to watch because they give me the willies.

I can't believe that the Friday the 13th remake topped the box office. I mean how many times can Jason reak havoc on a bunch of people and no one gets a clue?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!

Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

skylarblue wrote:I can't believe that the Friday the 13th remake topped the box office. I mean how many times can Jason reak havoc on a bunch of people and no one gets a clue?

:lol: I know!!!!
I am not a huge fan of horror films. Whats weird is that I use to be able to watch just about anything as a teenager(alone too), but now all that stuff just freaks me out. There are some movies that freak me out so much I wont even say their name.

I'm more of a Dirty Dancing kinda gal. Thats my fav. movie 8-)