Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I'll be around tonight!

I picked up my lab forms today. With the ice storm I wasn't able to get them from the doctor's office. When I was there I spoke with the doctor's main nurse, and she urged me to call in the morning to make an appointment over my tailbone. I told her it'd been 9 days since I fell, and I'm not feeling ANY better. Actually, I broke down twice today while KNE and I were running errands. It hurts so horribly bad. I hate it.

Write this down, GG's: I found the invisible color code--> #CCCCCC

To hide a spoiler: [color = #CCCCCC ] This is a big ol'spoiler!! [/color] But without the spaces.
It will look like this: This is a big ol'spoiler!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thanks for the code, SuperTwin!! You MUST see the doctor!!!! For not only your poor bum but your trouble sleeping. We care...that's why we nag.

TwiMom, I feel for you. I've had that happen the books weren't lost, they just weren't on the page I expected. Do a search for the book on the web and you might find it in the list. I've also done the, click "I'm Reading" off and then forgot to click "I've Read". Maybe if you select it again it'll still have your review and then you can put it back on your shelf. I still love my shelfari even with the occasional bumps.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Favorite website: Shelfari- It helps so much in keeping me organized plus I get to see what other people are reading and get suggestions. I'm also addicted to Youtube and the IMDB (Internet Movie Database). For my bollywood guilty pleasure I check out Planet Bollywood for movie and music reviews. Plus there are a few author blogs that I try to read daily like John Green or Libba Bray.
Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:
skylarblue wrote:One word, that urkes me to death in all of our paranormal romance books, is the use of the word "Baby." I was so annoyed with Butch using it constantly while baking (that I wanted to throw up) but in the DH books when the say it, it's not during baking only but said out of love and affection.
That is my biggest pet peeve with Butch. I couldn't get over it. There are some *ahem* who love that about him. I'm SO not one of them. Yuck.
:lol: :lol: ---> Guilty as charged! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Overused phrases: I concurr with core and hissing. The other thing I notice is the instant attraction or the urge to bake when people meet in DH.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

cullengirl wrote:The other thing I notice is the instant attraction or the urge to bake when people meet in DH.
CG: that's in all of our paranormal romance books. Maybe not every single book, but I would need to use some of my comatose brain power to find one that doesn't. I guess it doesn't really bother me.

They are romance/smut books. There's supposed to be baking. A lot of it. LOADS of it. I don't want it to deter from the story, but I wanna read it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I agree that the hissing has GOT TO GO! Unless you're writing about snakes, overheated radiators or tea kettles, there should be no hissing. The hooded eyes too...my god, Julian spent most of his book looking at Grace through hooded eyes. That's got to be annoying and not good for your vision either.

There are other words too that I could do without but we shant discuss them here. ;) I think most people know what I mean.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

oleander wrote: The hooded eyes too...my god, Julian spent most of his book looking at Grace through hooded eyes. That's got to be annoying and not good for your vision either.
Now after reading that I need to clean off my monitor and keyboard from the coffee I spit all over it. That was hysterical. :lol:

I never thought of the hooded eyes and I agree with you about the vision problem.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

hahaha Hooded eyes! yes that one is so annoying also.

there is a phrase that is in, Maybe EVER DH book. and it goes something like this.

What was it about _____ that makes me_____?
or
What is it about ____ that was so irresistible(or like word)?
I am certain you already know the answer Mr. Dark-hunter/Were-hunter/dream-hunter and Other. its called raging Male Hormones DUH!

I just try to look past all the bologna, and focus on the actual story. Something that bothers me more than the phrases, is the Errors anyone else reading DH feel like the books have too many Errors. Good news I found NONE in One silent night. either that or i am use to them. *shrugs*

*Runs away with Xypher before GNE and Una see her*
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:They are romance/smut books. There's supposed to be baking. A lot of it. LOADS of it. I don't want it to deter from the story, but I wanna read it.
Very true, and I have a book for all of you to avoid. I found an author whose short stories were fantastic. I get one of her books - I kid you not, I got tired of the baking. There were numerous moments when I thought, can we get back to the murder mystery? Please!?!? Oh, and some of the baking puts the WARDen to shame! WOW! :shock: There should be a good balance between the actual storyline and the smut. :shock: Oh, no, I sound like the SV! :o

Haha, Oleander, you crack me up! The hooded eyes, I completely agree! I get so annoyed with it. I tried practicing the "look" in the mirror and I can't see the attraction of it. I'd be tempted to ask him if he is sleepy and needs a nap.

Points at Lynzeee's signature - it's not within the board regulations...it's too big. *running to SuperTwinto tell her, we will have to confiscate Xypher, *ahem* the banner since it is larger than regulation size*...the plot thickens...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I mean, there's bedroom eyes and then these hooded eyes. I wonder if what our moms always told us about: If you keep your face like that it'll stay that way applies to hooded eyes? If so, then these paranormal hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-loins will need some serious plastic surgery when they get older (if they can, in fact, age).

Someone is trying to derail my planned evening with Kyrian! ARGH! I think I might have to turn off my phone tonight and feign a dead battery. Sshh...don't tell anyone I said that. :twisted:
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

UNA: I tried to practice the "hooded" eye look too - couldn't master it!! :lol:

What about "looking at her through his eyelashes" I mean, really... Even if you have long eyelashes, if you try to look through them, your eyes will open up more, thus making it pretty impossible!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!