Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by una »

Well, an easy QOTD would be: Do you like the new Lex look? or How did you enjoy the April Fool's Lex?

I love the new lex look - it's just stunningly beautiful. I enjoyed the Kaleblex yesterday - I thought it was fun. Not nearly as fun as the Volturri one...but definitely fun!

I haven't been able to watch Twilight either, Twimom. Hubby doesn't want to watch it with me (he says once in the theatre was enough for him) so I am waiting for a time when I'm home and he isn't so I can watch the blue-ray I bought. *Sigh* I hope it is soon! I'm itching to watch all the extended and deleted scenes and listen to the commentary.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been by. Figured it was high time to check in again.

I loved the commentary on the Tw DVD. It was fun to here them laughing and sharing stories. The "Vampire Kiss" montage was . . . oh there are just no words. ~sigh~
The one thing I would have loved to see that was not included were some bloopers. Those are always amusing.

My one frustration is that the way our system is set up the signal from the DVD player is routed through a tuner/receiver so the sound plays through the stereo. For some reason the color becomes distorted in transit and Edward looks like a green alien with bright red lipstick through much of the movie. So attractive. Our system does not do this with any of the other DVDs in our collection. So, here are my viewing options:

A. watch the alien version of Tw on the TV and have great sound and a big picture or

B. watch Tw on the computer with good color and a small, sharp picture but less than impressive sound.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I love the new Lex. :D I missed the April Fools Lex yesterday. :cry:

i have only gotten to watch my DVD once so far. it's hard to get the TV away from the kids including the big one I'm married to. I loved the commentary too. It was kind of fun seeing some ofthe little thngs in the back ground that you didn't notice before. Like the guy in the lunch room that ran through. I think I might have to force my aunt to watch it at her house. She has a wonderful flat screen with surround sound.

Your right Heart Song, bloopers would have been fun. Nice to see you around again.
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

QOTD- Una thank you for a good QOTD. I really like the pretty new Lex.
As for the April 1st fun, I enjoyed it but I do think the previous years were much more fun and got many more people involved. I'm not sure how many people actually knew who Kaleb was. I didn't but I haven't been on much for a while.

Heart Song- It is so nice to see you I have missed you on the Lex and the Dex.

I still haven't had a chance to watch any of my 3 different DVDs of Twilight. Soon I hope... I have to get my tax stuff together.

Bewitched I understand your pain in not getting to control the TV much. Seems like Hanna Montana, America's Next Top Model, or reruns of So You Think You Can Dance are always on mine. Oh and The History Channel, UFC, or G4 if the boys are home.

Misfit lucky you and all your gadgets.

Book suggestions- I read a series by Maria V. Snyder that I enjoyed. It is not trashy but does have some romance in it. It has strong female and male characters in it and had a refreshing storyline. The Books were Poison Study, Magic Study, and Fire Study. If you read them I hope you enjoy them as I did.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

QOTD: I'm enjoying the new Lex. It's a little disconcerting but I'm getting used to it :) I like it though...

The April Fool's Day Lex was alittle hard for me to understand at first, but once I understood what was going on, I thought it was funny. I like what I've heard about the ones in the past though. Wish I had been around to see them :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

Yes, the new Lex is lovely. It's always a little disconcerting when things are changed up but it's all good.

I was having issues logging in yesterday and missed out on the fun, dang it.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

WOW it has been forever since I have been on the Lex... and where do I go first? Strait to the gutter!

I love the DVD comentary. I love how Rob has NO IDEA that he is a good actor and a handsome guy. I love how he thinks he has girly hands... and a lot of us girls thing... he has fantatic hands.

I love the new look on the Lex also. I didn't know it changed, so it was a nice surprise.

Hi everyone I have not seen is SOOOOOOOOoooooo long.

Bluestarlight - I love your manic viewing of Twilight. I have found that I turn it on everytime there is nothing else on. If it is late and I am awake... no infomercials for me, I watch Twilight. Home sick... bad daytime soaps... I watch Twilight. Saturday TV is just awful so I watch Twilight! Wake up in the middle of the night... I put on Twilight. I also love the comentary so I interchange between the two LOL. I have not hit 13 viewings yet, however I got the DVD a week late because Barnes and Noble is stupid... that's another story
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thanks for the QOTD, Una.

I like the new colors - but still purple - of the LEX. I haven't clicked on the new links up top yet - a YouTube Channel?! I don't miss the ads that were there. I haven't been on to the main Lex - the news part or anything yet. Has that changed too? I'll have to look. I do bet that our "invizzy" codes we've used to hid spoilers (in the book threads), will show up now!

I just did a quick look at the April Fool's Lex... I don't follow Kaleb, but I know who he is.

Books: On the smut end of the spectrum - Una introduced me to a WONDERFUL series - Demonica Series - by Larissa Ione. It's about demons, vamps, werewolves, shapeshifters, etc. There are three books so far - following 3 demon brothers and the hospital for the "underworld" that they run. There are some definite "cheesy" things, but the stories are pretty exciting. And there is good smut!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

The lex front page is awesome what they did to the forums well that's another story. The logos don't always come up I have added everything required to my no-script and thing still looks like junk. I have not checked it out in IE maybe that's my problem but to me the forums look bad very bad.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Really Misfit, mine looks very striking. They seem to fill the screen better now as well. My only complaint is that it seems to take a few seconds longer to load. The graphic at the top looks really good though. I use Mozilla-Firefox, I don't know if helps.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!