Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by BlueStarlight »

I also must confess that I use "dude." I really only use it if "man" just isn't strong enough. I'm kinda weird like that. Oh well.

Spook- I am going to start keeping footnotes on BDB. There were some things in book 1 that I had forgotten about. I don't really want to ask questions until I finish the series...then I can get in on the big discussions and such. Thanks, I'll PM you if I need it girl! :)
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

Reading thru post.
Hissing is now my least favorite word. I never really noticed how often is was used in books until I was reading thru the post on here.
I just started the Dark Hunters Series ( Reading-Night Pleasures).
OMG it seems like hissing is on every other page. It is very distracting.

I have DH question and hope it is okay post here. Do I really need to read Dragonswan before Night Pleasures?
I haven't been able to find Dragonswan. Didn't know if I would be if would be really lost if I skipped over it for now until I can find it somewhere.

Carrie :D
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

hissssss

sorry, I am preparing myself.

Read V's book. Do not fear V's book. It's probably my tied for 2nd place in the BDB series. Fave is Butch!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

V has some interesting appetites, but you should be okay. Nothing that terribly off-putting.

No, you do not need to read Dragonswan. It's in many ways a stand alone story. I'm on Dream-Hunter and it hasn't been pertinent yet. However, it does help to give perspective on a race of were-hunters.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Wow, we've come along way. I just got done reading the past 10 or so pages and don't have really anything to add except now I'm noticing "hissing" alot.

I've just been reading, studying, and working my job and boy I feel like I need a new job. The girl I work with finally broke down. Thank goodness before we opened; and while I feel sorry for her, she really needs to find a job that is less stressful for her. The upper management need to get a clue and say sorry but your not working out. I really need to be able to come to work and not have so much negativity and actually have some who pulls their fair share. Ugh. Ok, enough of Debbie Downer.

Thanks to all who sent me Birthday Wishes.

Welcome to all the new people who have popped up since I've been gone.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Bewitched, it is hard to work when you have coworkers who complain or don't do their job well. I am sorry and hope that things improve. No one likes a negative work environment.

So, in honor of your son who is ballroom dancing, I have chosen a dancer (not a ballroom dancer :? ) to be a possible PSD. I don't know if he could pass or not, but in my wacky doodleness, I think he is pretty sexy anyway.
one shot,
two shot
by Laniyeah on photobucket
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

hissss.... Hi! I can hardly resist, you have to forgive me.

I look forward to a lot of hissing. There isn't hissing in Psy/Changlings though... and I am almost starting that. It depends how much reading I get done at the Gym. I have 2 books to finish and I am at the tail end of them both.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

spookybell wrote:hissss.... Hi! I can hardly resist, you have to forgive me.

I look forward to a lot of hissing. There isn't hissing in Psy/Changlings though... and I am almost starting that. It depends how much reading I get done at the Gym. I have 2 books to finish and I am at the tail end of them both.

Ok, I hope no one thinks I'm crazy for asking this question...but what is Psy/Changlings? Another series I didn't know about? (Sorry for being so out of the loop....) :roll:

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes, the Psy/Changling series is by Nalini Singh (there is a thread for it in this forum - but it is spoilerish if you haven't read the series). It's fantastic, here is a link to the author's site so you can check it out. This author also has a new series coming out in March called the Guild Hunters series. GNE and I were both lucky and won advanced copies of it. You can see our review of it on the aforementioned thread (just check the last page or two - there are no spoilers there right now.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

fanMNM

it's very frustrating. I am just starting the new series. After that is DH (Dark Hunter) and you are encouraged to read them in a certain order. I feel so behind... you are only slightly behind me. It would be nice to talk to someone. I will sneak around the boards and try to blindly post. I did a good job avoiding that at BDB but only went because I had to share (like about Butch and V) I went through what you are going through.