Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by VampLover »

QOTD: Anyone have any exciting summer plans? Normally I like to take my son on an away vacation, but due to the unfortunate economy we have to stay close to home this year. I am hoping to take him to Sea World and then to the aquarium down in Houston. My son is very into sea life this year, so I thought those would be some fun places to go.

New Moon Trailer Soooo loved it!!!!! CANNOT wait until November. And I feel a little bit like a Dirty Old Lady because Man does Taylor look HOT!!!
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.

Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Summer plans: Visiting relatives in Tulsa and camping at Osage State Park.

Best Summer: Every summer I get to spend in the Black Hills.

New Moon trailer: Loved it. Excellent transformation. Can't wait for November either.

I've been reading fanfic (something I just have never really done) to keep me occupied until my other stuff comes in from the library.

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

New Moon Trailer: First of all... I was watching MtV for the first time in years! and I just about died when Andy S. did the faux trailer complete with Teen Wolf. That was fantastic!

The actual trailer was good. My favorite was the special effects for the wolf transformation. That was fantastic!! I was disappointed that the wolf seemed "real life size." When I read NM, I could not wrap my head around how big SM had described them... I hope they are much bigger in the movie (it was only a few seconds! LOL). I thought they had changed the scene when Bella meets Laurent - that it was at Jacob's place, but someone pointed out to me that those were spliced scenes and that Bella was wearing two different outfits. I hope they don't change that scene, because it is one of my favorites in the book. As always - poor Jasper... They make him look so freaky - but that's my personal taste... Jackson is so much better looking than that!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I have to agree with everyone...I thought the trailer was fantastic! I didn't pick up on the fact that Bella was wearing different clothes and the scenes were actually two different ones...but I see it now and I think it'll be so awesome when we get to see them all in order in November!! :)

I had to go online and rewatch the trailer several times because I kept wanting to get a better looking at Jake actually shifting...I loved how it actually looked like he exploded into the wolf!

Thank you Naureen!!

Addicted

Post by Addicted »

What did you think of the New Moon Trailer? LOVED IT!!!!
What I thought of....I'll go in order of events on the trailer :D

Edward pushing Jackson, Jackson falling on & braking Edwards Piano. At 1st I was really pissed, but then I realized that is was actually quite symbolic, although Im not sure they were going in that direction. I mean, Edwards piano, the piano he had played Bella's Lullaby on, gets destroyed & then :cry: he leaves.

Edward Leaving. Im in MAJOR trouble. I kid you not, I actually got teary eyed when he left her in the trailer. It was what? A whole second of time & I actually got teary eyed. To be honest, if I had been at home watching it(was at a friends) I probably would have actually started to cry. :ugeek: Movie wise, I'm screwed, I'll be crying like a baby Im sure. :cry:

Jacob to Wolf. I dont really like all that white fur they got going on. I really had pictured him with all Reddish-Brown fur, just different tones, but never with white added anywhere. Other then that....LOVED IT!!!!
Jacob to Wolf.

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Addicted thanks for the shot breakdown, that was WAY cool!

The coloring on Jacob didn't bother me because his main body is the russet color. With wolves, they can have markings like the white socks or shoes, etc. He is mainly that reddish-brown and I'm good with that. I just love how realistic the wolf looked so I have HUGE hopes for this movie. I can't wait.

I love the symbolism you mentioned with Edward's piano getting broken. You're right, it was the beginning of the demise of Edward - his whole world falls apart as he looses Bella. November just cannot come fast enough!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Addicted - love the breakdown of the phase. Thanks so much. Also, great job with the symbolism, I though the same thing, that the piano being broken was an awesome omen. The goodbye scene is going to be incredible. Thanks for all the info you guys post. I love this thread!

remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by remylebeauishot »

[quote="twilightmom"]New Moon Trailer: First of all... I was watching MtV for the first time in years! and I just about died when Andy S. did the faux trailer complete with Teen Wolf. That was fantastic!

Really??? I was so mad :x , I was screaming at the TV. My daughter thought that I was hilarious!!! :evil:
Can't get enough FFic!!! Argh!!!

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

remylebeauishot wrote: Really??? I was so mad :x , I was screaming at the TV. My daughter thought that I was hilarious!!! :evil:
Yep, I was rolling. But my husband looked at me very seriously and said "Is THAT what you've been waiting for?" I had to explain to him that no - that was a spoof. Silly man. But I immediately realized that the scenes were from TWILIGHT right off, so I new it had to be a spoof.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

Addicted

Post by Addicted »

:lol: I went to another Twilighters house to watch the Awards so that I could scream & get all fan girly without the hubby. :lol:

So when Andy announced "....the moment you've all been wating for...." I was like, he is SO RIGHT!!!! Well, we ran up to the TV screen, sat down in fron & BAM!!!! Spoof.... :o :lol: :evil: :lol:
So then he was like "....after this commercial, I swear...", well, commercial came & went, he came back on & another commercial came.... :lol: :evil: :lol:
But, it WAS MTV after all.
I was so happy that the whole night pretty much surrounded around Twilight & Rob!!!! I mean, Rob was the 1st person the camera shot on after Andy came out on stage. I was happy they won most of their awards, but really....lost to MC? I thought for sure if there was one award that we wouldnt get it would have been Kristen or maybe we would have lost to the Dark Knight, which would have been understandable. When Kristen won I was like, "Wow, the fans truly are giving her a 2nd chance" and then DROP!!!! I was like, OME!!!! Only Kristen....Still think she shouldnt of said "MY cast"....
The almost kiss was CRUEL. I had figured it was her idea so I wasnt too surprised when that was confirmed.
Funny, Jim Carey....Shoot, if I were a guy, sorry misfit, I would SO want prop. 8 overturned JUST FOR ROB!!!! ;)