Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by una »

Good point Misfit. Plus add in the fact that those younger readers can afford the under $10 price tag on some of these romance novels as well. This makes them a tempting purchase/entertainment for the high school aged/college aged crowds who, now with the taste of Twilight, are looking for more romance/vampire/paranormal reads.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

*approaches group quietly, tail between her legs* any room for an old GG to pop in?

Sorry i've been MIA for the past while. I've been writing like a madwoman, have been going through some personal things, and reading like crazy. I used to check the LEX when I was at work but things are so crazy now that I don't even have time for breaks and lunch anymore.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite thing to do on a day off (not the regular weekend)?
I just had a four-day weekend for Easter and I spent it writing and reading. I read 5 books between Friday and yesterday, wrote for 9 hours on Friday, transcribed 20,000 words from handwritten notes to my laptop. I spend most of my days off that way, regular weekend or not.

Really though, my favourite thing to do on a day off is to sleep in for a while, sit on my deck in the sun for a while and read, get some writing done, run some errands and spend the rest of the day doing whatever I want. If it's summer, i love to go to the beach.

So what do y'all think of the casting choices for NM???
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I think the new casting choices seem pretty solid...I don't know if Felix is exactly how I pictured him, but hopefully I'll move past that once I see the actor play the role. I'm wondering about the kid playing Alec...he looks a lot younger than Dakota Fanning (or is that just me??) and aren't they supposed to be twins? I wasn't so sure about the guy playing Aro, until i relaized he was the guy in the latest Underworld movie. It's not that I'm a big fan of Underworld (it was ok...but my husband loved all 3!!) but since I've seen him act and I thought he did a good job as a werewolf...I think he'll be good as Aro. And just imagine, first he led the werewolves and now he gets to lead the vampires...he gets around! :lol:

Thank you Naureen!!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Yeah, Im not sure what I think of the finalized NM Cast. The hired Marcus wasnt the look I had pictured, well gosh, I guess most of them arent the look I had pictured :cry:
I really havent been keeping up on the NM news as I was with Twilight. Figures, the NM book is my least favorite, so it should only makes sense that Im not looking forward to the NM Movie(will probably be my least favorite Movie).
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Oleander you are always welcome to drop back in. I am sorry to hear things are crazy that kind of sounds like SNAFU to me but maybe only my life is that way. :-)

I agree with everyone else the casting choices look pretty solid to me too.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I am pleased with the initial look of the rounded-out cast and have sworn to myself that I would no get too picky, after all, a lot of people complained about Rob (i didn't though...loved him from the get-go) and he was the perfect Edward (in my eyes at least). The more eye candy we get, the better. ;) (i'm such a dirty old cougar...sigh)

So how's everyone been? I haven't had time to read back over the older posts. I'm just grabbing a quick minute between phone calls to pop in right now to make sure i've not been shunned. ;)
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

My wife and I are fine we have nick named the our baby girl in the womb Renesmee. It is official she cracked one of mommies ribs! :( TwiDealer is doing better now that the baby seems to have moved on from kicking her ribs. No we are not going to name her after any Twilight characters her name just in case you missed it is Alyssa Rose.

I am getting really nervous right now as TwiDealer is considering to be a stay at home mom. Normally I would be very happy about this but with the current economic conditions it scares the s&$t out of me.

Been writing not a lot but still writing I have completed my story arch at least in my head so I know where I want the characters to end up so that's a good thing!

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Misfit wrote: It is official she cracked one of mommies ribs!
My goodness! Really? Is the wifey okay? Sending prayers and love your way to make sure she's alright, physically and that you're both alright financially if she decides to be a stay at home mommy. Hang in there, Misfit!

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Misfit is TwiDealer okay? I'm with Feathers, I didn't know that was possible. I hope she heals quickly and little Alyssa stops hurting mommy that way! Keeping you guys in my prayers!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

WOW - All this support is wonderful but it happened several weeks ago I posted about it then that we thought it was a crack or a bruised rib. I was catching Oleander up TwiDealer is doing very well she is excited about some Twilight stuff that she got inside info on (she won't even tell me) but other then that she is good. Alyssa is Daddies girl she calms right down when I put my hand on the belly so its all good.

Easier for me to say considering I don't have to wince when I breath but really TwiDealer is doing much better this week.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*